PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not even worth getting cross anymore
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Not even worth getting cross anymore  (Read 20386 times)

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Not even worth getting cross anymore
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2015, 11:13:10 AM »

Whilst it isn't right to be getting knocked out to lower league opposition, I think people keep forgetting we haven't lost every game. Beaten Barwell, beaten Leek in the cup.

I've said to other people, at least yesterday we applied ourselves correctly in that we didn't do a Trafford/Blyth and expected to turn up and win. At half time I was satisfied as we looked to be in control of the game without creating much. It baffled me then that after Griffin and Clee had the better of the right back in the 1st half, that we decided 2nd half to play it on the right!!

Disappointed yes. Gutted yes. But I think if someone said to you at start of the season that you'd be comfortable mid-table,1st round of the Cup and last 16 of Trophy you'd take it.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Jimmy

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »

The season has been good but barwell and leek are exceptions and not the norm are record against lower teams is shocking and as long as we are easily pleased we will never win anything

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2015, 11:45:30 AM »

Here's the goal, they've missed the bit where Densmore was shoved off the ball before we conceeded the free kick

http://bathcityfc.forumotion.co.uk/t600-altrincham-goal

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2015, 12:34:10 PM »

So let me get this right, this season we have won three FA Cup and Trophy games and lost two, so our tactics in cup games are all wrong.

Well it's pretty hard to lose more than two...  ::)
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »

Whilst it isn't right to be getting knocked out to lower league opposition, I think people keep forgetting we haven't lost every game. Beaten Barwell, beaten Leek in the cup.

I've said to other people, at least yesterday we applied ourselves correctly in that we didn't do a Trafford/Blyth and expected to turn up and win. At half time I was satisfied as we looked to be in control of the game without creating much. It baffled me then that after Griffin and Clee had the better of the right back in the 1st half, that we decided 2nd half to play it on the right!!

Disappointed yes. Gutted yes. But I think if someone said to you at start of the season that you'd be comfortable mid-table,1st round of the Cup and last 16 of Trophy you'd take it.

At present we may look to be in a position of comfortable mid-table but we wont finish that way if we continue to play like yesterday.
Next Saturday against Aldershot would be a very important win.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2015, 01:45:31 PM »

The next game whoever the opponents is always an important game , no one really expects us to get into play-off's or gain promotion , yes losing games like this and other lower teams is upsetting , but looking at it realistically a lot of people would be very happy to finish the season in mid table , then hope to improve next season , with a few new players , i think we are having a better season than expected .

brian1925

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »

There's no question that we're having a much better season than anyone expected. We are probably good enough to get into the top half, which is pretty incredible really. However, I'd have happily given up a place or two for a visit to Wembley.

Jimmy

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 02:00:45 PM »

I like the fact that a half decent leauge season makes all the bad up results ok speaking to a friend who was there to see us win trophy in 78 said it was the catalyst for the club becoming great
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 02:03:42 PM by Jimmy »

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2015, 02:20:56 PM »

There's no question that we're having a much better season than anyone expected. We are probably good enough to get into the top half, which is pretty incredible really. However, I'd have happily given up a place or two for a visit to Wembley.
we're not having a better season than I expected - 14th is par - indeed we should be doing better as the leagues poor

And I didn't expect cup defeats to lower league opposition in all 3 cups (but with our mindset, maybe I should have)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2015, 02:46:23 PM »

Can't really work myself up to angry, I sort of expected it.
It was pointed out in the first half that they were just an inferior version of us and so we were on top, but after half time they quickened it up and put their foot in and we couldn't handle it. Again.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2015, 02:53:34 PM »

So let me get this right, this season we have won three FA Cup and Trophy games and lost two, so our tactics in cup games are all wrong.

Well it's pretty hard to lose more than two...  ::)

Which is the point I was making.

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 03:05:11 PM »

We played terribly but its not because of some mythical inferiority complex in cup games.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2015, 03:40:53 PM »

Well it's pretty hard to lose more than two...  ::)

Which is the point I was making.

Well, thanks for that stunning insight.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »

Personally this season has surpassed my expectations so far but that is football it's all about opinions
ParkINson's red and white army

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 05:53:24 PM »

I had a decent chat with a ling term Bath fan after the game (he went to the match vs Stafford the only time they have got to the Trophy Quarter Finals 30 years ago for example).

He said that their performance yesterday was "easily their best of the season" and that we were much better than Bristol Rovers.

My view is that Bath were better than Kidderminster - they attacked intelligently, working the ball wide and not just hoofing long balls.  They also defended stoutly in the last 10 minutes.

And also we were below par (marginally) compared to Eastleigh or Kidderminster - but having won those games "undeservedly" maybe this was simply the counter example - the "better" team not winning.

This was certainly not a repeat of Blyth!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not even worth getting cross anymore