News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Photos of Bath City vs Altrincham

Author Topic: Photos of Bath City vs Altrincham  (Read 2419 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Photos of Bath City vs Altrincham
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 03:21:15 PM »

The large one towards the bottom left summed up their tackling style all afternoon and the ref was quite happy to let them slide in from all angles - still fuming at his decision to award the free kick they scored from after having played the advantage.  I don't mind if they make mistakes or don't see things but they should know the laws of the game!

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »

The large one towards the bottom left summed up their tackling style all afternoon and the ref was quite happy to let them slide in from all angles - still fuming at his decision to award the free kick they scored from after having played the advantage.  I don't mind if they make mistakes or don't see things but they should know the laws of the game!
Seems like you're saying that the ref can't give a free kick once they have played advantage? Suggest you take a quick look at the laws in that case!
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 05:53:47 PM »

I thought it was only rugby where the ref can signal play on and then later give a free kick for the same offence if the offended team don't get a good outcome from the advantage- if there had been a second foul then fair enough but to give a team two bites at the cherry isn't something you normally see - I must admit I'd assumed it wasn't allowed otherwise why don't you see it all the time?

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 06:16:04 PM »

I thought it was only rugby where the ref can signal play on and then later give a free kick for the same offence if the offended team don't get a good outcome from the advantage- if there had been a second foul then fair enough but to give a team two bites at the cherry isn't something you normally see - I must admit I'd assumed it wasn't allowed otherwise why don't you see it all the time?
Actually there was a second foul - for which Moult was booked - and the ref went back to the place of the first offence for the free-kick, which seems fair enough to me.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 06:28:21 PM »

If he'd given a free kick when densmore I think it was, was shoved off the ball, they wouldnt have won a free kick. He wasn't the reason we lost the game as he made terrible decisions all afternoon, both sides should have had at least a penalty each. I'm still bloody livid, we should have had enough to win that game. We need an injection of pace, I'd start building for next season

Bath Alty

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 06:57:44 PM »

Actually there was a second foul - for which Moult was booked - and the ref went back to the place of the first offence for the free-kick, which seems fair enough to me.
If he gave the second foul then surely you give the freekick from the spot where the second offence occurred?  I assumed Moult booking was dissent for pointing out he'd played advantage and shouldn't go back to the first offence, in a way the ref didn't appreciate.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Photos of Bath City vs Altrincham