PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Sinnott signs.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Jordan Sinnott signs.....  (Read 20481 times)

Jimmy

Re: Jordan Sinnott signs.....
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2015, 04:57:19 PM »

Better to prove yourself in competetive matches than friendlys and the team had little to play for Sinnott being without a club had a lot to prove

brian1925

« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2015, 05:17:14 PM »

I think Romeo48 puts it well re. How Jordan was apparently on 'trial', then disappears for a couple of games ( while we conveniently dispense of Jordan Deacey ), before being promptly signed. Whatever anyone says, it just doesn't look right at all. My major concerns are firstly, we have no reason whatsoever to assume that Lee won't select his son as a first teamer, given what happened at the end of last season. Secondly and perhaps more importantly is the message it sends to players wanting a trial at Alty in the future. I'm not saying that the likes of Jaydon Hall and Jordan Deacey were necessarily fantastic players, but in the small world of non league football, you can only imagine the kind of things being said about us by them and others.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2015, 05:42:47 PM »

What I object to is the statement that he was staying on trial......whereupon he plays no part in the next two games and is promptly signed. I want him to prove his worth, since he's not an absolute donkey, and his ability to slot into different positions is a definite asset. But the manner of his signing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Phil,

I have been told that Jordan Sinnott had a recent (and evidently unsuccessful) trial with Tranmere Rovers but I don't know whether that coincided with either of our pre-season fixtures at Stalybridge and Witton respectively (when he was not a member of Alty's squad) or if it relates to the closing stages of last season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jordan Sinnott signs.....