News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham.....A fantastic club

Author Topic: Altrincham.....A fantastic club  (Read 4008 times)

AFC HALIFAX 2006

« on: March 24, 2015, 09:39:39 AM »

http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=afchalifaxwalk&isTeam=true&un_jtt_redirect

Can I just what a fantastic club Altrincham are. As soon as we decided to do our walk to Altrincham they have been so helpfull and accomodating. We were met at Moss Lane at 8am be the Altrincham Chairman, Grahame Rowley who gave the lads free tea & coffee, we were then showed the away team dressing rooms where we had showers, the club chef then came into the dressing rooms with sausage and bacon butties, followed by the local press who did an interview and took some photos. The chairman was constantly checking everything was ok and we were being looked after. A credit to his club. Every member of staff including the stewards at the club seemed to put themselves out to speak to us. I am sure I speak for all the AFC lads that were there on Saturday morning in saying Thank you very much it was greatly appreciated.

Also a special mention to Jack and the supporters tram lads for their generous donation and the superb hospitality given to us. If you would like to help us by donating whatever you can our fundraising website can be foynd via the link above.

Thank you all very much and good luck for the rest of the season, and see yiu next season. (Unless we go up!)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham.....A fantastic club
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:20 PM »

The same Chairman was getting criticised a few weeks ago for not allowing inapropriately dressed club officials entry to the Boardroom........funny how different clubs see us
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 02:22:08 PM »

Should have said to AFC Halifax.......thanks for taking the time to post your thanks
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:10:31 PM »

The same Chairman was getting criticised a few weeks ago for not allowing inapropriately dressed club officials entry to the Boardroom........funny how different clubs see us
Very good point. Perhaps it says more about other clubs than us.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »

To be fair I don't think you have to wear anything to be allowed in the showers.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:49:18 PM »

To be fair I don't think you have to wear anything to be allowed in the showers.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Flip-flops maybe?

ShaymenofHalifax

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 10:42:37 PM »

I too have registered on here as I felt compelled to congratulate yourselves on the wonderful accommodation provided to us on saturday, Grahame Rowley and the chef who's name has unfortunately slipped my mind were both absolutely fantastic and couldn't have been more welcoming whilst everyone we came across at the club were extremely pleasant and a true credit to Altrincham Football Club and I have certainly come out of the experience with a very high opinion of the club.

All the best for the rest of the season

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 07:56:37 PM »

great comments much appreciated.

Grahame (ian paisley) Rowley must have been to charm school.

Good to see afc Halifax doing well  :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team