PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League Position - Predictions
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: League Position - Predictions  (Read 20573 times)

Jimmy

Re: League Position - Predictions
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:28 PM »

I can't see us getting another midfielder as that would mean half the squad all play midfield that's not to say we don't need one

York Alty

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2015, 12:07:43 PM »

We're going to be bottom third of the table - upper end of that grouping so will be safe.  I predict screw up after screw up in the cups and trophy.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2015, 12:50:11 PM »

Mr Konk has got it spot on.
We need a midfielder who can pass a ball through a defence along the floor. If they are also prepared to shoot occasionally that would be a bonus. 
The first two goals from Crewe demonstrated precisely what we are missing.
Like others I though Wilkinson then Williams could be the missing link but Mr Sinnot didn't seem to rate either of them highly enough to give them an extended run in the team.   

Judging by a positive pre-season (and don't get me wrong, I've been as frustrated by him at times as anyone else), I'm hoping an actual prolonged run for Lawrie in his favoured central position could pay dividends.

GB Alty

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2015, 08:46:54 PM »

We're going to be bottom third of the table - upper end of that grouping so will be safe.  I predict screw up after screw up in the cups and trophy.
nice positive post

taxi Phil

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »

Since the extra striker remains invisible, my secondary prediction of 15th is now in force. And having seen most of preseason even that is optimistic.

York Alty

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2015, 03:10:18 PM »

nice positive post

It's based on the view that we haven't got the resources for a dramatic up turn in quality, I do hope the new names are a step-up form the lads they replaced but I can't see us breaking through to compete  above half way up the table.  Given that, we will always have at least one eye on the league table, cups and trophies will take second place behind the league games. Very confident we'll stay up. That's the major positive.

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2015, 03:49:47 PM »

Cup and trophies don't take second place as we play a full strength side but still get beat by poor sides however that's not just this side it's gone on to long I also don't think it's a negative post

GB Alty

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2015, 06:50:42 PM »

Cup and trophies don't take second place as we play a full strength side but still get beat by poor sides however that's not just this side it's gone on to long I also don't think it's a negative post
I would say bottom third (so 17th or below), and screw ups in both cups (which suggests defeats to lower league clubs) is quite negative

My expectation for the season would be top half of the table, and decent run in all three cups.

I don't expect it to happen though!

York Alty

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2015, 06:56:22 PM »

I would say bottom third (so 17th or below), and screw ups in both cups (which suggests defeats to lower league clubs) is quite negative

My expectation for the season would be top half of the table, and decent run in all three cups.

I don't expect it to happen though!

oh well - I'm a glass half full chap myself.  At the moment it's half full of Guinness... 

and...

...now it's not.

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2015, 08:14:43 PM »

since I have missed all the pre season games and know very little about the guys we have signed im changing my prediction to just out side the play offs , my glass isn't half full or half empty .. I've drank it all so its empty so  a lil like my head  ;D ;D , im going against the grain here but im going to be positive all season even if we do have issues
FFS

ALTYGAL

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »

Not inspired yet - bottom 4 ⚽️😕

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »

10th for me now, and with today's signing.

Jenga

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 06:46:37 PM »

14th.

Bath Alty

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2015, 07:09:14 PM »

18th, we get close to LS target of 20 fewer conceded but nowhere near the 20 more goals (not creative enough)

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2015, 09:23:37 PM »

If we concede 20 less goals we will finish much higher than 18th
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 League Position - Predictions