PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Sinnott signs.....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Jordan Sinnott signs.....  (Read 20461 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Jordan Sinnott signs.....
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2015, 09:05:04 PM »

The reason he's only signed non contract is he thinks he's good enough to get back in the league so wants to leave his options open.

In theory you'd think that would be a good thing, because it means he should be pulling his tripe out every time he plays at the very least.

We've got to look for positives wherever they exist.   :)
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2015, 09:29:52 PM »

The fact that he's a non contract signing is a bit of a good thing at least. If he proves himself to be a good player after-all we sign him up on a contract, and if he tosses it off we can just get rid.

I know a lot of people are upset over this, but it's not like the Twiss situation where we were stuck with him for two years.

The reason he's only signed non contract is he thinks he's good enough to get back in the league so wants to leave his options open.

Best of luck with that...

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2015, 10:23:04 PM »

This is a strange decision based on what I have seen of this player so far

I hope he proves me wrong .. as of course as all on here I have altys best interest at heart and want us to have a strong season
ParkINson's red and white army

GB Alty

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2015, 02:31:36 PM »

Scapegoat alert.

People have had a vendetta against him since he was first announced as signing for us.

If he was called Joe Bloggs, had the same current and potential ability that Sinnott does, played those games for us last season and put in the same performances that Sinnott has done during pre-season... There would not have been such a reaction to him re-signing. People may have been underwhelmed perhaps, and that is justifiable, but to call it a farce and a disgrace is a bit pathetic in my opinion.

It's like people think you can't sign the manager's son unless he's going to be the best player at the club. The fact is he's been signed as a squad player. In him we've got one set of legs that can COVER three positions on the field, and that set of legs hasn't looked any better or worse than anyone else at the club during the pre-season fixtures. I don't doubt for a second that he's been signed as cover.

After a full pre-season with us, the jury is still out on him for me. I think he'll turn out okay.

you sure about that?

andrewflynn

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2015, 05:16:08 PM »

Scapegoat alert.

People have had a vendetta against him since he was first announced as signing for us.

If he was called Joe Bloggs, had the same current and potential ability that Sinnott does, played those games for us last season and put in the same performances that Sinnott has done during pre-season... There would not have been such a reaction to him re-signing. People may have been underwhelmed perhaps, and that is justifiable, but to call it a farce and a disgrace is a bit pathetic in my opinion.

It's like people think you can't sign the manager's son unless he's going to be the best player at the club. The fact is he's been signed as a squad player. In him we've got one set of legs that can COVER three positions on the field, and that set of legs hasn't looked any better or worse than anyone else at the club during the pre-season fixtures. I don't doubt for a second that he's been signed as cover.

After a full pre-season with us, the jury is still out on him for me. I think he'll turn out okay.

you sure about that?

Yes. We clearly have better players in every position he can play, the only position that is up for debate is at right-midfield. Crowther gets the nod for me. Densmore is obviously our first choice right-back, and Leather is our #1 choice to fill in there. We are also very strong in the middle of the park.

GB Alty

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »

But Lee has always accommodated him, and played him ahead of better players. He started most of the games during his last spell here, Sinnott family interest ahead of that of Altrincham FC

During his first spell he was even picked ahead of Watmore

Farce

Jenga

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2015, 11:42:21 PM »

We need players, need to balance books and need cover in various positions.

I expect we will be signing a forward shortly if rumours are right.

I don't see it as a startling signing but it is perhaps a necessary signing. The club simply does not have money to throw around.

GB Alty

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 12:04:08 AM »

We need players, need to balance books and need cover in various positions.

I expect we will be signing a forward shortly if rumours are right.

I don't see it as a startling signing but it is perhaps a necessary signing. The club simply does not have money to throw around.

Fully agree club doesn't have money to waste on signings like this

Throwing money away to the Sinnott household - we will be paying his wife next!

Nepotism

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2015, 08:36:00 AM »

Hopefully on 8th Aug. We will get off to a good start against The Fools on the Hill and all the pre season speculation and assumptions will be gone..

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »

First off let me say I am not impressed by the signing of Jordan Sinnott, and would (for example) have preferred Greg Wilkinson to have been retained.

But I do believe that Lee has earned our respect plays football the right way and has been a better judge of players than many on this forum, including me.  Therefore I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt .  In any event the level of vitriol towards him after four years of steady progress is unwarranted.

In addition , the club has not made it easy to decline Jordan's signing on the grounds of nepotism - and we should not overlook that

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2015, 02:26:44 PM »

First off let me say I am not impressed by the signing of Jordan Sinnott, and would (for example) have preferred Greg Wilkinson to have been retained.

But I do believe that Lee has earned our respect plays football the right way and has been a better judge of players than many on this forum, including me.  Therefore I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt .  In any event the level of vitriol towards him after four years of steady progress is unwarranted.

In addition , the club has not made it easy to decline Jordan's signing on the grounds of nepotism - and we should not overlook that

Wise words.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »

Perhaps I'm being a bit dim but would you care to expand on that because they don't seem to be very wise words to me at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 03:20:23 PM by buryalty »

taxi Phil

« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2015, 03:23:42 PM »

What I object to is the statement that he was staying on trial......whereupon he plays no part in the next two games and is promptly signed. I want him to prove his worth, since he's not an absolute donkey, and his ability to slot into different positions is a definite asset. But the manner of his signing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Jimmy

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2015, 03:53:23 PM »

Surely he has proved him self or not in the number of league games last season

andrewflynn

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2015, 04:35:16 PM »

Surely he has proved him self or not in the number of league games last season

Hard to prove yourself when you're not match fit and you're doing odd jobs for a side that has nothing to play for. Intrigued to see how he is for us after a full pre-season. No excuses now that's for sure.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Sinnott signs.....