PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who might go down
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Who might go down  (Read 14310 times)

Re: Who might go down
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2015, 04:35:40 PM »

I expect the majority of the names you mentioned have savings. Whitaker would have been on 75k+ at Chesterfield and Port Vale I would guess.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2015, 05:26:32 PM »

Minimumwagefield! Plenty of people have savings, but they wouldn't do a full time job for less than half what they could get on the open market because they like the boss.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2015, 06:48:02 PM »

You must be pretty bored on your own forum to come on here trolling. If it amuses you, then keep on fishing with provocative posts.
By the way, and the risk of chomping, whatever you budget actually was last year, I seem to remember that a well-run little part-time club rammed it right up you twice last season.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2015, 06:52:01 PM »

I don't really see  how they are provocative posts and I'm not strictly a Macclesfield fan to be honest, just got a few inside contacts at this level. Well done on beating Macc twice last season, one was in a competition where JA absolutely did not want to progress and fielded a team full of half Macclesfield's reserves. When was the last year Altrincham finished above Macclesfield though, please remind me?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2015, 07:01:59 PM »

I don't really see  how they are provocative posts and I'm not strictly a Macclesfield fan to be honest, just got a few inside contacts at this level. Well done on beating Macc twice last season, one was in a competition where JA absolutely did not want to progress and fielded a team full of half Macclesfield's reserves. When was the last year Altrincham finished above Macclesfield though, please remind me?

In the solvency league do you mean? Last year.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy

« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »

Not making the playoffs makes askey's choice of not taking the trophy serious seem abit of a mistake

Jimmy

« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »

To be fair the posts are not provacative I'm just bemused you believe the myth about the macc low wages but if you do fair enough

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2015, 08:59:12 PM »

Adam Smith signs for Wrexham.

Just what we require
Full time and proud of it

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2015, 10:41:08 PM »

Laughing at all these posts from 1893........ ;D........I heard some of them older pro's at Macc chipped in for the coach fare to away games and bought Askey a pint in the bar (but only the ones with savings though)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:15 PM »

Of course there is always the case that these players are on the wages described, or at least that is what the 'contract' says and what goes through the books (no employers NI contributions needed)...............shortfall in re-numeration being made up in other ways which helps both parties.
Then again unlikely now with the controls in place, albeit happening at a L1 club managed by an experienced manager (who was unaware of it) not that long ago.
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Jenga

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2015, 12:26:55 AM »

I just love the fact that we speculate what some players earn. Hell i dont even know what my work colleagues earn, nevermind people i have never met before.

Jimmy

« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2015, 06:28:11 AM »

It's doesn't take much speculating to work out that a professional football team is giving their players more than 250 quid a week 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who might go down