PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay away
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Torquay away  (Read 20020 times)

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Torquay away
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 04:16:59 PM »

From the Western Daily Mail

Torquay could have won 3 or 4 nil against an Altrincham team that offered nothing all day

Later on

Ex youth team keeper Bobby Babbacombe was deservedly named man of the match after a string of fine saves in the second half

Hmmm

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »

i live near exeter Jimmy so worked with quite a few exeter fans and they always called Torquay the yellow slime

Not really a general reflection is it?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 05:01:53 PM »

Would love to see a video of Reevs offside goal.
Just looked at the still on the main site!!!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 05:21:21 PM »

From the Western Daily Mail

Torquay could have won 3 or 4 nil against an Altrincham team that offered nothing all day

Later on

Ex youth team keeper Bobby Babbacombe was deservedly named man of the match after a string of fine saves in the second half

Hmmm

Bobby Babbacombe....sounds like a music hall turn, or someone out of The Only Way is Torquay

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »

their keeper is Daniel Lavercobe
Harold

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2015, 07:27:00 PM »

I personally though Lavercombe was a bit shaky and if Alty had managed more shots on goal rather than losing the ball all the time, they could have got a few in.

their keeper is Daniel Lavercobe
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:42:07 PM by ShropshireAlty »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2015, 08:08:13 PM »

they are a horrid club,no wonder they are called slime down here in Devon
Yesterday was my first visit to Torquay i have to say its a fantastic town centre and sea front, some amazing views and great pubs and bars with real ale etc
Very friendly out in the town and really welcoming . The food and hotel were great and very reasonable as well and going for the weekend was the right shout given the 4 hour drive there and the 5 hour return.

In terms of the hospitality at the ground well there was none, its an amazing ground and the location and view from the top is fantastic of the pitch and local hills etc

They were very flat (fans) and i would think that they must be running at a huge loss with 1400 there on a great day, rumours at the game of 5 players on 1k a week and lets be clear they were poor - we were just worse...

A mid table finsh for them must be a huge disapointment.

There must have been 15- 20 stewards and they were unfriendly

i understand rules are rules but i hate liars to be told that i was told on entry that i can not take pictures in the ground was a lie, i even gave my bag to be searched on entry without being asked for it and there was no issue on entry if there was they could have told me there

anyway the £25 huge prize draw did not go my way and i was gutted i was hoping to retire, but at least the benny hill music was funny

If progress in football means you have to treat fans that way i am not sure i want to progress

Yesterday reminded me again how much i love home games at Alty - a friendly family club
ParkINson's red and white army

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2015, 09:14:42 PM »

Also my first trip to Torquay and spent 4 days there making a short family holiday out of it. Also 4 1/2 hours drive each way plus stopping times.

Nice place, clean, friendly and we were very fortunate with the weather. I thought the TUFC staff were fine and the stewards were only doing their job.

Also nice bumping into several Alty fans from the 1970's who have lived in Torquay for years.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2015, 09:45:39 PM »

Defo agree about the weather ! Amazing

Few burnt heads and noses in our group
ParkINson's red and white army

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2015, 11:28:55 AM »

I see the official Torquay United video of the match highlights is up at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVwfROGBkU&spfreload=10 now.

Shame they missed out Reevesie's goal at the start of the match as I was hoping to see if it made any more sense to the linesman's offside flag. They also very left out the melee after their penalty.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2015, 06:40:03 PM »

I see the official Torquay United video of the match highlights is up at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDVwfROGBkU&spfreload=10 now.

Shame they missed out Reevesie's goal at the start of the match as I was hoping to see if it made any more sense to the linesman's offside flag. They also very left out the melee after their penalty.

I have said it before,
Let's see Reeves goal.
With them not showing it, I assume it was a goal.
The lad who scored the pen should have been sent off. It's not good enough to apologise after the incident.
The officials had a mare😡
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Torquay away