PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After our dreadful treatment at barnet
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: After our dreadful treatment at barnet  (Read 18250 times)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: After our dreadful treatment at barnet
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 08:05:54 PM »

Two wrongs dont make a right, so it would not be appropriate to treat Barnet fans as badly as we were treated at their dull metal structure. However I hope we put them all in the away end behind the goal on Saturday and it is a pity we cant charge the same prices for entry and everything else that they ripped us off for.
I also have a gut feeling that Barnet wont go up.

ob1

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »

Fair play to the Grimsby fans, travelling in numbers and having a great time, looks like a right laugh!

And on the Grimsby forum there are several messages praising the Barnet stewards for their handling of what was a very difficult afternoon for them.
ob1, don't suppose you're a Barnet fan by any chance?

Yes I am.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 08:31:15 PM »

They took 105 fans to Wrexham so not a big following
@AltyDaz

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 08:49:51 PM »

Was that Saturday or midweek

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 09:28:05 PM »

Saturday 14 Feb
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 10:19:23 PM »

The fact that Barnet treated our fans poorly should have absolutely no bearing on how we treat theirs

I'm not suggesting that we put out deckchairs and bunting, nor turn over the Golf Road end to them merely that we treat them as we treat every other teams fans, on their merits on the day, with respect and as we would wish to be treated

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 10:35:25 PM »

I don't think they should be treated poorly, just put in the away end as per. Just no extra niceties or ooh it might rain so come and stand in the home end. We let ourselves down very badly against FGR, they shouldn't have had freedom to roam around after shoving our supporters in the worst seats in the house at the new lawn and trying to have us thrown out of the conference. It's a football match, not a tea dance, people say that atmospheres sh*t, it's because we are too busy Making sure 50 people who come once a year are comfortable.. If I had my way Id be charging reciprocal prices also.

Alex

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 11:23:52 PM »

Agree with keeping away fans on the chequers, but not just Barnet ALL away fans.

My reasoning is simple if not slightly selfish, the atmosphere at home games definitely drops off when we are not attacking the golf road as people go and stand on the chequers instead of being grouped on the pop side where a better atmosphere can be created.

Have a listen for yourselves next time we have no segregation, then think back to the last time we were in this league and almost every game was segregated regardless of how many showed up from the opposition to when we would have an equally good atmosphere on the pop side as well as the golf road especially in night games.

taxi Phil

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 11:40:40 PM »

We should make their directors stand on the Chequers End as well.......and perform a rain dance around half two  :D

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2015, 12:04:00 AM »

Agree with keeping away fans on the chequers, but not just Barnet ALL away fans.

My reasoning is simple if not slightly selfish, the atmosphere at home games definitely drops off when we are not attacking the golf road as people go and stand on the chequers instead of being grouped on the pop side where a better atmosphere can be created.

Have a listen for yourselves next time we have no segregation, then think back to the last time we were in this league and almost every game was segregated regardless of how many showed up from the opposition to when we would have an equally good atmosphere on the pop side as well as the golf road especially in night games.

Every game should be segregated, agree. Atmosphere is killed otherwise and away fans are given the means to be much more vocal when they get a roof.

Look at Bristol rovers. We were tucked away in an open terrace in the corner, out of sight and out of mind and I can't blame them at all for it either. If it reduces the impact on the match in any way possible then it should be done.

I think that Supporters do have an impact on games, especially late on when a goal is required. For instance I've heard a number of our players describe the support of the fans late on in the play off semi against hednesford last year as a contributing factor to get them over the line however small it may have been.

So any small advantage we can gain at home should be taken I think.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2015, 12:16:51 AM »

In over 20 years of regularly watching Alty away, the 'welcome' afforded to us by the stewards, bar staff and Police at Barnet was right up there with my worst experiences as an away day.

Not that I'll be there on Saturday but fully agree that they should not be allowed to set foot in our bar (but if they are, wait until they've all ordered a pint and give them 5 mins to drink it before ejecting them whilst all the while being stared at by stewards) and if we could get some incredibly officious GMP officers down to harass and search anyone paying into the away turnstiles then that would be lovely as well. Oh and then falsely accuse people of taking Class A drugs in the toilets and offer no apologies afterwards that would be another thing we could do. I'm sure there's others I've forgotten but even for the fact we may aid Macc's automatic bid I hope we absolutely smash Barnet into 2016.

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 02:09:44 AM »

Barnet Football Club treated our away fans poorly, not Barnet Football Club's fans.

Jezza

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 05:43:29 AM »

Agree its not the fans fault .....maybe our chairman can go into ian paisley mode with their directors  ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 08:26:17 AM »

The fact that Barnet treated our fans poorly should have absolutely no bearing on how we treat theirs

I'm not suggesting that we put out deckchairs and bunting, nor turn over the Golf Road end to them merely that we treat them as we treat every other teams fans, on their merits on the day, with respect and as we would wish to be treated

Phil. They only get deckchairs when they play Bournemouth or Blackpool  ;)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 08:28:30 AM »

I don't think they should be treated poorly, just put in the away end as per. Just no extra niceties or ooh it might rain so come and stand in the home end. We let ourselves down very badly against FGR, they shouldn't have had freedom to roam around after shoving our supporters in the worst seats in the house at the new lawn and trying to have us thrown out of the conference. It's a football match, not a tea dance, people say that atmospheres sh*t, it's because we are too busy Making sure 50 people who come once a year are comfortable.. If I had my way Id be charging reciprocal prices also.

Good post
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After our dreadful treatment at barnet