PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton match thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Witton match thread  (Read 5895 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Witton match thread
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 11:16:51 PM »

Again both Jordans missing!

Deacey has gone, see official site.
Come on Alty!

Trouty

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 11:23:17 PM »

Sorry Griffith
Average first half gave the ball away a few times but also played a couple of nice passes and good tackles.
Hes certainly a big unit and I would expect him to improve as he gets match fit and some training in as he's probably not had a training session with the team since he signed.

Its gonna be along season if were already getting confused between Griffin and Griffith  :)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 11:31:07 PM »

I thought he didnt add anything to our mid , needs improve soon as possible ,but then again i might be confused    ???

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 07:48:07 AM »

A game that Witton clearly wanted to win and judging by some of the tackles that went it they took the game a lot more seriously than we did.

Deasey had a good game in goal and commended his area well, Rankine impressed  when he came on and I'd be quite happy if the trialist was signed up.

Big lack of width at times and the midfield was very congested, I lost count of the amount of times Marshall had the ball and had nobody in space to pass the ball too.

Not a good performance tonight but not going to be too critical as that's whats pre-season is all about trying out new formations, combinations and players but PLEASE can we get someone that can take a decent corner.

I think the attendance was given as 208 if anybody is interested.

I though the lack of width was very frustrating, but I put that down trying differing formations and approaches. Every ball in the first half came out from the back through Tom Marshell. I'm not sure where Ryan Crowther was supposed to be playing, he seemed very central, where as the Trialist seemed to be out on the left first half and out on the right second half. We do need to play with a bit more width as we get in each other's way. I think griffiths will be a good addition once he's up to speed. You can see glimpses of what he's about, and will really help break up teams play, and give the defence a break. I'm more than happy to try things out in these games and get the formula right ahead of the visit of FGR. So it is encouraging that we are looking at more than one way to play

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 08:17:58 AM »

A bit experimental, crowther was poor but he looked like he was desperate to touch the ball so drifted in a lot from his wing.  Griffith needs more match practice and gave the ball away.  We looked much better with Moult and Richman in the middle.  Leather had a poor game
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 09:16:25 AM »

Hopefully the Crewe and Port Vale games will give us a better yardstick of where we are at. As for first 11, it's too early for me to what I'd go with as of yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see "A Trialist" signed up as looking at last night I think he could play either up top, or out wide. The new midfielders defiantly need more game time. I think Griffiths will be a great addition, especially useful when up against it. I think O'Keefe needs to get a little bit more belief in his ability, and might be trying a bit to hard rather than just playing a simple tidy game.   

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 01:59:31 PM »

I never worry too much about the results of pre-season games, I'm more interested in seeing who's fit and who seems up for it. You're not going to see the real commitment until the games really matter.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2015, 02:00:11 PM »

Does anyone know what the scuffle was about in the second half. About the most excitement we had in a very dull game.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2015, 02:52:48 PM »

I think when the lad went in two footed, dens ran up and grabbed him, a couple of theirs retaliated and then tom Marshell just started picking people up like an American wrestler and head locked the perpetrator out of the way and said perpetrator was then unofficially sent off (red asked manager to replace him) it would have been a red card in a proper game

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »

Perfect - thanks. Really hard to make out the specifics from where we were standing and we totally missed the initial tackle as we were busy chatting.

I think when the lad went in two footed, dens ran up and grabbed him, a couple of theirs retaliated and then tom Marshell just started picking people up like an American wrestler and head locked the perpetrator out of the way and said perpetrator was then unofficially sent off (red asked manager to replace him) it would have been a red card in a proper game

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »

Perfect - thanks. Really hard to make out the specifics from where we were standing and we totally missed the initial tackle as we were busy chatting.

It was the same lad who 2 mins earlier went down in the box but didn't get a pen.  I think frustration got to him
Bernard Taylors barmy army

ripleym

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 03:29:19 PM »

I'll be amazed if Jake Moult is fit for the start of the season, the amount of hard tackles he has taken.  That one last night looked rough, but happily he got straight up from it.

Wigan put a few in on him too, I recall.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Witton match thread