PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this forum is empty
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No wonder this forum is empty  (Read 6589 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 21, 2015, 10:07:04 AM »

Every time someone expresses any positivity they are rounded on and shouted down. I'm all for having a moan when it's warranted, but it's become the norm. Let's deal with a few facts, Lee Sinnott has improved his squad, and it's league position year on year since he's been here. Every manager makes mistakes or what some see as mistakes, but Lee Sinnott is a UEFA A licensed manager, not a f**king idiot.

We've released a number of players, and early indications would suggest those that have come in are an improvement.This opinion can only be gleaned by watching them play. The manager has publically set the bar high and set his players a challenge. And said on Sunday he doesn't want to be see as a team that's always languishing around the bottom 8. How can this be bullsh*t or a bad thing? Would we sooner he said lets see fifth bottom as an achievement? We aren't even half way through preseason, or anywhere near finalising the playing squad and the nonsense has started again.

Too many people have been chased off here for offering an opinion or a point of view, which they are entitled to do, just as much as the next person. Watching football is supposed to be a hobby, entertainment, done for fun. Can't we at least get into the season before the doom and gloom appears with gusto. If people want to be positive, they shouldn't be afraid to do so, otherwise this forum has become pointless.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No wonder this forum is empty
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 10:28:06 AM »

Hear hear.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 10:39:34 AM »

Well said pete.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 11:01:23 AM »

Well said!

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 11:02:41 AM »

Couldn't agree more

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »

I'm excited for the new season - not much longer now!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 11:09:33 AM »

Can't wait to see how the new lads fit into the team and hopefully we can really push on and improve on last season's performance.

Come on Alty!
Come on Alty!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 11:13:01 AM »

p.s.

2011: relegated, appoint Lee as manager
2011/2012: Conf North, 8th
2012/2013: Conf North, 4th
2013:2014: Conf North, 3rd (promoted)
2014/2015: Conf Prem, 17th

I do wonder how anyone can see that progress as anything but solid.  I'm almost glad we slumped at the end of last season - gives us a better chance of a 4th successive season of improvement!

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 11:44:45 AM »

Every time someone expresses any positivity they are rounded on and shouted down. I'm all for having a moan when it's warranted, but it's become the norm. Let's deal with a few facts, Lee Sinnott has improved his squad, and it's league position year on year since he's been here. Every manager makes mistakes or what some see as mistakes, but Lee Sinnott is a UEFA A licensed manager, not a f**king idiot.

We've released a number of players, and early indications would suggest those that have come in are an improvement.This opinion can only be gleaned by watching them play. The manager has publically set the bar high and set his players a challenge. And said on Sunday he doesn't want to be see as a team that's always languishing around the bottom 8. How can this be bullsh*t or a bad thing? Would we sooner he said lets see fifth bottom as an achievement? We aren't even half way through preseason, or anywhere near finalising the playing squad and the nonsense has started again.

Too many people have been chased off here for offering an opinion or a point of view, which they are entitled to do, just as much as the next person. Watching football is supposed to be a hobby, entertainment, done for fun. Can't we at least get into the season before the doom and gloom appears with gusto. If people want to be positive, they shouldn't be afraid to do so, otherwise this forum has become pointless.
people should get a pair of bollocks if that's the case if someone said my opinion was bollocks I'd explain why it isn't by replying as for Sinnott he is doing a decent enough job and as for improving the squad I have not been pre season but don't have to I know rankine is better than Perry and deasey is better than Parton I wouldnt claim to know about the other signings

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 11:52:05 AM »

Maybe some can't be arsed with what they see as confrontation though.

Fiendent
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=799

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 01:19:56 PM »

I half agree with Figgy.........some on here are rounded on and chased out of town - but I also agree with Jimmy that others need to fight their cause and reiterate the facts that back-up why they believe what they believe to be true

As for me........I only said that 7th to 14th position is a bold prediction for next season   :).........and as a prediction stands, I still think it is - though as others have said Lee Sinnott has improved us each year to date and hence there should be some optimism to believe he can do it again by May 2016
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:21:33 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mr Woolf

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 01:59:39 PM »

FIGGY

roytonmike

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 03:42:46 PM »

I may not be popular with some for saying this, but here are four (to me at least) good reasons for 'keeping powder dry', to coin a phrase ...
(a) as I won't be attending any preseason matches with the possible exception of the Port Vale game any thoughts I might have on the squad etc. are irrelevant
(b) the management team are paid to manage, so let them manage preseason & August in peace - they've done a good job these last few years, for heaven's sake
(c) I still cling to the view that it takes the first ten competitive games for things to come anywhere near together
(d) nobody really knows what the comparative standard of other clubs will be like at this stage - last year I thought the league would be far stronger than it turned out to be.
That's why this member won't be contributing to debate for a fair while yet!

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 05:34:10 PM »

100 Goodwins to Figgy!

taxi Phil

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 05:42:25 PM »

The best place for dry powder is in a fire extinguisher.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team