PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC squad 2015/16
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Altrincham FC squad 2015/16  (Read 18907 times)

GB Alty

Re: Altrincham FC squad 2015/16
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 07:28:29 PM »

Not sure now about another forward, if you assume that reeves and rankine play or sometimes one or the other then the third striker will spend a considerable amount of time on the bench.  This being the case it would be best to go with an up and coming youngster who wants to take their chance when given

we need at least 3 decent forwards, that was the plan last season

Also if we want to push on we need to able to play a more expansive game when required

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 07:34:19 PM »

Another  striker is a must in my opinion,  three strikers if lawrie is classed as a striker isnt enough.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 08:21:39 PM »

If we go down that route then as well as our own youths, then have a look any young lads in the nwcl http://www.nwcfl.com/leading-goalscorers.php Evostick league strikers are usually established or well contracted, where's as the nwcl youngsters may be happy to be duel contracted or sit on the bench but get decent coaching
That Striker for Glossop looks a good prospect - Keiron something or other.  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 08:30:57 PM »

But essentially the main thing is, replacing Parton/Williams/Perry with Deasy/O'Keefe/Rankine is fine but Cavanagh (when fit) and Gillespie (should have been) first name on sheet players so their replacements have to be really good. Obviously not as simple as just popping out to the Cav/Gillespie shop but if they aren't then we are weakened. We did knock off a bit last year yes but we don't have 'that' much room for manoeuvre.

Great post, succinctly put. Agree 100%. I would say we still need midfield 'general' and another (possibly wide) striker. Also a predominantly left-sided defensive player would be a bonus.
I don't totally subscribe to the view that we 'clocked off' with half a dozen games to go. I prefer to think that the small squad was worn out by that time. This was exacerbated with the injury to Shaun (irreplaceable IMO) and the bookings/suspensions. A larger squad would go some way to addressing that - assuming that at least three more players came in and were starter material. We could also do with having the confidence to give at least two of the youngsters we pretended were in the squad last year some game time and blood them for when they might be needed. I would suggest a defender and a forward.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 09:48:52 PM »

a bit like the situation with coburn though last season, lee shows a lot of faith in players and many (marshall etc) have repaid this, signing and then sitting on the bench is no fun
Bernard Taylors barmy army

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 12:34:57 AM »

Need to sign Elliott Durell, I've already made a song up

Is that the one that goes "You're sh*t and you know you are" ?

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 07:03:52 AM »

Need to sign Elliott Durell, I've already made a song up

Is that the one that goes "You're sh*t and you know you are" ?
If that is the case and I don't believe it is we have players worse than sh*t

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »

Durrell would be a good signing. However, I can see Barrow offering him the chance to remain full time.

Will be interesting to see who else we are able to bring in.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 09:43:46 AM »

Barrow a long way from the midlands but I agree I dought he will come here anyway

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 10:14:07 AM »

Surely he'd go and live up there if he was full-time. Can't be worse living in Barrow than the midlands.

bumble

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »

Training in Lancaster daily so could move there.

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2015, 10:49:50 AM »

Correct. At the Uni i beleive.  They tried something similar years ago, training in North Manchester area, the difference this time is the cash they have.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 10:51:56 AM »

In the days of the training in Manchester I think it was because so many of the players and managemnt were Manchester/West Yorkshire based it minimised travelling

Jimmy

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 10:59:51 AM »

Surely he'd go and live up there if he was full-time. Can't be worse living in Barrow than the midlands.
Well house prices would be cheaper I surpose that depends which part in the midlands you mean on it being better than barrow

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 11:42:34 AM »

Not sure how many non leauge players move houses contracts probably only 2 years it might take a year to sell and buy house

Correct. At the Uni i beleive.  They tried something similar years ago, training in North Manchester area, the difference this time is the cash they have.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC squad 2015/16