PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: scaffolding, Popular Side  (Read 23111 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 05, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »

Is it still there??????

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: scaffolding, Popular Side
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »

This must be a wind up.

But just in case it is a genuine enquiry.....................yes it is still there and even bigger than last year.

There is no decent viewing position left on the pop side now.

In fact I would go as far as to say there are no really good viewing positions left in the ground apart from some central seats in the main stand.

Mr Woolf

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 06:49:31 PM »

Alty tv

Trouty

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »

In fact I would go as far as to say there are no really good viewing positions left in the ground apart from some central seats in the main stand.

Bit harsh

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 08:56:25 PM »

This must be a wind up.

But just in case it is a genuine enquiry.....................yes it is still there and even bigger than last year.

There is no decent viewing position left on the pop side now.

It isn't a wind up I asked in the forlorn hope that it would have shrunk somewhat.
Obviously it hasn't which is a pity....
We must be the only ground which has lost roughly 15% of its capacity

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:19:41 PM »

Bit harsh

I don't think its harsh to say that home fans now have no quality places to watch the game. With the middle of the popular side now out of bounds, and those flagstones now demolished, I reckon the best view outside of the main stand can now be found at the top of the away end. I can't think of anywhere else that would give you such an open view of the entire pitch? Lots of away fans have commented on the good view.

I think the view from the Golf Road end is bordering on poor, and when we attack the away end on the second half its an absolute nightmare if we're segregated at the half way line. That is my only real concern because although I'm not arsed about having a pristine view of the game, there is a point where you have a right to complain, and not being able to see your team defend for 45 minutes / having to look through a metal fence to see us attack is a bit of a joke really.

That is my only problem with the gantry, although I respect that it is 100% necessary.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:49:44 AM »

If the scaffolding is indeed bigger than last year then that's a huge disappointment. It seems that we're losing the popular side in order to provide broadcast facilities to those who don't / can't attend games for whatever reason. While I appreciate that we have a league obligation to film games, surely it could be done with a much smaller scaffolding structure. Like a lot of people, I prefer to watch the game from the end of the ground that we are attacking, but the view when we are attacking the away end is a shambles due to unnecessarily large sterile areas, scaffolding and crappy bits of metal fence tied together with string. Surely as a club we can do better than this.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 09:07:48 AM »

The club don't care.

People have been complaining about the scaffolding/segregation issue on the Popular Side for years and nothing's changed.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 09:12:50 AM »

The gantry needs to be around the half way line for a decent view/footage?  I brought a few pals down to the Macc game last year and we were pushed right up against scaffold bars with very little view it was dangerous and not worth paying for. If the club want to have this big gantry they need to invest in segregating the away fans on the chequers end not the home fans on the popular side, why cant they put some of that webbing up like seated stadiums do 3/4  across the away end?

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2015, 09:19:18 AM »

The club don't care.

People have been complaining about the scaffolding/segregation issue on the Popular Side for years and nothing's changed.
Sad but quite probably true.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

DanTheITMan

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2015, 12:26:32 PM »

Yes, Let's keep with the conspiracy theories shall we?
The "club" have an obligation to provide facilities for broadcast TV cameras and other media.
Radio Robins, Alty TV and, for this season at least, BT Sport (my job seems as though we had no other volunteers) all have to go up there.
Yes I appreciate it takes up a large surface area, but it's the only place we can go for the time being.

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 12:44:56 PM »

Yes, Let's keep with the conspiracy theories shall we?
The "club" have an obligation to provide facilities for broadcast TV cameras and other media.
Radio Robins, Alty TV and, for this season at least, BT Sport (my job seems as though we had no other volunteers) all have to go up there.
Yes I appreciate it takes up a large surface area, but it's the only place we can go for the time being.

Its hardly a conspiracy. If the powers at be were arsed then last season we wouldn't have been repeatedly segregated out of the final third of the popular side. Its well documented that people are pissed off with the gantry, yet hundreds had to bunch up around it. That is only going to bring further negativity towards it.

DanTheITMan

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 12:46:53 PM »

Its hardly a conspiracy. If the powers at be were arsed then last season we wouldn't have been repeatedly segregated out of the final third of the popular side. Its well documented that people are pissed off with the gantry, yet hundreds had to bunch up around it. That is only going to bring further negativity towards it.

OK, So given the obligation to provide these facilities, what else do you suggest?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 01:46:27 PM »

Put it on the roof, accessed by a metal building site type dog-leg staircase situated behind in the car park and protected by a lockable steel gate.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

DanTheITMan

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 02:21:03 PM »

Put it on the roof, accessed by a metal building site type dog-leg staircase situated behind in the car park and protected by a lockable steel gate.

Genuinely agree, great idea, would be much better for all concerned I guess.
I'm sure you wont mind organising the planning permission, fund raising etc to get this done?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team