News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ladies Transatlantic Challenge

Author Topic: Ladies Transatlantic Challenge  (Read 2757 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 28, 2015, 11:20:56 AM »

The reputation of Altrincham Ladies for organisation, hospitality and good football, which was a major reason for the visit of the Isle of Man Representative side at the end of last season has crossed the Atlantic and made it as far as Tennesee.

At 7.30 on August 5th the Altrincham Ladies will be taking on a visiting team from Lee University in Tennesee Lee are the reigning NCCAA Champions and boast four players named as NCCAA All Americans.

Clearly this will be a significant challenge for Altrincham and any support will be welcomed.

Those of you who have see the US National Team in the Womens World Cup will be aware of the type of football played by USA Women's Teams so it has the definite potential to be an entertaining evening.

For further details please either reply on here or contact Manager Keith Edleston on 07912 117622

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Ladies Transatlantic Challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 11:42:12 PM »

Just a very quick reminder that the Ladies have an extremely prestigious fixture two weeks tonight.

As I have alluded to in my earlier post there are some very talented Anerican Female footballers, as proved by the recent Women's World Cup. We also try to play football the "right" way so I am sure that it will be an entertaining encounter

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:37:19 PM »

Just thought I would once again mention that the Ladies take on a touring University side from the USA next Wednesday at Mersey Valley

It would be really good to see some support for the Ladies, admission is free and I believe the Bar will be open as well.

American sides have a reputation for good quality football amd, in the past two seasons Altrincham Ladies have gained a similar reputation for trying to play the "right" way

Please consider coming down.....you mat well be pleasantly surprised by what you seel

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:58:13 PM »

Some more info about the game on Wednesday.

Kick off is confirmed for 7.15 at Mersey Valley.

It has all the hallmarks of being a challenging fixture so any support will be most welcome

Hers is a photo of the opposition

http://www.jlaidlar.webspace.virginmedia.com/usladiesteam.jpg

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »

Possibly a final reminder that the Ladies play a Touring American University side tomorrow evening, 7.15 at Mersey Valley.

It seems that their team contains some Junior Internationals so, hopefully, the football will be good.

Please come along and support the Ladies in what is bound to be a challenging first pre season fixture and have a look at some of our new signings too

Thanks

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:39:50 PM »

Altrincham ladies 0 Lee Flames 6 No disgrace in the result
They were beaten by a very good young side. Good game
To watch and a fair size crowd as well.
@AltyDaz

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 04:50:00 PM »

Can I just say thank you to everyone who attended the game on Wednesday. There must have been between 70 and 80 in the crowd which was excellent

We were beaten by a better team but, I think, we gave a good account of ourselves and made some transatlantic friends for Altrincham FC

Lots of positive comments during and after the game which was nice.

Please consider coming to a future match, it's free and I believe also quite entertaining to watch.

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team