PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not even worth getting cross anymore
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Not even worth getting cross anymore  (Read 20469 times)

Jimmy

Re: Not even worth getting cross anymore
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 05:57:45 PM »

We played terribly but its not because of some mythical inferiority complex in cup games.
How many times must we get beat by lower sides before you believe it's an inferiority complex

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 06:01:23 PM »

So let me get this right, this season we have won three FA Cup and Trophy games and lost two, so our tactics in cup games are all wrong.

Well it's pretty hard to lose more than two...  ::)

Which is the point I was making.

Well, thanks for that stunning insight.

Very clever.

Jimmy

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »

I had a decent chat with a ling term Bath fan after the game (he went to the match vs Stafford the only time they have got to the Trophy Quarter Finals 30 years ago for example).

He said that their performance yesterday was "easily their best of the season" and that we were much better than Bristol Rovers.

My view is that Bath were better than Kidderminster - they attacked intelligently, working the ball wide and not just hoofing long balls.  They also defended stoutly in the last 10 minutes.

And also we were below par (marginally) compared to Eastleigh or Kidderminster - but having won those games "undeservedly" maybe this was simply the counter example - the "better" team not winning.

This was certainly not a repeat of Blyth!
Bath didn't play better than kiddy however the better team did win yesterday eastleigh and kiddy completely different games one of them Stuart didn't have a save to make the other he has his best game in 5 years apart from that your post is ok

GB Alty

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2015, 06:34:47 PM »

Seems to be to much accepting and excusing on this forum

Even justifying

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2015, 07:17:15 PM »

On the eve of the 2014/15 season, Lee Sinnott commented:

“The aim was a 19-man group with a nice average age about them and that is what we have achieved.”

Mike Williams retires owing to injury: 18.

Greg Wilkinson is loaned out to Stockport County: 17.

There are no new recruits/replacements.

Before yesterday's game at Bath City:

Sean Williams is suspended: 16.

Peter Cavanagh is injured: 15.

So, for yesterday's important FA Trophy tie, the management team had a meagre total of 15 players to select from, two of whom are goalkeepers and another, Gillespie, whose contribution this season has, alas, been utterly negligible.

I do fear that our 'squad' is looking a trifle threadbare.....and we still face a few tricky assignments yet before we can all rest easy.

God help us if Reeves were to get injured.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:19:05 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2015, 07:25:37 PM »

“The aim was a 19-man group with a nice average age about them and that is what we have achieved.”

So, for yesterday's important FA Trophy tie, the management team had a meagre total of 15 players to select from, two of whom are goalkeepers and another, Gillespie, whose contribution this season has, alas, been utterly negligible.

I do fear that our 'squad' is looking a trifle threadbare.....and we still face a few tricky assignments yet before we can all rest easy.

The two reserve strikers really are a desperate pair. Gillespie will surely never score again, and Kyle has scored 7 goals in his last 104 Conference Premier appearances. Four of those have been scored against Telford.

Jimmy

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2015, 10:24:41 PM »

Just had a look on there forum and they moaned about not mixing yet non of them came on here advising us best pubs and meet for a pint I wouldev done it gladly like I have at York exeter and say Woking at home with fans who actually are prepared to have a pint and a chat with you

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2015, 04:40:53 PM »

I read some of their forum and thats rubbish about us not mixing ,Rick from Cornwall his mate and myself all stood in with the Bath fans first half,behind the goal,i was chatting with a bath fan and then after the game again to 3 or 4 of their fans i also wished em well in the trophy,so dont know where that came from.I enjoyed my day out to bath even though we lost.Everyone made the day for me from the moment i got on the train At Bristol Templemeads to the 2 bath/bristol rover fans who i chatted with on the bus and had a pint with before the game in the club house.Then the bath fan who told me how to get to the ground from the chippy.No it was a good day,it would have been a great day if we had won,but thats life.
Harold

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2015, 04:41:11 PM »

The two reserve strikers really are a desperate pair. Gillespie will surely never score again, and Kyle has scored 7 goals in his last 104 Conference Premier appearances. Four of those have been scored against Telford.

As yet, bizarrely, neither Perry nor Gillespie has scored a goal at the J Davidson Stadium this season.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 05:35:24 PM »

I read some of their forum and thats rubbish about us not mixing ,Rick from Cornwall his mate and myself all stood in with the Bath fans first half,behind the goal,i was chatting with a bath fan and then after the game again to 3 or 4 of their fans i also wished em well in the trophy,so dont know where that came from.I enjoyed my day out to bath even though we lost.Everyone made the day for me from the moment i got on the train At Bristol Templemeads to the 2 bath/bristol rover fans who i chatted with on the bus and had a pint with before the game in the club house.Then the bath fan who told me how to get to the ground from the chippy.No it was a good day,it would have been a great day if we had won,but thats life.
Why would you stand with the Bath fans?
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2015, 05:38:45 PM »

main reason being i was on crutches and could not be bothered to walk around to the other end(had my knee replaced)
Harold

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2015, 05:47:55 PM »

Fair play, Twerton Park is a bit like Moss Lane in terms of lumps and bumps on the terracing so don't blame you.
At least you don't now need to walk up that hill at Dover in the next round !
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jimmy

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »

As yet, bizarrely, neither Perry nor Gillespie has scored a goal at the J Davidson Stadium this season.

I
I don't find that fact bizarre

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »

I
I don't find that fact bizarre

I agree that it's hardly surprising on the evidence of their respective playing abilities, however, it still represents some sort of bizarre achievement for us to have somehow managed to end up with two forwards who have yet to score a goal on home turf to date this season.  

Gillespie fluffed his big moment against Alfreton Town.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Not even worth getting cross anymore