News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bring it on

Author Topic: Bring it on  (Read 2901 times)

taxi Phil

Bring it on
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:38:58 AM »

Forest Green have only ever won once at Moss Lane.

We have never lost a match played on August 8th.

Let's get behind the lads....COME ON YOU ROBINS !!!!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Bring it on
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:28:48 AM »

The forest Green supporters seem confident

"I expect us to be the best Gloucestershire club for all the years Dale is at the helm. Alty, despite their 5 signings, will say goodbye to national league football again this year - that's why we need to be positive and ensure our season kicks off with a win. We were too tentative and defence minded in our first match last year and in both fixtures against Alty."

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:49:07 AM »

It's up to us to prove we belong at this level. We're bound to be viewed by many as relegation candidates, but we were in the same boat this time last year and proved many doubters wrong. It does look a harder league this year, but I believe we can do it.

As I've said previously, the hard start could prove a blessing in disguise as we caught Bristol Rovers at the right time last year and the better sides will only improve with time. Time to believe in ourselves and play with confidence, make our presence felt.

Good luck to everyone at the club for this new season ahead!
Come on Alty!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 10:09:51 AM »

We have a tight reasonably settled squad. Plenty of comings and goings at a number of the sides we face early doors. I can't remember a tougher first ten games on paper in recent times. But we have the ability, belief and continuity to take points in any game, especially early doors against unsettled sides

Who gave us a prayer against Stevenage in this opening day victory?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gQlF9Cug7qg

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:36:21 AM »

The forest Green supporters seem confident

"I expect us to be the best Gloucestershire club for all the years Dale is at the helm. Alty, despite their 5 signings, will say goodbye to national league football again this year - that's why we need to be positive and ensure our season kicks off with a win. We were too tentative and defence minded in our first match last year and in both fixtures against Alty."
its a quote that  isn't very well explained why should a team who finish 17th bring in 5 players and go down if he said the players in are worse than what they released his statement would make more sence

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 11:58:07 AM »

Really hope we get 3 points on Saturday against this horrible club.
They are one of the clubs tipped to do well so a draw wouldn't be a bad result.
Hope they bring some fans to generate some atmosphere.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 12:35:02 PM »

Really hope we get 3 points on Saturday against this horrible club.

This raises a point which I've had in mind for a while now. FGR are not a popular club with our fans as a whole, but given that the main reason for us disliking them (Colin Peake) is no longer associated with the club, have we actually got any particular axe to grind with them anymore? I mean I know they seek to impose their "alternative menu" on everyone who visits them and they have a poor grasp of dress etiquette, but as far as I can see they are no more or less objectionable than most other clubs we now encounter at this level. I am happy to be put right on this matter and have no particular affection for them myself as it goes. It just seems like a pointless rivalry to me.
Come on Alty!

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »

I probably agree

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »

I don't agree. No decent seats for visiting fans is another gripe. They're basically a village club with pretensions to things beyond their station.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 01:44:22 PM »

Why shouldn't a village team aim high
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:48:54 PM by Jimmy »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:56 AM »

With their menu at their ground I'm surprised they are not farting all the time. Can we think up a chant to include this by Saturday, just to amuse ourselves.

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 08:58:17 AM »

Apart from their truly horrible kit (I think we should definitely wear pink against them), I don't have a problem with this incarnation of FGR. They went up considerably in my estimations following the 2 2 draw last season. I felt they showed a lot of courage, especially when they went down to 10 men and I wish Jon Parkin played for us - top bloke who gives absolutely everything. Having said all that, I don't believe it would be good for the football league if they went up, but I have no problem if they do.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bring it on