PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Embarrassed
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Embarrassed  (Read 10556 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Embarrassed
« on: February 28, 2015, 08:18:34 PM »

Is how I feel tonight to be associated with Referees.

It won't last and I'll be back to normal shortly but I must say that Mr Coy was probably guilty of the worst performance I have witnessed from a Referee since the ill starred appearance of Mr Salisbury at our home League fixture against Hednesford last season.

Had he been about twenty times better he may have scaled the dizzy heights of inept but sadly he wasn't that competent.

We can accept anyone, player, referee, manager or ball boy having a bad day so long as they are bad both ways but sadly he wasn't.

He seemed to be intimidated by Barnet and their thoroughly unpleasant manager throughout the game and how both Ngala and Akinde stayed on the FoP is still perplexing me now.

I actually thought that we played very well indeed today against all the odds and possibly deserved to get something out of the game other than anger and frustration

brian1925

Re: Embarrassed
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 08:45:48 PM »

That was a brilliant post.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:08:48 PM »

Credit where its due - very good post.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »

Great post
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 09:28:59 PM »

The ref had been promoted beyond his capabilities.

And as for the linesman on the popular side, I've seen kids father's in under 11 matches give a better performance.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 07:22:26 AM »

I think you've got it bang on when you say he was intimidated Phil, barnet can just be filed under the same label as stevenage and several other south Eastern clubs, it's a win at all costs mentality and its not very nice on the eye or in the spirit of the game.that said stevenage are in the football league and barnet look to be heading back there, We do need to get cuter but we gave it a very good go and think had he sent the defender off for  his 4th yellow card offence for the penalty we may have taken something from the game. I hope there was an assesor in the stand if not we should send a copy of the dvd to the panel and argue a case to not him here again, he had a terrible game last time out moss lane also

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 05:37:49 PM »

An Alty fan, who will remain nameless until he or she wishes to speak up, said to the linesman in kiddies corner that he should be embarrassed by the referee. The linesman replied " I am". Enough said. This was not heard by my ears though.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 05:49:33 PM »

The referee and his assesor get a copy of the whole game given to them about 20 minutes after the fianl whistle.
@AltyDaz

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 06:27:20 PM »

An Alty fan, who will remain nameless until he or she wishes to speak up, said to the linesman in kiddies corner that he should be embarrassed by the referee. The linesman replied " I am". Enough said. This was not heard by my ears though.
the liner gave nothing either though

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 04:28:18 PM »

Just reading the Barnet forum.
They were surprised N'gala wasn't sent off!!!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 07:49:06 PM »

Endless bleating about the referee doesn't disguise the fact that when presented with opportunities to score goals from set pieces and the penalty spot Barnet did and Altrincham didn't.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 10:13:02 PM »

Endless bleating about the referee doesn't disguise the fact that when presented with opportunities to score goals from set pieces and the penalty spot Barnet did and Altrincham didn't.
2 different issues to be honest

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »

Firstly I wouldn't class this thread as "endless bleating" I posted initially because I was so disappointed with the Referee, probably from a more technical perspective than otherwise as he failed to do some of the things I would wish any of my trainees to do. I don't do "bleating" and tbh I don't see much of that particular activity on this thread. Most comments are constructively critical rather than being all out rants

Secondly I am sure that there is a more appropriate thread for your "observations" about the respective efficiencies of the two teams in terms of chance conversion

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 10:33:32 PM »

Not really. Maybe I could have put it one of the other threads where Altrincham fans are trying to deflect attention away from the inability of the team to deal with Barnet's footballing threat, but this one is as good as any.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 12:05:01 PM »

From his interview with John Edwards which appears on the club's website, it's refreshing to see that Lee Sinnott doesn't opt for the easy route of completely hiding behind the excuse of the referee's (undoubted) incompetence but rather lays the blame squarely on his players for the three goals that were conceded.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Embarrassed