PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Saturday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Team for Saturday  (Read 13210 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team for Saturday
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2015, 02:50:46 PM »

I'd go with the team at the start of the thread with one exception. You must all promise not to laugh.

I'd play Jordan Sinnott in place of Nicky Clee and leave the overlapping to our full backs.

It seems the manager has been listening!

taxi Phil

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2015, 02:57:09 PM »

I've not gone to the game, but let's see how "my" lineup does.

Nicky isn't on the bench so may have a knock.

And of course Bowerman now enters the equation.

Jenga

« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2015, 06:36:41 PM »

No idea what the team is likely to be on Saturday when results matter.

What i am happy about is that by all accounts the squad is much more complete than last season.

Arguably a stronger first 11 and as the team knit together this will improve further, but what looks to be a solid bench now with no real gaps. We appear to have game changers on the bench, whoever those players will end up being.

Overall I am quite happy and looking forward to a promising season and an improvement on 2014-15.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »

If Jordan Sinnott ever starts over a fit Clee I will rip my season ticket up
Full time and proud of it

taxi Phil

« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2015, 08:41:42 PM »

You'd regret it by Easter......

Jimmy

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2015, 09:27:41 PM »

im afraid you will ripping it up Glyn

GB Alty

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2015, 10:02:56 PM »

What i am happy about is that by all accounts the squad is much more complete than last season.

Arguably a stronger first 11 and as the team knit together this will improve further, but what looks to be a solid bench now with no real gaps. We appear to have game changers on the bench, whoever those players will end up being.

I am sorry but your very much mistaken, this squad is by far the weakest we have had for a number of years

All the new players are poorer than the ones they have replaced with the possible exception of Rankine

Name a game changer who will be on the bench next week?

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »

Be careful now. I remember a member of this forum solemnly pledging never to attend another game while Sinnot is in charge (around 2 1/2 years ago). Of course he was full of sh*t and missed only a game or two! Lucky for him he didn't have the courage of his convictions or would have missed the excitement of the play off win!

Bath Alty

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 10:10:10 PM »

What?  It can't by far weaker than last year because the first XI is pretty much the same.  We have the same first XI, the same defensive back up,  a striker who is probably better than Perry and the rest of the bench is unproven who may or may not be better than last year's subs bench.  Not the progress we would have liked certainly but 'by far weaker' - no chance

GB Alty

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 10:27:11 PM »

What?  It can't by far weaker than last year because the first XI is pretty much the same.  We have the same first XI, the same defensive back up,  a striker who is probably better than Perry and the rest of the bench is unproven who may or may not be better than last year's subs bench.  Not the progress we would have liked certainly but 'by far weaker' - no chance
No we don't at all, what rubbish

Wasn't Cavanagh in the starting XI last season? (and will probably be replaced by Sinnott jnr)

How much weaker do you want?

joe

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 10:28:51 PM »

I am sorry but your very much mistaken, this squad is by far the weakest we have had for a number of years

All the new players are poorer than the ones they have replaced with the possible exception of Rankine

Name a game changer who will be on the bench next week?

Not sure it's by far the weakest squad we've had for years. Rankine and Bowerman are a massive improvement on Perry and Gillespie while Deasy is probably a slight improvement on Parton but on the flip side I'm not convinced O'Keefe and Griffith are quite as good as Williams and Cavanagh. Overall I'd say the squad overall is of a similar standard to last season.

GB Alty

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 10:32:38 PM »

Disagree Martin, as I said in the other thread I bet you £100 Bowerman doesn't score as many goals as Brooke

Bath Alty

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 10:36:29 PM »

Wasn't Cavanagh in the starting XI last season? (and will probably be replaced by Sinnott jnr)

So we've changed one player in the first XI, who was far from ever present, from the team that finished the higher up the pyramid than any Alty team for best part of a decade and we are 'by far the weakest squad we've had for years' - that's just complete nonsense.  Can't be bothered to do a like for like comparison with the squad that started 3 or 4 years ago but I'm fairly confident no-one would swap either of those squads for this one!

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2015, 10:38:33 PM »

How many games did  Cavanagh play in which he was neither booked  nor sent off ?  I bet it amounts to less than half the season. Though I'm not yet convinced about Griffith, who reminds me of Carl Rodgers.

Jimmy

« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2015, 10:39:59 PM »

Even without seeing bowerman I'd be gobsmacked if he was worse than Perry or Gillespie
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Saturday