PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flattering
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Flattering  (Read 10585 times)

Jimmy

Re: Flattering
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2015, 12:27:53 PM »

There's no reason we shouldn't start with 4-4-2 and see how we go.

Pressing should always start from the top, giving the midfield a break - we haven't done this well enough in previous years, which I believe is the key factor to our midfield being overrun.  Rankine might be the difference in allowing us to play this way.

In terms of midfield, I genuinely haven't seen enough from the new signings to displace Richman, Moult and Lawrie - although in Griffith he wouldn't have signed one of his old boys not to start him.

I worry about the wide positions due to the inconsistency of Crowther and the fitness of Clee.

despite the fitness along with reeves and densmore clee would be the player I worry least about

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 12:35:03 PM »

I think he wants to play 4-4-2 but whether he dare against FGR I doubt.

For me,  playing 4-4-2 we need a quality rw,  and we haven't. 

I think it will be 4-3--1-2.

History tells us not playing Reeves is a huge mistake.

Full time and proud of it

Bath Alty

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 04:58:55 PM »

We are not creative enough in midfield so I think we need to play both Rankine and Reeves if we are to get the extra 20 goals Lee is targeting.  Reeves puts a lot more effort in now when we don't have the ball than he used to a couple of years ago, that might enable us to play him and Rankine.  I like the idea of the three across the middle behind them - Dens can provide the width and Griffith stays back to cover.  Sort of works.

GB Alty

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2015, 09:06:25 PM »

We are not creative enough in midfield so I think we need to play both Rankine and Reeves if we are to get the extra 20 goals Lee is targeting.  Reeves puts a lot more effort in now when we don't have the ball than he used to a couple of years ago, that might enable us to play him and Rankine.  I like the idea of the three across the middle behind them - Dens can provide the width and Griffith stays back to cover.  Sort of works.
yes but Griffith is sh*t

Can't pass water - worse than Rodgers
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Flattering