PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flattering
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Flattering  (Read 10618 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Flattering
« on: July 24, 2015, 10:16:30 PM »

The scoreline tonight , thought we did OK , they took their chances and we didn't .

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Flattering
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:41:19 PM »

Not really
2 nil maybe a more fair score as a reflection of game, but Crewe were a good footballing side and never looked in trouble apart from say a ten  minute period 30 minutes in when we had them rattled
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 01:00:27 PM »

We were better than the scoreline gives credit to be honest, I felt that despite the first couple of minutes, we had them on the rack for the second part of the first half and showed more of what we are about. We still seem to be unable to finish off moves, which is something we really need to be working on. We did get caught out in the first couple of minutes, which is a timely lesson for us, and a reminder for the start of the season.

Crewe look a very good side and should have a pretty good season. Of their bunch of fans, their behaviour left a lot to be desired. Though not in any way nasty or aggressive, their mocking behaviour towards our stewards just got me wound up even though the likes of Mike took it with good humour and patience; I would have wanted to kick them in the cherries.

Despite handshakes at the end, they just irritated me, I must be getting old.

Aside from that we played ok during the course of the game, and despite the result it was good workout for us. I also thought Michael Rankine had a great game, the new trialist looked ok.

Rather than slagging him off lets now see what happens with Jordan Sinnott now he has a contract. The jury is out for me on him, but he now has the chance not to be a bit-part player. I will look and see how he does, fair play to him if he shows a bit of mettle and takes the opportunity which is there for him, but I refuse to slag him or other players off until autumn at least. Give them all a chance now shall we?

Looking good so far, once we get into the swing  and there is still time for one or two more signings as yet!!

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »

Steve to be honest Jordan Sinnott wasn't a bit part player he started nearly every game at the end of last season

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »

Hi Jimmy

Whilst I agree with you, rarely did he complete a game last season after being on from the start. I consider a player who never feature in full games as a bit part player, rather than a player who managers build a team around. Perhaps my definition is wrong,  do correct me but I do not recall seeing Jordan play many full games for us.

This what I would like to see next season, players joining the likes of Luca, Adam and Dens proving their worth. If Jordan is good enough he will be worth the place, lets see if the contract he now has earned in Lee's eyes comes to fruition, rather than he being written off as being another Nigel Clough. Give the lad a chance before we say it is a bad signing and everyone says Lee has made a bad decision, we are after all getting an established player with league experience. I am also sure that Lee will have told him to prove himself. Watch this space!! But don't write him off yet.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »

Js mainly played right midfield and as the only other options there are Lawrie or Richman , I suspect JS could end up starting there.

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 03:57:03 PM »

Hi Jimmy

Whilst I agree with you, rarely did he complete a game last season after being on from the start. I consider a player who never feature in full games as a bit part player, rather than a player who managers build a team around. Perhaps my definition is wrong,  do correct me but I do not recall seeing Jordan play many full games for us.

This what I would like to see next season, players joining the likes of Luca, Adam and Dens proving their worth. If Jordan is good enough he will be worth the place, lets see if the contract he now has earned in Lee's eyes comes to fruition, rather than he being written off as being another Nigel Clough. Give the lad a chance before we say it is a bad signing and everyone says Lee has made a bad decision, we are after all getting an established player with league experience. I am also sure that Lee will have told him to prove himself. Watch this space!! But don't write him off yet.
nigel cough was the star of the forest side of the late 80s

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »

He also got 14 England Caps.

VofD

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 05:16:22 PM »

Hi Jimmy

He is on NON-CONTRACT terms. ??? ???

GB Alty

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »

Js mainly played right midfield and as the only other options there are Lawrie or Richman , I suspect JS could end up starting there.
Jesus wept

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 06:01:35 PM »

The rw should be Crowther  but hes wank
Full time and proud of it

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 05:56:36 PM »

If we don't find the elusive right sided midfielder before the start of the season I would be tempted to try Griffith at right back and play Dens right midfield.
The only time we ever look dangerous down the right is when he gets forward.

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2015, 10:37:45 PM »

If we don't find the elusive right sided midfielder before the start of the season I would be tempted to try Griffith at right back and play Dens right midfield.
The only time we ever look dangerous down the right is when he gets forward.
I know Griffith played right back for a considerable time at Port Vale, but I'm not convinced that this solution would work. I'd sooner play Scott Leather at right back if we were to push Dens forward.....or even young Mr.Sinnott who played pretty well there against Wigan.

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »

Sean densmore is as good as any right back we've had in 30 years to not play him there would be odd

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 12:02:26 AM »

I agree Jim. Whatever else happens let's stick to our strengths.

Coburn/Deasy
            Havern.   Leather/Marshall
Densmore.                                    Griffin
                   Richman      Moult
 Crowther.            Lawrie.              Clee

Reeves

Will (kinda) see us right this year. Yes clear room for improvement buts let's remember we were clearly good enough for this league last year and clocked off early. A poor start last year coat us points against bottom 8 teams, nothing to lose in the first six weeks this year.

I'd prob go Havern/Leather this year as they're class and all said and done we'll not go far wrong with them two.

At the end of the day (which it is) we've got the highest gates we've had for years and in a months time are at home to Tranmere Rovers.

Up the Robins!!
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flattering