PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's debacle
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Today's debacle  (Read 13428 times)

Jimmy

Re: Today's debacle
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 10:09:14 AM »

Yes sinnott perry gillespie should go I do think wilkinson and Williams are fair players but Sinnott does not play them so they should go we also need a new keeper

eightiesrobin

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 10:13:36 AM »

Yes sinnott perry gillespie should go I do think wilkinson and Williams are fair players but Sinnott does not play them so they should go we also need a new keeper

I agree about the keeper. I'm not Coburn's biggest fan, but Parton is no better.

I have to disagree about Williams. He has regressed as the season has gone on, and not from particularly lofty heights either. I genuinely fear that Perry will stay, despite his obvious shortcomings.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:18:34 AM by eightiesrobin »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 10:24:47 AM »

Sinnott played more centrally yesterday , good free kick taker but is he any better than on the right? I reckon him and Perry will stay .

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 10:29:25 AM »

They will stay they shouldn't though

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 10:40:03 AM »

Agreed

GB Alty

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 10:49:41 AM »

« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 11:07:25 AM by Timperley The Best »

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 10:57:18 AM »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2015, 11:03:55 AM »

Williams was superb when he came on at Dartford, he really helped steady things up at a time when Dartford could have crept back into the game. Definitely worth keeping.
Come on Alty!

eightiesrobin

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2015, 11:09:34 AM »

Williams was superb when he came on at Dartford, he really helped steady things up at a time when Dartford could have crept back into the game. Definitely worth keeping.

I'll have to take your word for that as I wasn't there, but I see a headless chicken who misplaces an awful lot of passes. Yesterday was more of the same.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2015, 11:12:54 AM »

I'll have to take your word for that as I wasn't there, but I see a headless chicken who misplaces an awful lot of passes. Yesterday was more of the same.

Prefer him to sinnott ,we need a quality creative midfielder

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2015, 11:22:56 AM »

Telford 0 points
Nuneaton 0 points
Alfreton 1 point
Welling 3 points (0-4 at home).

Add to that Bath and Blyth.

Surely this proves that football is played as much in the brain as anything else - as yesterday obviously proved.

Of course the players do nor consciously approach such games differently, but there might be something in the way the players are mentally prepared that might make a difference next year, irrespective of who stays.

GB Alty

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2015, 12:01:25 PM »

Agreed
why will they stay?
Why do you think they will go?
no I think Sinnott jnr will stay because he the managers son - and Perry will stay because he the managers mate

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »

Seven points all season out of a possible 24 points against the bottom four sides, is something that cannot be allowed to happen next season; because if it does, it will probably mean relegation.

This season the team has played some terrific football and beaten some good sides, but unless the playing staff improve dramatically, history says that winning games next season against the same 'good' sides will be more difficult. I know I am stating the obvious here, but we will need to accumulate our 56 points next season by beating poor teams.

To be 'safe' with what will turn out something like 6 or 7 games remaining is a good achievement and has exceeded my expectations, so credit to all involved at the club. Like everyone else, I do think some tough decisions need to be made ahead of next season to improve the side.
I think next season will be tougher and any talk of play-off expectations should be put to one side, because I don't think the club has the budget at the moment to carry a squad size needed to push on at the time when tiredness, injuries and suspensions all seem to kick-in at about ten games to go, nor the budget to have a top quality bench of players who will change a game. However things are moving in the right direction and never say never
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 04:34:05 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »

i would keep perry,he works hard when his is on and his flick-ons do make a difference.As for sinnot a big no from me,if there is a 50/50 ball he will back out of it and he cannot keep the ball ,his heart doesnot seem to be in it.
Harold
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's debacle