PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After our dreadful treatment at barnet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: After our dreadful treatment at barnet  (Read 18279 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: After our dreadful treatment at barnet
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 08:40:24 AM »

They get the usual Alty welcome, simple as that. We don't lower ourselves to other people's levels, we'll leave them to do that.

Just make sure their directors wear ties!  ;)

ob1

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 03:10:37 PM »

Fair play to the Grimsby fans, travelling in numbers and having a great time, looks like a right laugh!

And on the Grimsby forum there are several messages praising the Barnet stewards for their handling of what was a very difficult afternoon for them.
ob1, don't suppose you're a Barnet fan by any chance?

Yes I am.

And I am really looking forward to some good northern hospitality this weekend.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »

In over 20 years of regularly watching Alty away, the 'welcome' afforded to us by the stewards, bar staff and Police at Barnet was right up there with my worst experiences as an away day.

Not that I'll be there on Saturday but fully agree that they should not be allowed to set foot in our bar (but if they are, wait until they've all ordered a pint and give them 5 mins to drink it before ejecting them whilst all the while being stared at by stewards) and if we could get some incredibly officious GMP officers down to harass and search anyone paying into the away turnstiles then that would be lovely as well. Oh and then falsely accuse people of taking Class A drugs in the toilets and offer no apologies afterwards that would be another thing we could do. I'm sure there's others I've forgotten but even for the fact we may aid Macc's automatic bid I hope we absolutely smash Barnet into 2016.

Just out of curiosity, did you submit a letter of complaint to Barnet FC regarding their abysmal 'hospitality'?

The Barnet Chairman does sound like a tinpot dictator who ostracises/bans anyone who even dares to criticise him, so it would be fascinating to read the Barnet Board of Directors' justification for the treatment that the Alty supporters received. 

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 05:44:41 PM »

In over 20 years of regularly watching Alty away, the 'welcome' afforded to us by the stewards, bar staff and Police at Barnet was right up there with my worst experiences as an away day.

Not that I'll be there on Saturday but fully agree that they should not be allowed to set foot in our bar (but if they are, wait until they've all ordered a pint and give them 5 mins to drink it before ejecting them whilst all the while being stared at by stewards) and if we could get some incredibly officious GMP officers down to harass and search anyone paying into the away turnstiles then that would be lovely as well. Oh and then falsely accuse people of taking Class A drugs in the toilets and offer no apologies afterwards that would be another thing we could do. I'm sure there's others I've forgotten but even for the fact we may aid Macc's automatic bid I hope we absolutely smash Barnet into 2016.

Just out of curiosity, did you submit a letter of complaint to Barnet FC regarding their abysmal 'hospitality'?

The Barnet Chairman does sound like a tinpot dictator who ostracises/bans anyone who even dares to criticise him, so it would be fascinating to read the Barnet Board of Directors' justification for the treatment that the Alty supporters received.  

Unfortunately due to the behaviour of Barnet FC we have two supporters with Met Police actions hanging over their heads until a period of time later in the year.

Once this period has expired then the individuals concerned can decide how and if to take any actions.

So from my point of view when people say it's not about tit for tat, it is VERY tempting to treat them as they treated us. It may be the only way to highlight what seems to be a major problem at a member of this league.

For those of you not there I considered it a very major incident, one I have not seen the likes of in over 150 football grounds I have visited.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 07:14:22 PM by RockyRobin »
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

taxi Phil

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 08:38:09 PM »

Of course, the correct action is to take three points off them. They're not as good as when they battered us at their place (I only saw the highlights, but that was enough !)

Sod their fans or directors.....let's get well and truly behind the lads on Saturday and motivate them to do the business.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2015, 05:00:27 AM »

After the way we were treated at Aldershot, having been ejected from the family stand with my 2 small kids for wearing an Alty badge, my host who attends most Shots games wrote a letter of complaint and Aldershot FC did not even give an acknowledgement.
Barnet FC are not going to admit they were in the wrong, as if it is not their fault how contracted stewards behave, and they wont even care. We don't have to get in an argument about this with Barnet FC, just stick ALL their fans in the away end and don't give them access to the bar or seating area.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2015, 07:25:59 AM »

For any safety officers and chief stewards reading this if it rains the Barnet fans MUST NOT be allowed under cover.

brian1925

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2015, 07:56:45 AM »

As I posted at the time, I was put off travelling to Barnet by fans of other clubs. There is no need to treat Barnet fans badly on Saturday  - just don't go to their place again and I'm sure they'll get the message eventually.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 08:06:23 AM »

As league leaders they should be bringing enough support to make not coming on the pop side even a discussion. And they've been here before and know it's uncovered. Even the most naive Barnet fan will know Manchester in late February requires a big coat.

Alty_22

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 08:58:31 AM »

As league leaders they should be bringing enough support to make not coming on the pop side even a discussion. And they've been here before and know it's uncovered. Even the most naive Barnet fan will know Manchester in late February requires a big coat.

Barnet are not  top of the league anymore 

Hulme Robin

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 09:25:14 PM »

Keep them out of the pop side

Keep them out of the top spot

GB Alty

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 09:50:27 AM »

Arsed about Barnet fans

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 09:58:07 AM »

Arsed about people being arsed.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 10:23:22 AM »

Arsed about Barnet fans

We know, that's why you shrugged it off

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2015, 05:25:08 PM »

As I posted at the time, I was put off travelling to Barnet by fans of other clubs. There is no need to treat Barnet fans badly on Saturday  - just don't go to their place again and I'm sure they'll get the message eventually.
To not go their place because the police and stewards are not the best would be very odd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 After our dreadful treatment at barnet