PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Embarrassed
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Embarrassed  (Read 10559 times)

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Embarrassed
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 12:43:50 PM »

For me that's the way to do it. He cannot control the ref during the game, criticizing the ref afterwards will only mark him as a moaner. What he can do is highlight to the players where it went wrong, and hope a lesson is learnt. When you compare Lee with some of the other manager's he is careful what he says in public, what he says in private, who knows ?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »

For me that's the way to do it. He cannot control the ref during the game, criticizing the ref afterwards will only mark him as a moaner. What he can do is highlight to the players where it went wrong, and hope a lesson is learnt. When you compare Lee with some of the other manager's he is careful what he says in public, what he says in private, who knows ?
great post
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 08:54:24 PM »

I do wish folk would stop having a go at refs  ;D
Why not finish us off and have a go at Labour Phil?  ;D

I haven't been to many games this season and only watched the highlights on the excellent Alty TV and from what I can see on Saturday I can see why it was a pen and why he was sent off and that set the tone for a game that we maybe should have won and probably would have had we scored our pen.....at 2-1 down looking the team in control despite ten men we concede a soft 3rd...one of them games......we have often said we are too nice and need to box a bit cleverer as barnet clearly did with the ref but I am proud when we win it's by the rules (eddie hussin excepted)

but we have been victim to a few late disallowed goals recently all pointing to another conspiracy against Alty!!!

Going for a lie down now....

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 09:23:42 PM »

I do wish folk would stop having a go at refs  ;D
Why not finish us off and have a go at Labour Phil?  ;D

I haven't been to many games this season and only watched the highlights on the excellent Alty TV and from what I can see on Saturday I can see why it was a pen and why he was sent off and that set the tone for a game that we maybe should have won and probably would have had we scored our pen.....at 2-1 down looking the team in control despite ten men we concede a soft 3rd...one of them games......we have often said we are too nice and need to box a bit cleverer as barnet clearly did with the ref but I am proud when we win it's by the rules (eddie hussin excepted)

but we have been victim to a few late disallowed goals recently all pointing to another conspiracy against Alty!!!

Going for a lie down now....

Eddie got one in with an arm and I think one went out of play, rebounded back of the advertising hoardings for an Eddie tap-in...........both were scored against Droylsden and Alfreton and hence perfectly acceptable under the Laws of the Game.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2015, 10:01:57 PM »

I thought it was Gary Talbot that scored the in off the Nationwide ad goal. Fortunately Altreton won with a screamer so justice was done.

Eddie Hussin definitely scored the hand of Eddie goal though.

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2015, 10:12:27 PM »

No I think Eddie got them both

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2015, 10:42:29 PM »

The rebound off the adverts goal was definitely Talbs

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 12:48:55 AM »

Talbot had the initial shot but Hussin scored the goal off the hoardings: http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/041120an.htm
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

bighairedmike

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 01:46:28 AM »

Talbot had the initial shot but Hussin scored the goal off the hoardings: http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/041120an.htm

Exactly right. I was stood right behind the goal at the away end as it happened.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 09:01:18 AM »

So much for eye witness accounts. I was right behind the goal too but remembered the wrong scorer. The looks on the Alty players faces was a mixture of embarrassment and amusement.

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 01:06:12 AM »

I note from our main club site that Mr.Coy was in charge of Southport v Halifax on Tuesday, and that the game was "marred by inconsistent refereeing".

Consistent in his inconsistency it would appear......

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 12:09:01 PM »

I note from our main club site that Mr.Coy was in charge of Southport v Halifax on Tuesday, and that the game was "marred by inconsistent refereeing".

Consistent in his inconsistency it would appear......

...which makes a decision about his future easier to be make.

vic

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »

who won the game........
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Embarrassed