News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Televised fixture

Author Topic: Televised fixture  (Read 3134 times)

taxi Phil

Televised fixture
« on: July 03, 2015, 10:45:11 PM »

Friday 7th.August on BT.

My betting is 1-66 Tranmere v Woking
100-1 bar

And yes, I am an old cynic.

Jimmy

Re: Televised fixture
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:21:36 PM »

To be fair Woking are decent side tranmere just gone down probably should be the game

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 11:57:07 PM »

you can be sure the last game on tv will be the tranmere v Grimsby game , what a coincidence :-\
FFS

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 01:06:29 PM »

It won't be unless it's important I think we can be a bit cynical

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 09:55:05 PM »

Chill. It doesn't matter to us.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2015, 10:00:04 PM »

They used to like their Friday night footy at Prenton Park, so they might prefer the switch. Woking, on the other hand.....
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 10:43:23 PM »

They used to like their Friday night footy at Prenton Park, so they might prefer the switch. Woking, on the other hand.....

I have wondered actually whether Tranmere have considered going back to this on a more regular basis. Not because of the tedious general discussion we usually have on this. However, Tranmere are a club who've had a special success with this in the past and now after relegation

a) This could be a good time to go back to the good old days

b) It'll be easier to gain permission for this from the authorities. Can't see the police being bothered about fgr or Eastleigh. It's not like Millwall heading up there at the same time West Ham are at Everton etc.

c) It would give them an advantage when playing part time clubs should they need it.

On a more general note, I think Tranmere will do well, they've got a conference manager and brought in decent conference players. As they should I guess. I think getting them here a couple of Saturday in is a masterstroke and would expect them to travel in similar but slightly smaller numbers as Stockport did at a similar time of the season.

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 10:47:31 PM »

Chill. It doesn't matter to us.

Unless, of course, they decide to move OUR game to the TV slot......we could be top of the league 17 hours before everyone else kicks off. Or bottom of course.

Don't hold your breath......

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 01:01:05 AM »

I have wondered actually whether Tranmere have considered going back to this on a more regular basis. Not because of the tedious general discussion we usually have on this. However, Tranmere are a club who've had a special success with this in the past and now after relegation

a) This could be a good time to go back to the good old days

b) It'll be easier to gain permission for this from the authorities. Can't see the police being bothered about fgr or Eastleigh. It's not like Millwall heading up there at the same time West Ham are at Everton etc.

c) It would give them an advantage when playing part time clubs should they need it.

On a more general note, I think Tranmere will do well, they've got a conference manager and brought in decent conference players. As they should I guess. I think getting them here a couple of Saturday in is a masterstroke and would expect them to travel in similar but slightly smaller numbers as Stockport did at a similar time of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB3oTLaUczY

http://www.chrisrand.com/hmhb/some-call-it-godcore/friday-night-and-the-gates-are-low/

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 01:04:26 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Televised fixture