PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC squad 2015/16
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Altrincham FC squad 2015/16  (Read 18931 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Altrincham FC squad 2015/16
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »

Quote from: Jack Jolly link=topic=20245.msg235191#msg235191  the difference this time is the cash they have.
[/quote

Barrow loads ?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »

At the advent of last season, Lee Sinnott declared that he wanted a squad which comprised a total of 19 players.

That figure was swiftly reduced to 18 when Mike Williams announced his retirement and was then not replaced.

The loan spell of Greg Wilkinson at Stockport County then further decreased the size of the squad to 17.

Our only recruit during the season, one Jordan Sinnott, then bolstered the squad back up to the sum of 18.

On the premise that Mister Sinnott still regards 19 players as being the optimum quota for his squad, we currently have four vacancies (that is, unless Jordan Sinnott is still in the picture though).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

VofD

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 07:49:43 PM »

At the advent of last season, Lee Sinnott declared that he wanted a squad which comprised a total of 19 players.

That figure was swiftly reduced to 18 when Mike Williams announced his retirement and was then not replaced.

The loan spell of Greg Wilkinson at Stockport County then further decreased the size of the squad to 17.

Our only recruit during the season, one Jordan Sinnott, then bolstered the squad back up to the sum of 18.

On the premise that Mister Sinnott still regards 19 players as being the optimum quota for his squad, we currently have four vacancies (that is, unless Jordan Sinnott is still in the picture though).

Sincerely hope NOT  ???

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 12:46:36 AM »

Updated, I make that 16 now

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 03:39:14 PM »

If we are to go with 19 for me that's another forward a midfielder and a defender we were very lucky with injuries last season and to only have 5 defenders most of the season was a huge risk

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2015, 10:16:31 AM »

No deacey, Sinnott Jnr or Mr Trialist on show yesterday? What conclusions can we draw from that? Still need and auxiliary forward and a couple of others, wonder if we will see some different trailists over the next week or we've identified who specifically we want.

brian1925

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2015, 10:40:29 AM »

Big shame about Deacey - just hope he was on holiday or something. Mr. Trialist was probably trialling out for a league team yesterday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2015, 07:03:48 PM »

Updated, and we are on 17 players now, that's not inclusive of any youngsters that may sign first team forms. Still need a couple more, be it A Trialist or another forward, and I think we really need some pace/energy. in terms of cover we aren't doing too bad for players that can play more than one position

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2015, 09:21:45 PM »

Think we need 1 more defender as 5 isn't enough and then the balance is about right probably haven't the funds to have a player good enough to start in defence though

taxi Phil

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2015, 10:09:31 PM »

Think we need 1 more defender as 5 isn't enough and then the balance is about right probably haven't the funds to have a player good enough to start in defence though

Since you're not able to suffer preseason like some of us......Clee has been tried at left back a couple of times. And Griffith played right back for Port Vale some years back. Maybe Lee thinks these are quick fixes.

Jimmy

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2015, 10:24:59 PM »

I think if I was manager I'd want at least 6 real defenders I understand players can be versatile but it's not ideal

Bath Alty

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2015, 11:10:58 PM »

I agree but we only had 5 for most of last year.  Sinnot Jr has also been tried at RB.  Challenge is who would we get in, CB is covered as we have three quality players there so need an extra FB.

Dens or Griffin are decent first XI so either we pay big money for someone better than one of them and drop them (probably out of the squad entirely because Leather's versatility makes him the obvious defensive bench spot - or Marshall so Leather can move if first choice CB).  I can't see this as realistic so we are looking for a full back to cover ideally both FB spots while still being cheap enough and happy not to be in the match day squad when everyone's fit.  I don't think such a person exists.

I've changed my mind - I think we have to go with the 5 we've got and make do with Leather at full back if needed and we only have a problem if 2 out of the 5 are unavailable then it's Sinnot Jr, Griffith or Clee to fill in.  This shouldn't be needed often enough to justify another wage. Long term issue to any of our defenders and we'd need a loan in sharpish though!

Hamilton

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2015, 12:12:30 AM »

LS used young Heathcote uite a bit pre-season, which makes me think he may consider him as our 6th defender.

Jimmy

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2015, 07:27:06 AM »

I agree but we only had 5 for most of last year.  Sinnot Jr has also been tried at RB.  Challenge is who would we get in, CB is covered as we have three quality players there so need an extra FB.

Dens or Griffin are decent first XI so either we pay big money for someone better than one of them and drop them (probably out of the squad entirely because Leather's versatility makes him the obvious defensive bench spot - or Marshall so Leather can move if first choice CB).  I can't see this as realistic so we are looking for a full back to cover ideally both FB spots while still being cheap enough and happy not to be in the match day squad when everyone's fit.  I don't think such a person exists.

I've changed my mind - I think we have to go with the 5 we've got and make do with Leather at full back if needed and we only have a problem if 2 out of the 5 are unavailable then it's Sinnot Jr, Griffith or Clee to fill in.  This shouldn't be needed often enough to justify another wage. Long term issue to any of our defenders and we'd need a loan in sharpish though!
we were extremely fortunate with injuries last season and when dens got injured we suffered a shocking run

Jenga

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2015, 12:18:34 PM »

Personally I think we have enough cover all over the pitch now.

The squad looks complete.

We simply cant afford to bring in players to sit on the bench in case of injury. If we did then they would not be decent calibre and LS would be slated for bringing in poor players. No win situation for the club.

We have to be realistic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham FC squad 2015/16