PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Saturday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Team for Saturday  (Read 13215 times)

joe

Re: Team for Saturday
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 07:20:32 PM »

I'd go with the team at the start of the thread with one exception. You must all promise not to laugh.

I'd play Jordan Sinnott in place of Nicky Clee and leave the overlapping to our full backs.

I've booked you a place at Prestwich hospital as you're obviously losing your marbles  ;)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 07:37:45 PM »

I think Sinnott has looked half decent on both occasions in pre season that we've employed him on the right hand side of the pitch, both against Wigan and against Trafford. He'll never get praise at any point even if it's at detriment to the team because the dye has been cast. He's no central midfielder, and I hope we don't seen him there again, but not had a problem with him in a right hand berth so far.
I will remind you of this later in the season

Incidentally what were the scores in those two games (both against sides three leagues below us) when Sinnott looked decent?

Wigan aren't 3 leagues below us, and it was 1-1, and we were losing at Trafford when he came on and drew 2-2

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 07:38:23 PM »

I think Sinnott has looked half decent on both occasions in pre season that we've employed him on the right hand side of the pitch, both against Wigan and against Trafford. He'll never get praise at any point even if it's at detriment to the team because the dye has been cast. He's no central midfielder, and I hope we don't seen him there again, but not had a problem with him in a right hand berth so far.
I will remind you of this later in the season

Incidentally what were the scores in those two games (both against sides three leagues below us) when Sinnott looked decent?

I didn't realise that Wigan was three leagues below us. Must have missed something!!!!!

Jimmy

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 08:19:17 PM »

the 2 loan spells he has had he didn't look good enough in the middle or the right lets hope he improves and proves to be a decent player because we are going to see a lot of him and to be honest the dye was cast because of the 2 spells
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 08:42:12 PM by Jimmy »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 09:30:15 PM »

Half decent  you say , we need a fully decent performance from  him  .

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 11:11:41 PM »

How could I amend it, it would say edited at the bottom? And also you've quoted it, so it would still be on your post?  And everyone knows Jordan Sinnott didn't play at witton Albion?

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 11:29:51 PM »

How could I amend it, it would say edited at the bottom? And also you've quoted it, so it would still be on your post?  And everyone knows Jordan Sinnott didn't play at witton Albion?

Pete, with you all the way.
It seems to me some people on this forum just want to be negative to Lee and Jordan Sinnott.
Jordan Sinnott is not the best player Alty have ever signed, BUT he could be a good member of the squad.
For those who have been to some of the pre season games, Jordan can fit into more than one position.
As for his father, he has improved the team every year, and long may it continue.
Good luck for this season.
COME ON YOU MIGHTY ROBINS

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 11:40:21 PM »

Lee Sinnott has done a decent job but his son has failed in 2 previous spells he may look all right pre season when no one tackles why do people talk about anti Sinnott family the lad is not as good as Williams or wilkinson simple

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 11:58:02 PM »

Lee Sinnott has done a decent job but his son has failed in 2 previous spells he may look all right pre season when no one tackles why do people talk about anti Sinnott family the lad is not as good as Williams or wilkinson simple

So no tackles we're going on in the Wigan or Trafford game. Ask Densmore about that!!
'Lee Sinnott has done a decent job'!!
With the money  he has had, he has done a brilliant job.
He deserves a lot of credit.
Still think Jordan can do a job as a squad member.
I think Jimmy if you read a lot of posts on this forum, some people don't like The Sinnetts.
I do agree Jimmy that we should have kept Williams.

Jimmy

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 12:06:36 AM »

I don't go pre season never have and won't now I live 150 miles away but if that is the case about those games fair enough however the lad never tackled at the end of last season and to believe people don't rate Jordan Sinnott just because he is the managers lad is an insult to people's knowledge

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2015, 12:21:02 AM »

I don't go pre season never have and won't now I live 150 miles away but if that is the case about those games fair enough however the lad never tackled at the end of last season and to believe people don't rate Jordan Sinnott just because he is the managers lad is an insult to people's knowledge

Exactly.
Hope you can get to the games this year.

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 12:29:55 AM »

I will get to the games Thankyou just not midweek and northern away games what is the exactly for
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 12:36:36 AM by Jimmy »

brian1925

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 06:48:19 AM »

Most posters who have expressed concerns about Jordan Sinnott's arrival have been 100% supportive of Lee Sinnott. While I'm prepared to accept Jordan as an Alty player and wish the lad well, it doesn't alter the fact that the reason he was signed is because he is the manager's son, there's no point whatsoever pretending otherwise based on what I have seen. Having said that, I really hope the lad proves us all wrong and rams our doubts down our throats. I just don't see it happening and I worry about the impact his arrival will have on other players.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »

As for the team reaction, I am less concerned. If I remember correctly his goal at the end of last season was greeted with delight by the players.  The squad seems to me to be tight in that regard.

Jimmy

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 09:23:18 AM »

I agree it won't effect the harmony of the team but I agree with the rest of Brian's post
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Saturday