PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's debacle
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Today's debacle  (Read 13476 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Today's debacle
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 03:47:25 PM »

Yesterday one big let down , end of season or not we still pay good money to watch , having said that the season overall  far better than expected , obviously we need to strengthen squad , midfield especially ,don't think  Sinnott jnr.  good enough Perry is mate of Masher so maybe if one leaves the other might to ,poor old Reeves alone up front to often ,Swift looked useful .

roytonmike

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 04:05:35 PM »

Yesterday showed how important Moult & Cavanagh are to the current midfield. Both should be available for selection next week so one would hope for a better overall performance. Williams runs around in circles for me & is nowhere near an adequate replacement for either.
Sadly, Parton gives me no feeling of confidence whatever, but if what we want is a reserve/understudy to Coburn we will get no-one any better. To attract a keeper of a proven, decent standard it has to be clear that at the very least the no.1 shirt is up for grabs.
I felt - and said - that we could well finish April with the same number of points as we finished March. Well, we did beat Southport - I wasn't there so I can't comment - so I was wrong, but not far wrong. We tend to do poorly in April in the Conference - a combination of a small, part-time squad running out of steam and sometimes a natural reaction to achieving safety with a number of games to go. Not enough in itself to get our collective knickers in a twist about, to be honest.

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 04:29:00 PM »

Add to that a team who know they have a gig next year so why bother giving 100%
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:36:33 AM by Jimmy »

Beaver

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 07:22:10 PM »

I dont want to lay blame at Jordan Sinnott's feet because he gets picked by someone else, albeit his dad, plays to the best of his ability and gives all he can. I just note that since he started starting games for us we have gone off form badly.

Have we upset the balance of the team?
Did we need him, maybe the players feel the same?
Is he bringing something we havent got? Set plays make up a tiny part of the 90 minutes and we were ok before.

I just don't get it. When someone came on here and said 'nepotism' he/she was greeted with a bit of a bashing. I cant help thinking if the same post was made now it would not be so controversial!!

GB Alty

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »

I dont want to lay blame at Jordan Sinnott's feet because he gets picked by someone else, albeit his dad, plays to the best of his ability and gives all he can. I just note that since he started starting games for us we have gone off form badly.

Have we upset the balance of the team?
Did we need him, maybe the players feel the same?
Is he bringing something we havent got? Set plays make up a tiny part of the 90 minutes and we were ok before.

I just don't get it. When someone came on here and said 'nepotism' he/she was greeted with a bit of a bashing. I cant help thinking if the same post was made now it would not be so controversial!!
excellent post

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 08:59:08 PM »

I think we have badly missed Shaun Densmore since he got injured as well. That's not anything against Scott Leather, but Shaun is a much better player going forward and when you lose someone that important it's going to knock the balance of the team big time.

It's not all about Jordan Sinnott, irrespective  of the validity of any criticism he receives.
Come on Alty!

Beaver

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »

It's not all about Jordan Sinnott, irrespective  of the validity of any criticism he receives.

That wasn't my point. I'm saying that things started to go wrong in terms of results when he started playing. It could be that it just so happens they changed the half time oranges on the same week, or changed how many star jumps they do in the warm up. Fact remains, thats when we started to stumble. It could also be because we've worked incredibly hard all season and with the main objective achieved so early just let our foot off the pedal.

Jimmy

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »

The run of form down to a small tired squad who are not putting in 100% because they have little to play for in a way it's good Sinnott jnr has had run of games it means Sinnott knows he isn't good enough unlike wilkinson who didn't get a chance

ROMEO48

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2015, 12:18:57 AM »

The run of form down to a small tired squad who are not putting in 100% because they have little to play for in a way it's good Sinnott jnr has had run of games it means Sinnott knows he isn't good enough unlike wilkinson who didn't get a chance

I know that, you know that....in Lee's case, see under "rose coloured glasses".

brian1925

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2015, 08:27:06 AM »

The largest contributors to our poor form have been (in this order);
1. The loss of Sean Densmore
2. The tiredness of a small squad of players who have run their hearts out this season
3. A bit of complacency at our early survival

I do not believe that Jordan Sinnott is to blame for our poor form at all. However, I also don't believe that he is good enough for a place in our squad at Alty and contrary to what some may feel, I don't think he'll be offered a contract next season either.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2015, 06:07:26 PM »

The largest contributors to our poor form have been (in this order);
1. The loss of Sean Densmore
2. The tiredness of a small squad of players who have run their hearts out this season
3. A bit of complacency at our early survival

I do not believe that Jordan Sinnott is to blame for our poor form at all. However, I also don't believe that he is good enough for a place in our squad at Alty and contrary to what some may feel, I don't think he'll be offered a contract next season either.

Agreed
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

GB Alty

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2015, 09:19:10 PM »

otherwise known as nepotism Romeo48?

ROMEO48

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2015, 09:50:22 PM »

otherwise known as nepotism Romeo48?
Yes
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Today's debacle