PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this forum is empty
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No wonder this forum is empty  (Read 6594 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No wonder this forum is empty
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 06:59:33 PM »

Thanks Figgy, I really appreciate the back-up you have given me from my previous postings - lets see what happens now -and if I want to feel positive I will do!!

Jenga

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 07:14:05 PM »

Pete, you are spot on regarding the OP.

i simply cant be arsed posting anything sensible now (except this one) as people always argue, people always focusing on the negative and slagging off a particular player or manager or whatever.

So whereas i always posted regularly my activity over the past 12 months or more has dropped considerably.

Whilst people are entitled to their opinions and others are within their rights to clarify those comments or question why the comments were made, i think it often comes down to how people reply which is very often in a confrontational manner.

I really hate to say this, but i think it needs to be said...............I see the forum as an extension to the club which is often used by regular match attenders and those who cant attend, but certainly by true Alty fans which forms a community atmosphere. The lack of a sensible forum has not only dwindled my enthusiasm for the forum, but also for the club.

I used to like going to matches, coming home and reading peoples opinions, it was all part of the match day for me, and well, part of that has been taken away.

Of course it isnt all that bad and i will defend myself now (in case anyone wants to slate me), but i still attend regularly and listen to radio robins when i cant, i still read the forum. I simply do not post as much and feel my experience of Alty has dropped.

Taking this further how does the forum affect our new, younger supporters, the future of the club, if they come on here and get slagged off for an opinion.

Dont let the forum be a cult, but let it be for everyone to ENJOY.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 07:26:54 PM »

i simply cant be arsed posting anything sensible now (except this one) as people always argue, people always focusing on the negative and slagging off a particular player or manager or whatever.

So whereas i always posted regularly my activity over the past 12 months or more has dropped considerably.

Whilst people are entitled to their opinions and others are within their rights to clarify those comments or question why the comments were made, i think it often comes down to how people reply which is very often in a confrontational manner.

I really hate to say this, but i think it needs to be said...............I see the forum as an extension to the club which is often used by regular match attenders and those who cant attend, but certainly by true Alty fans which forms a community atmosphere. The lack of a sensible forum has not only dwindled my enthusiasm for the forum, but also for the club.

I used to like going to matches, coming home and reading peoples opinions, it was all part of the match day for me, and well, part of that has been taken away.

Of course it isnt all that bad and i will defend myself now (in case anyone wants to slate me), but i still attend regularly and listen to radio robins when i cant, i still read the forum. I simply do not post as much and feel my experience of Alty has dropped.

Taking this further how does the forum affect our new, younger supporters, the future of the club, if they come on here and get slagged off for an opinion.

Dont let the forum be a cult, but let it be for everyone to ENJOy

I couldn't have put this better myself this forum has become a caricature of its self , where there are few over zealous members that complain to the admins then shout at people with opinions , not everyone has a strong enough idealism like jim that will fight there corner for good or bad that's what a forum is for , but there are times when people can get carried away with other peoples decisions.

p.s Very few of you answered my poll a while back red or brown sauce so for that you un-opinionated swab dogs I will make that decision for you .... BROWN SAUCE WINS
FFS

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:36 PM »

Dont let the forum be a cult, but let it be for everyone to ENJOY.
sinnout
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 08:22:20 PM »

Huge point, IMO. Well over 1,000 of my posts came when I was under the age of 18. During that time I'd say the forum was much brighter, but for a while I've felt that the place is used by most just to have a moan. So I've noticeably posted much less.

What I'll say is that the forum was one of the main ways in which I became so infatuated with the club. I joined in 2007; 13 years old, annoying and non-constructive:

COME ON ALTY

But at that age I needed something like this forum to make up for the lack of chat at school and the like. It's not like the Premier League where you can chat to anyone about any club, we're only small, forums are invaluable at this level - there aren't many of us and we need places like this so we can talk about our club.

