News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thank you

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 4801 times)

andrewflynn

Thank you
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:04:37 PM »

...to the stewarding team / whoever made the final decision to allow the fans into final third of the Popular Side today. There was a fantastic atmosphere in the second half as a result. That's not just from a chants perspective, but there was also a lot of laughter and I'm sure I speak for everyone in there when I say that it made the match-day experience 10x better for all. It should never have been closed off in the first place in my opinion, but there we go. Nice one.

T.C

Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:14:25 PM »

and so say all of us

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 06:16:13 PM »

Totally agree, never should be shut off. If there is a larger away support then at least open half the terrace because it's always a better atmosphere second half and we can then get right behind the team. The boys ran there hearts out today, again Richman is not human and Moult covered ridiculous ground. Awful ref but I would go back to our 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 formation, that's however you look at it. Ref was one of the worst I've seen, the black defender comitted around 4 bookable offences and then the push on Richman for the pen was a defo yellow and if Dens took it then we may have been looking at 2-1 at halftime with ten on ten. I said they would sub him, ref gave them a get out of jail card! Awful

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 07:06:24 PM »

It's a decision that should have been made at 3pm. Another shambles related to the management of segregation in seemingly innocuous circumstances. They had around 160 on the away terrace, and that end holds around 1400 - there's really no need to consider large sterile areas to be necessary in such circumstances. As was pointed out to the stewarding team, losing the final third of the pop side in this way, plus losing a large chunk due to the TV gantry can't carry on - the club really need to do something about it I the summer.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 07:33:47 AM »

Best thing to do would be to Tape off a third of the chequers end like york etc do, when there's only a couple of hundred away fans, that way you have your sterile area but its on a sparsely populated terrace and home fans get to use the whole of the pop side

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »

It's a decision that should have been made at 3pm. Another shambles related to the management of segregation in seemingly innocuous circumstances. They had around 160 on the away terrace, and that end holds around 1400 - there's really no need to consider large sterile areas to be necessary in such circumstances. As was pointed out to the stewarding team, losing the final third of the pop side in this way, plus losing a large chunk due to the TV gantry can't carry on - the club really need to do something about it I the summer.

Totally agree that it needs sorting out and re evaluating in the summer. The middle section of the popular side should be one of the best and most modern parts of the ground. Instead, it looks like a cross between a building site and an army camp. Not fair on the regular home fans, both the view and atmosphere can be ultimately spoiled.

Hulme Robin

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 06:06:07 PM »

When playing at home we should squeeze every drop of blood out of the home advantage. That means ensuring the pop side is only used by home fans and not having a segregated area that can fit half of Hale in it. That corner near the goal should be sacrosanct for noisy Alty fans.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 06:26:01 PM »

" Best thing to do would be to Tape off a third of the chequers end like york etc do, when there's only a couple of hundred away fans, that way you have your sterile area but its on a sparsely populated terrace and home fans get to use the whole of the pop side"

Totally agree, I was thinking the same yesterday.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »

Its all good saying this and that but did you notice the club had to bring in paid stewards again from other clubs
due to the lack of Altrincham fc stewards maybe that had some bearing on it.
@AltyDaz

bighairedmike

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 11:09:17 PM »

Its all good saying this and that but did you notice the club had to bring in paid stewards again from other clubs

With all due respect Darren, that is not the fans concern. The club knows how many stewards it needs and is bringing them in. As a fan I couldn't care less whether they were from Mars as long as they do their job properly.

Maybe we need a change in stewarding policy if we don't have enough. I appreciate and applaud all of our volunteer stewards and I think they do a grand job, but the reality of it is that a lot of people don't want to give up almost a full day of their time along with the extra hassle of being responsible for hundreds of people without payment.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:11:42 PM by Warren Peyton'sEpicTattoo »

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 11:39:23 AM »

With all due respect Darren, that is not the fans concern. The club knows how many stewards it needs and is bringing them in. As a fan I couldn't care less whether they were from Mars as long as they do their job properly.

Maybe we need a change in stewarding policy if we don't have enough. I appreciate and applaud all of our volunteer stewards and I think they do a grand job, but the reality of it is that a lot of people don't want to give up almost a full day of their time along with the extra hassle of being responsible for hundreds of people without payment.

Bringing in extra stewards costs money, cash that then can't be spent on attracting players, so as a fan I do care where they come from.  Far rather have Alty stewards not only for cost reasons but also for operational ones - layout of the ground, experience etc.

Back to the core of this thread though - yes the whole pop side needs sorting - that far corner by the Chequesr end should be open to Alty fans by default.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »

In fairness though Darren the lack of volunteers isn't related to the point being made though is it?

Unless you're suggesting that we're cutting off the last third of the pop side because we don't feel we can steward it otherwise due lack of numbers.

I could understand that to an extent but if we have brought in paid stewards from other clubs then there is no reason why it needs to be sterile.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Thank you