PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Sinnott signs.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Jordan Sinnott signs.....  (Read 20353 times)

joe

Re: Jordan Sinnott signs.....
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2015, 09:49:08 AM »

While I'm usually the first to say, give the lad a chance, on this occasion we have all seen Jordan Sinnott play and he is just not good enough to represent Altrincham. It's not a case of lambasting the manager at all - a father would do anything for his son, but I'm just disappointed that the club have allowed this to happen - it'll inevitably end in tears. My main concern is not Jordan's wage or lack of wage, it's more that Lee will probably be inclined to select his son over a more deserving other. It actually reminds me of Northwich some years ago selecting the owners son as their first choice keeper, even though the fans soon realised he was awful. I just thought we were better than that.

Quality post!

GB Alty

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2015, 09:53:15 AM »

Complete farce

We going backwards quickly - long season of struggle ahead

Nepotism taken over

andrewflynn

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2015, 10:34:28 AM »

Scapegoat alert.

People have had a vendetta against him since he was first announced as signing for us.

If he was called Joe Bloggs, had the same current and potential ability that Sinnott does, played those games for us last season and put in the same performances that Sinnott has done during pre-season... There would not have been such a reaction to him re-signing. People may have been underwhelmed perhaps, and that is justifiable, but to call it a farce and a disgrace is a bit pathetic in my opinion.

It's like people think you can't sign the manager's son unless he's going to be the best player at the club. The fact is he's been signed as a squad player. In him we've got one set of legs that can COVER three positions on the field, and that set of legs hasn't looked any better or worse than anyone else at the club during the pre-season fixtures. I don't doubt for a second that he's been signed as cover.

After a full pre-season with us, the jury is still out on him for me. I think he'll turn out okay.

Jimmy

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2015, 10:44:08 AM »

I agree that because he is the managers son people will give him stick however It is very rair that a player who is poor in 2 loan spells has another go and if he was called Jo bloggs he wouldn't be here

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 11:12:53 AM »

While I'm usually the first to say, give the lad a chance, on this occasion we have all seen Jordan Sinnott play and he is just not good enough to represent Altrincham. It's not a case of lambasting the manager at all - a father would do anything for his son, but I'm just disappointed that the club have allowed this to happen - it'll inevitably end in tears. My main concern is not Jordan's wage or lack of wage, it's more that Lee will probably be inclined to select his son over a more deserving other. It actually reminds me of Northwich some years ago selecting the owners son as their first choice keeper, even though the fans soon realised he was awful. I just thought we were better than that.
many good points you make there Brian back when we signed twiss I said the club should've stepped in then and stopped what everyone knew was a shocking signing
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:20:47 AM by Jimmy »

roytonmike

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2015, 12:47:25 PM »

Scapegoat alert.
People have had a vendetta against him since he was first announced as signing for us.
If he was called Joe Bloggs, had the same current and potential ability that Sinnott does, played those games for us last season and put in the same performances that Sinnott has done during pre-season... There would not have been such a reaction to him re-signing. People may have been underwhelmed perhaps, and that is justifiable, but to call it a farce and a disgrace is a bit pathetic in my opinion.
It's like people think you can't sign the manager's son unless he's going to be the best player at the club. The fact is he's been signed as a squad player. In him we've got one set of legs that can COVER three positions on the field, and that set of legs hasn't looked any better or worse than anyone else at the club during the pre-season fixtures. I don't doubt for a second that he's been signed as cover.
After a full pre-season with us, the jury is still out on him for me. I think he'll turn out okay.
Excellent post. There is also the fact that the wages pit is not bottomless so a player who can cover several positions at moderate cost - which I suspect is the case here - is potentially a useful addition to a squad which isn't going to number more than 19 at most. He's not a great player but he's by no means the worst we've ever had!

Jimmy

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2015, 02:45:14 PM »

Several positions it's like getting a cowboy without a trade who does a bit of everything badly round to do a job on the house

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 02:59:34 PM »

Son or not he still is not good enough , we have to accept him now and i for one hope that he proves me wrong , and will be glad to apologise if he does so .

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2015, 03:06:04 PM »

Nepotism,he's simply not good enough. Very disappointed.

This, i really hope sinnout has not just given himself a rope in which to hang himself with
Complete farce

We going backwards quickly - long season of struggle ahead

Nepotism taken over

It may prove not to be a good signing but how you can say the club is going backwards is beyond me entirely. Also, there is no way Sinnott's job is that insecure that signing his son could result in a sacking. He's done a great job for us and I cannot believe the amount of flak he gets on here from a few supporters sometimes. Utterly bizarre.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2015, 04:59:28 PM »

All I will say is 12 months ago plenty on here were slagging off Griffin, Marshall and on the odd occasion even England's No1

If Jordon hasn't cut the mustard by the end of Sept then I will hold my hand up.

I just hope the Alty players don't read the forum or not many of them would have any confidence.

It's July not January. Maybe there are other signings to come. Let's give this current squad a chance in the league before we write next season off.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2015, 05:32:22 PM »

The fact that he's a non contract signing is a bit of a good thing at least. If he proves himself to be a good player after-all we sign him up on a contract, and if he tosses it off we can just get rid.

I know a lot of people are upset over this, but it's not like the Twiss situation where we were stuck with him for two years.
Come on Alty!

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »

My problem with Jordan is his commitment , he does have some good points , his crossing  and free kicks are fine but he doesn't get stuck in , he seems to be reluctant to tackle and ducks out of 50/50 challenges .

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2015, 06:23:47 PM »

He's the missing piece of the jigsaw.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2015, 08:19:11 PM »

He's the missing piece of the jigsaw.

Barry, do we have a new jigsaw? He didn't fit the old one twice. Perhaps he's the missing link..... ;D

joe

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2015, 08:45:42 PM »

The fact that he's a non contract signing is a bit of a good thing at least. If he proves himself to be a good player after-all we sign him up on a contract, and if he tosses it off we can just get rid.

I know a lot of people are upset over this, but it's not like the Twiss situation where we were stuck with him for two years.

The reason he's only signed non contract is he thinks he's good enough to get back in the league so wants to leave his options open.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Sinnott signs.....