I honestly believe that without this forum my interest in the club would not have developed to the level that it has, the constructiveness of the pre and post match threads provided me with a matchday aspect that I needed as a youngster.

I'm 21 now and I've no idea why anyone younger than me would bother these days.

Bath Alty

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »

Interesting seeing other peoples' views and I agree with much of it.  I'm an exile and have been since the age of 5 so I have next to no idea who anyone is - there are the odd exceptions who I've been introduced to at matches who used to go to school with my Dad when the world was recorded in black and white sepia!

Not knowing who you all are & who knows who makes it hard to tell what's banter between mates and what's likely to have been taken seriously (as seriously as anything should on a forum).  After many years I think I can tell the difference now but it doesn't help when you change your forum names so I think you're someone else!

As an exile I was drawn back into a proper attachment to the club, & attending away games within a couple of hours of here, by the website and the forum giving me something of the club I could touch from a distance.  The forum has definitely lost some of its welcoming nature over the last few years. 

Interestingly the chat room on radio robins when there is a few of us there during the season is much more like a 'community'

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 09:46:24 PM »

Interesting seeing other peoples' views and I agree with much of it.  I'm an exile and have been since the age of 5 so I have next to no idea who anyone is - there are the odd exceptions who I've been introduced to at matches who used to go to school with my Dad when the world was recorded in black and white sepia!

Not knowing who you all are & who knows who makes it hard to tell what's banter between mates and what's likely to have been taken seriously (as seriously as anything should on a forum).  After many years I think I can tell the difference now but it doesn't help when you change your forum names so I think you're someone else!

As an exile I was drawn back into a proper attachment to the club, & attending away games within a couple of hours of here, by the website and the forum giving me something of the club I could touch from a distance.  The forum has definitely lost some of its welcoming nature over the last few years. 

Interestingly the chat room on radio robins when there is a few of us there during the season is much more like a 'community'

Yes, and the highlighted bit especially.

Bath Alty

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 06:12:49 PM »

Thank you for your insightful analysis of forum posts by looking at attendances.  Several people have stated that an active and welcoming forum has either kept them in touch with the club or encouraged them to get more involved, just because attendances are up doesn't mean they couldn't be 20 or 30 higher.  It won't appeal to everyone and it will only be a marginal effect on overall attendances but that's not to say it isn't real.

I miss the days when I could gauge how we'd played and who was playing well and who wasn't from reading a variety of views post match on here.  Now it's often just a couple of people expressing mainly the same view game after game.  Talking of post match views who was the bloke who only ever came on after we'd lost to say how crap it was being an Alty fan and never appeared after a victory?

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »

As a youngster I followed Alty during the 80’s, but drifted away in my late teens only to return with my son around 2007/8. At that time I used to read the forum and gained a great deal of information about the club and the personalities of the fans. I often marvelled at the stats that were produced in thread comments and the knowledge people had on here about new signings achievements when they were coming in from lower leagues.

I still enjoy the forum, although post don’t seem as frequent these days and sometimes drift into what could be deemed to be negative. However the right to post an opinion is the point of this forum. I like this thread.  It appears to have prompted people to post, please post more. I for one like to read the opinions of those who have far greater knowledge of non-league footy than me.

I think that Alty is in a great place at the moment, gates are up the club is doing well and the lads and ladies are playing decent footy. I reckon that everyone on here wishes the club well.

I don’t tend to post because generally I think that I have little to add to comments made by others, except to echo ‘An Arabian Investors’ first post “COME ON ALTY”

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 08:40:29 PM »

I do miss the life and vitality the forum once had.  It's always a bit quiet in the summer but I now recall the long runing sag we had one summer about the nonsense at Northwich Vics. 

Perhaps the forum can be pushed a bit more (sorry, no idea how which is pants really) - get more users on. 

Most people can take a bit of stick, most people have had a few arrows in their direction, it's the constant negativity that puts folk off, so whilst we need to eb honest there's ways and means of doing that without reducing the number of fans on here.

COME ON ALTY
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this forum is empty