PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fc United
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fc United  (Read 6531 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Fc United
« on: May 16, 2015, 04:22:52 PM »

Does anyone know anyone from the altrincham area who watches fc united ? I notice they are testing their new ground in Moston today.I dont think  they have any affect on our potential support?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fc United
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 05:50:27 PM »

It's further away than Stockport county, droylsden etc it'll have no affect on us at all. There's been nonleague teams in and around Oldham for years, another one won't make a difference. They got 3,400 for the opening of the new stadium, every club has a new stadium bounce. They'll probably have a decent year in conf north but not go up. I'm looking forward to is improving in the coming season.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 08:44:55 PM »

I don't share your confidence that FCUM won't go up. I think they can only get better.

Here is the record of the past 5 winners of the Evostik premier and their finishing position in their first year in Conference North:

2010 Guiseley - 5th
2011 Halifax - 3rd and promoted
2012 Chester - 1st
2013 NFU - 2nd
2014 Chorley - 4th

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 12:48:04 AM »

I don't share your confidence that FCUM won't go up. I think they can only get better.

Here is the record of the past 5 winners of the Evostik premier and their finishing position in their first year in Conference North:

2010 Guiseley - 5th
2012 Chester - 1st
2013 NFU - 2nd
2014 Chorley - 4th

I don't know who you are, but if they get promoted I will buy you your tipple of choice five times. And hold me to that.

ripleym

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:58:15 AM »

2010 Guiseley - 5th
2012 Chester - 1st
2013 NFU - 2nd
2014 Chorley - 4th

I don't know who you are, but if they get promoted I will buy you your tipple of choice five times. And hold me to that.

Do you want to qualify that perhaps?!  If they get promoted *ever* or in their first season at this level? :-)

ROMEO48

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 08:15:58 AM »

Having watched the play off semi for that league between Curzon and Ashton United, they won't need to be particularly great to win promotion. The standard was pretty poor generally. Hope I'm wrong.....

joe

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:03:05 PM »

Having watched the play off semi for that league between Curzon and Ashton United, they won't need to be particularly great to win promotion. The standard was pretty poor generally. Hope I'm wrong.....

They've already won that league,they're in the Conference North now.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 02:14:26 PM »

2010 Guiseley - 5th
2012 Chester - 1st
2013 NFU - 2nd
2014 Chorley - 4th

Thread bookmarked.

ROMEO48

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 02:55:04 PM »

They've already won that league,they're in the Conference North now.

Which means I need to get my medication.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 03:05:35 PM »

They won't get promoted next season in the future they probably will but we won't lose any fans to them
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:25:13 PM by Jimmy »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 03:33:03 PM »

Sounds like there isnt anyone who knows anyone from the area who watches them
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 03:38:20 PM by Timperley The Best »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 05:14:57 PM »

Errm the people across the road from me (five minutes walk from The Stadium of J. Davidson) are disaffected Manchester United supporters who are season ticket holders at FCUM. So local to us, but haven't taken suport away from us as they have no interest in Altrincham FC anyway.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »

Oh dear....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 06:42:23 PM »

Looks a tidy ground with a lot of facilities for the local area. I think they needed over 3,000 in there today to perform safety checks before they start their season later this month. I don't think they'll average anywhere near to 3,400 in the Conference North, probably about 2,500 or so.

I think they'll comfortably finish in the top half.

thegazelle

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 05:30:21 PM »

I KNOW two railway drinkers who go and watch them home and away. both followed united until the breakaway so not taking support from us .
both have little knowledge of non league and are very blinkered in their views on non league footie
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fc United