PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gamble
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Gamble  (Read 10790 times)

Jimmy

Gamble
« on: January 25, 2015, 07:15:15 PM »

Couple of seasons back we were going nowhere fast then the loan signing of Danny boshell probably got us in the playoffs who knows 5 points of the playoffs we could take a gamble on a decent player it may sneak us in playoffs

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gamble
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 07:51:00 PM »

Agreed , a forward with a bit of pace could really help , doesnt have to be an out and out goalscorer .

eightiesrobin

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 07:54:57 PM »

Couple of seasons back we were going nowhere fast then the loan signing of Danny boshell probably got us in the playoffs who knows 5 points of the playoffs we could take a gamble on a decent player it may sneak us in playoffs

Anyone in mind? Serious question.

Alty_22

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 09:14:51 PM »

Anyone in mind? Serious question.
Chris senior

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 12:04:46 PM »

Agreed , a forward with a bit of pace could really help , doesnt have to be an out and out goalscorer .

George Donnelly is transfer-listed at Tranmere, an ex-Macc lad, they could realistically let us have him for a bit

What he doesn't give you in goals (he's not a natural finisher by any means) he gives you in effort, runs every channel ball, always gives 110% and could be the perfect foil for Damian.

Along with Cav, he was an integral part of the Rochdale side that went up last season

I think he's a very 'Alty' type of player, might be worth an enquiry for a month and see how he gets on

Jenga

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:13:43 PM »

I think we should start a bring back wally campaign.

With him this season we would already be in the play offs.

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 01:28:26 PM »

Whatever the reasons behind his decision to move, he's gone and unless he had had a sudden change of heart he won't be back.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:49 PM »

On a serious note, it would have been better value for money if we'd persuaded him to stay and only play in home games. He'd still have scored 10-15 goals.
Come on Alty!

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:42 PM »

Even if we snuck into the play offs, would we even be allowed to compete? Surely we've missed the promotion application required. (sorry if this has already been discussed elsewhere.)
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »

its a gamble worth taking i think - lets see if there is anyone could out there that could make the difference
Come on you red and white........

brian1925

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 01:50:35 PM »

Totally agree with bringing in an extra forward with a bit of pace. Both Ryan and Nicky looked a bit heavy-legged and pedestrian on Saturday. But surely our ability to do so would depend on Steven Gillespie leaving the club. George Donnelly is a very good call though.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »

On a serious note, it would have been better value for money if we'd persuaded him to stay and only play in home games. He'd still have scored 10-15 goals.

Looking at the Harrogate forum, it seems Wally has been benchwarming for the past few games.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »

Totally agree with bringing in an extra forward with a bit of pace. Both Ryan and Nicky looked a bit heavy-legged and pedestrian on Saturday. But surely our ability to do so would depend on Steven Gillespie leaving the club. George Donnelly is a very good call though.

Gillespie looked so weak on Saturday. As soon as a defender put any physical pressure on him he lost the ball.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 02:49:03 PM »

Gillespie looked so weak on Saturday. As soon as a defender put any physical pressure on him he lost the ball.

For a bloke who, on paper at least, had a fairly decent track record in the FL before we got him, he has been an utter disgrace this season. I mean the Michael Twiss comparisons are spot on in every way. The low point for me so far was letting him take that late pen against Alfreton when I just knew he would miss it. I fear it'll be May before we can wash our hands of him.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 03:06:41 PM »

Who passed him the ball?
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gamble