PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who might go down
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Who might go down  (Read 14311 times)

GB Alty

Re: Who might go down
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2015, 08:55:39 PM »

The figures I told you are 100% correct give or take a few thousand. I don't know how exactly how Macc's budget is a lot bigger this season, but I can have a guess. They sold a little over 500 ST's last season, their worst for a long time, mainly due to the uncertainty about whether Macc would have a club, and you also couldn't pay on card (again, because of uncertainty). They have sold nearly 600 already this season with only 10 players signed up and 6+ weeks till the season starts. Most of the ST money last year was put straight into paying off debt, whereas this season this has not had to be the case.
how much are the season tickets? I calculate that if they £250, then that is £150k with 600 sales, where is the other £200k coming from?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 09:28:01 PM »

I suspect any more players we now sign will be during the friendlies, do not think we will sign any more until then once we see who is finally available, good, and within our budget.

Jimmy

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 09:33:07 PM »

We displayed promotion form for a fair bulk of last season, we really need to see the make up of the squad before reverting to the "we can't compete" "we're going to get relegated" "we're part time" stuff.

Of the players released

Parton - replaced adequately with deasey
Perry - replaced adequately with rankin
Williams - replaced Adequately with o'keefe

Gillespie - complete was of space time and money, anyone would be an improvement

Cav - will be a really big miss, we always have a better time of it with Kearney/Boshell/Cav running the middle.

It's always tough in this league, but let's have a look once we've finished our business

I agree with you on 2 of the signings I thought okeefe played on left and I wouldn't say I know anything about him to say if he is an adequate replacement for Williams

« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 11:25:54 PM by Figgy Pudding »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »

The figures I told you are 100% correct give or take a few thousand. I don't know how exactly how Macc's budget is a lot bigger this season, but I can have a guess. They sold a little over 500 ST's last season, their worst for a long time, mainly due to the uncertainty about whether Macc would have a club, and you also couldn't pay on card (again, because of uncertainty). They have sold nearly 600 already this season with only 10 players signed up and 6+ weeks till the season starts. Most of the ST money last year was put straight into paying off debt, whereas this season this has not had to be the case.
how much are the season tickets? I calculate that if they £250, then that is £150k with 600 sales, where is the other £200k coming from?

I'm calculating an extra £130k from an extra 100 ST sales. Bit pricey.

Why do some people never do the maths? 220 over 52 weeks is just over 4k a week. That would mean 15 full time footballers on 250 a week never mind players of the calibre, experience of Turnbull holroyd Whittaker Barnes homer etc.

I'm not even really critical of Macc, there's nothing wrong with downplaying your hand but bemused people can't work it out.

Back to us, we definitely need three players

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 11:27:14 PM »

We displayed promotion form for a fair bulk of last season, we really need to see the make up of the squad before reverting to the "we can't compete" "we're going to get relegated" "we're part time" stuff.

Of the players released

Parton - replaced adequately with deasey
Perry - replaced adequately with rankin
Williams - replaced Adequately with o'keefe

Gillespie - complete was of space time and money, anyone would be an improvement

Cav - will be a really big miss, we always have a better time of it with Kearney/Boshell/Cav running the middle.

It's always tough in this league, but let's have a look once we've finished our business

I agree with you on 2 of the signings I thought okeefe played on left and I wouldn't say I know anything about him to say if he is an adequate replacement for Williams

Fair point jimmy, I've been told he's a box to box man, but we'll have to wait and see

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:59 AM »

Why do some people never do the maths? 220 over 52 weeks is just over 4k a week. That would mean 15 full time footballers on 250 a week never mind players of the calibre, experience of Turnbull holroyd Whittaker Barnes homer etc.

I'm not even really critical of Macc, there's nothing wrong with downplaying your hand but bemused people can't work it out.

[/quote]

1 of those 4 was paid less than 250 a week, I don't work for Macclesfield Town and all Macc's players last year were on 40 week contracts.

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »

Back in the real world you players of the caliber of Whittaker and turnbull would be on about 15 hundred a week just for them two probably more however your not in the real world a lot of you think the EDL is a good idea

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »

Back in the real world you players of the caliber of Whittaker and turnbull would be on about 15 hundred a week just for them two probably more however your not in the real world a lot of you think the EDL is a good idea
Jesus Christ, you're deluded, Turnbull, released by relegated Stockport County on 1500 a week?? James Constable is paid less than that for Eastleigh and that's a fact!!

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 11:24:22 AM »

I actually said 1500 for the 2 of them not 1500 each and I'm sure Stockport released him because of his wage not his lack of ability if two of the best midfielders in the leauge were not getting atleast 750 I'd be f**king amazed
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:26:43 AM by Jimmy »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 12:21:26 PM »

Paul turnball was released by big spending Northampton town in 2013 before signing for Macclesfield?

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 12:25:02 PM »

The majority of Stockport fans thought he was sh*te, as they did Andy Halls and Danny Rowe who have all become very good players at this level under Askey. Turnbull and Whitaker were paid nowhere near 750 each last season although Turnbull may be paid closer to that figure this season with the increased budget.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 12:36:03 PM »

If your paying Whitaker less than £500 a week he must be knocking back 3 clubs week who'd double that.
Full time and proud of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 12:51:36 PM »

1 of those 4 was paid less than 250 a week, I don't work for Macclesfield Town and all Macc's players last year were on 40 week contracts.
[/quote]

So these full time footballers return on 20th July for pre season training yes. Well done to them for being able to secure seasonal employment for 12 weeks.

Do you seriously even believe what you're typing?

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »

[/quote]

So these full time footballers return on 20th July for pre season training yes. Well done to them for being able to secure seasonal employment for 12 weeks.

Do you seriously even believe what you're typing?
[/quote]

In answer to the first question, Whitaker is in his mid 30's so I think double is a bit of an exaggeration but yeah most of them could get more elsewhere but they enjoy playing under John Askey.
And yes, a number of them have other jobs. Paul Turnbull works in a bar and Andy Halls is a personal trainer.

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 04:21:57 PM »

Kids are going to dream of working in tesco's more money doing that than being a pro footballer what the f**k does their wife say when they say no holiday this year I'm playing for macc because I like askey
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who might go down