PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macc board
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Macc board  (Read 8000 times)

catherinestreet

Re: Macc board
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 10:40:13 PM »

I'm suggesting, entirely reasonably I think, that if your club is almost literally in the shadow of perhaps the biggest club in the world it will inevitably have an effect

I totally agree.

But you cannot then ignore the same effect on a club merely minutes further away. It would be rank hypocrisy.

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2015, 10:52:23 PM »

You are as far away as Blackburn or Burnley

catherinestreet

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2015, 10:58:16 PM »

You are as far away as Blackburn or Burnley

I think you'll find it takes a lot longer than twenty two minutes to get to Manchester from Blackburn or Burnley.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:10 PM »

It's only the rest of the football family

http://www.espnfc.com/story/352702/silkmen-pay-heavy-price-for-stand-fraud

And the many creditors left unpaid 

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/37-As-good-as-it-got/9945-as-good-as-it-got

That have been hard done to.....
Catapulted into the football league on dubious money, and stayed in it on dubious money. You're no big club, and it's no fairytale, you're just filed in the same bracket as accrington stanley, a northern premier league club that's pulled a fast one.

Good article there, with the obvious journalistic highlight being "Then Macclesfield mascot Roary the Lion was ejected at the interval after allegedly inciting Lincoln fans by making an obscene gesture with his tail." ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »

There's no romance to the Macclesfield Town experiment.

140 years, 125 of which at essentially the same level as us (or often much lower, most of our fans of a certain vintage weren't even aware Macc existed in the 70s and 80s) and a short interregnum in the FL, which was 2 initial years of glory and about 12 years of desperately trying to avoid being slightly less crap than two other clubs. And being looked down upon by virtually every other side in the FL.

The grant fiddling, the begging buckets, the sh*t or bust season under Steve King when they came back down and their fans all FURIOUSLY taking their turns on the Macc dial up to post on their weird little forum about how 15 years in the FL has garnered them about 300 more fans than us and a ground that essentially if you put seats on our pop side is identical to Moss Lane.

My abiding memory of this seasons 3 clashes will remain James Lawrie's 35 yarder sailing over that simpletons head and then two of Macc's EDL top boys who couldn't handle their ale stumbling down the touch line before the stewards sorted them out. A true class Macc act.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2015, 10:35:50 AM »

To be honest the most disappointing thing about the match was the number of absolute losers they seem to have following them. Obviously not all of them etc etc but more than I have seen for a long time especially if you discount big ex league clubs (of which they are not).

It was scary seeing them fall out of the pub near the ground at 7.30pm wearing jackets emblazoned with "Mutations Or Results Of Natural Selection (M.O.R.O.N.S  Macclesfield Branch)"

Silkyman23

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2015, 11:33:17 PM »

It's only the rest of the football family

http://www.espnfc.com/story/352702/silkmen-pay-heavy-price-for-stand-fraud

And the many creditors left unpaid 

http://www.wsc.co.uk/the-archive/37-As-good-as-it-got/9945-as-good-as-it-got

That have been hard done to.....
Catapulted into the football league on dubious money, and stayed in it on dubious money. You're no big club, and it's no fairytale, you're just filed in the same bracket as accrington stanley, a northern premier league club that's pulled a fast one.

Please show me when Macc have ever been in administration.

And why are Alty complaining about other clubs financial problems. It's kept you in the conference a fair few times.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Macc board