PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Plea to the players of Altrincham FC
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Plea to the players of Altrincham FC  (Read 5011 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Plea to the players of Altrincham FC
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 08:30:57 PM »

Alty Si,

I'm sorry to repeat this post from a previous thread and I know that this will get me Peaked to death but can I ask for a bit of a reality check here please?

Actually no, I'm not sorry at all. It's about time the blinkers came off and people woke up and smelt the coffee. We are in the $h!te end of and I think that telling people how they should conduct themselves and what to think is disrespectful at least and quite possibly offensive.

You are an adult, so am I and so is VoD. We are all entirely capable of independent thought and live in a democracy. Last time I checked that meant that we were allowed to express an opinion.

Nobody, so far as I can see has told you that you have to do or think anything tomorrow so please extend the same courtesy to others.

Somebody holding a different opinion to you is not necessarily wrong.

We are in a position which no amount of burying of heads in the sand will alter.

Nobody so far as I can see has posted to say that they want us to go down in fact the majority of posts are the precise opposite.

If any player is upset by some of the 'negativity' posted on here then they really shouldn't be playing at this level and if the Club is 'destabilised' then it doesn't belong at the top of Non-League Football. Despite many of us bleeding red and white stripy blood and seeing the world through lenses of the same design Altrincham is not perfect nor faultless and it is unrealistic to pretend that it is and, although highly laudible as a concept, it would be a grave error to subdue opinion just because it wasn't positive.

People care deeply about Alty, that's why they poke their heads above the parapet to be shot at by posting on here.

If we don't get the end result we want (staying up) then there will need to be changes made and it is a sign of how healthy the club is that this can be discussed on here without dissenting posts being deleted because they don't toe the party line.

The world is a hard place and Football gets more stressful and unpleasant for the general supporter the higher you get purely because there is more to lose.

Let's please continue to discuss these issues  honestly with positive and negative viewpoints being expressed without fear of ridicule or repercussion.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 09:04:12 PM »

Being fair, you're saying that we are all allowed to express an opinion but then you criticise somebody (in this case AltySi) for expressing his?

To be honest, isn't somebody as entitled to criticise VoD's view as VoD is to hold it?  Why shouldn't someone criticise what VoD wrote (and VoD is entitled to write it BTW)?    There's no "party line" in my book, no "thought police" (as is sometimes quoted on this forum) b*llocks either.

If it isn't libellous or in bad taste, I see no harm with what is written on here.  If somebody is criticised there usually is a reason for it.  If AltySi doesn't like what VoD wrote then let him say so, and then VoD has the chance to reply, and so on and so on. 

This is going nowhere. Come on Alty!

Alty Si,

I'm sorry to repeat this post from a previous thread and I know that this will get me Peaked to death but can I ask for a bit of a reality check here please?

Actually no, I'm not sorry at all. It's about time the blinkers came off and people woke up and smelt the coffee. We are in the $h!te end of and I think that telling people how they should conduct themselves and what to think is disrespectful at least and quite possibly offensive.

You are an adult, so am I and so is VoD. We are all entirely capable of independent thought and live in a democracy. Last time I checked that meant that we were allowed to express an opinion.

Nobody, so far as I can see has told you that you have to do or think anything tomorrow so please extend the same courtesy to others.

We are in a position which no amount of burying of heads in the sand will alter.

Nobody so far as I can see has posted to say that they want us to go down in fact the majority of posts are the precise opposite.

If any player is upset by some of the 'negativity' posted on here then they really shouldn't be playing at this level and if the Club is 'destabilised' then it doesn't belong at the top of Non-League Football. Despite many of us bleeding red and white stripy blood and seeing the world through lenses of the same design Altrincham is not perfect nor faultless and it is unrealistic to pretend that it is and, although highly laudible as a concept, it would be a grave error to subdue opinion just because it wasn't positive.

People care deeply about Alty, that's why they poke their heads above the parapet to be shot at by posting on here.

If we don't get the end result we want (staying up) then there will need to be changes made and it is a sign of how healthy the club is that this can be discussed on here without dissenting posts being deleted because they don't toe the party line.

The world is a hard place and Football gets more stressful and unpleasant for the general supporter the higher you get purely because there is more to lose.

Let's please continue to discuss these issues  honestly with positive and negative viewpoints being expressed without fear of ridicule or repercussion.
There's no right, no wrong,

AltySi

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 10:38:12 PM »

Alty Si,

Totally missed the point, I am not saying that people cant't have opinions, just that now is not the time to start voiceing them, we need to pull together whatever you might think of X, Y or Z. Tomorrow is massive, there is no need to start making unsettling comments, and starting disagreements between supporters, which is exactly what has happened here now - so well done. Lets put our feelings to one side and roar the lads on to survival tomorrow !!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 12:12:49 AM »

Being fair, you're saying that we are all allowed to express an opinion but then you criticise somebody (in this case AltySi) for expressing his?

To be honest, isn't somebody as entitled to criticise VoD's view as VoD is to hold it?  Why shouldn't someone criticise what VoD wrote (and VoD is entitled to write it BTW)?    There's no "party line" in my book, no "thought police" (as is sometimes quoted on this forum) b*llocks either.

If it isn't libellous or in bad taste, I see no harm with what is written on here.  If somebody is criticised there usually is a reason for it.  If AltySi doesn't like what VoD wrote then let him say so, and then VoD has the chance to reply, and so on and so on. 

This is going nowhere. Come on Alty!

As AltySi quite correctly says and should be commended for it the most important thing is that we win tomorrow and that the support is excellent.

I wasn't criticising AltySi per se, just what seems to be (to some of my work colleagues who have read the forum over my shoulder during  the past few days)  a belief that if we all shout nice and loud then we'll win and that if anyone does, says or posts anything less that 1000% supportive we're stuffed.

Sorry, been here too many times over that past thirty odd years not to recognise the neccessity for a spoonful of realism , must be getting old and cranky

Alty Si,

There's no right, no wrong,

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2007, 12:56:56 AM »

ATS,

Here's a slice of realism for you.....you are not getting old, you have already got there!!

At least we have a bakewell tart to look forward to at half-time tomorrow...

Since when was dissent unpatriotic?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2007, 07:30:20 AM »

I ALWAYS cheer the team on.Its the manager I can't stand.

Surely the manager is part of the team?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Plea to the players of Altrincham FC