PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: scaffolding, Popular Side  (Read 22996 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: scaffolding, Popular Side
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 02:34:03 PM »

Pity it couldn't have been incorporated on top of the community sport hall...
That said the fact remains it is not ideal in its present format. Funding or not....

DanTheITMan

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 02:49:09 PM »

Pity it couldn't have been incorporated on top of the community sport hall...
That said the fact remains it is not ideal in its present format. Funding or not....

Oh I agree Ray, as I'm sure Mark Bennett, Brian Flynn and the rest of the team do, but it's all down to available resources at the end of the day :-(

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 02:53:04 PM »

As has long been muted, the way to diffuse this situation is to tape off the final section of the chequers end, for 90% of visiting teams it isn't needed. York do exactly the same, it doesn't need fencing, just yellow and black tape and a couple of stewards stood inside it as a sterile area. Problem solved and home fans can use the full pop side for every game apart from about 3..... And leave them in there all game, the bar is busy enough at halftime with home fans.They can come in after for a pint, but segregation should be in place for EVERY league fixture, makes life easier for everyone.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2015, 02:57:39 PM »

As you can see last section taped off, steward in sterile area, no problem

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »

If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will see two pictures from when we played at work and it's the same, last section taped off

http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/alt0506d.htm

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

How long has this level of scaffolding been up? I'm sure it wasn't always like this?

And yes, it's exacerbated by this ridiculous idea that we have to provide cover for the away fans, lest the poor little lambs get wet or not have the wherewithal to bring a coat or sit in the main stand that holds over a thousand people.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 04:47:56 PM »

Personally I would tell BT Sports to Piss off . they won't be here anytime soon if at all this season. TV companies have far too much say in football these days. It's non league we watch Not the fkn Premiership.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 05:11:32 PM »

The scaffolding is plain ridiculous. I'd agree with other posters that some of the best vantage points are now denied to home fans,( at least those that prefer to stand) - Chequers end, flags, and pop side central section. Even at either side of the gantry the view is restricted.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2015, 05:57:28 PM »

Frankly the whole ground is looking like Steptoes Yard.
Sections of the pitch perimeter fencing is now held together by yet more scaffolding.
A portacabin at the end of the pop side seems to be empty and hardly adds to the esthetics.
The segregation fence is a real lash up. Even your average DIYer would not look at that with any pride.

Lets hope the community hall starts generating enough profit to enable us to spruce up the ground.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 06:45:06 PM »

To be honest I find the mantra of can't afford, who's paying/organising this, are you going to do it, rather tedious. If we want to play with the big boys we need to act like a proper professional club rather than some two bob outfit that makes do. Some of the jobs required are in the scheme of things not that large and seem to be no trouble for clubs much smaller than us. I'm also amazed that Trafford MBC actually accept that scaffolding and a flaming ladder on a spectator terrace as acceptable. As someone who works for a local authority and has considerable experience of Safety at Sports Grounds it is a mystery to me.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 07:55:54 PM »

I stand in the Golf Road, so not a major issue for me but..........

1) There is no real suitable standing on the half way line.
2) The pop side is blighted by scaffolding.
3) We have scaffolding on the chequers end which has only been used on a couple of occasions.
4) Do we still have the builders yard in the golf road end?
5) Do we still have the grass cutting equipment sat in the kiddies corner - not sure kids and grass cutting equipment go together, an insurance claim waiting to happen.
6) Part of the main stand cant even see the whole pitch.

I could go one in to the steps on the chequers, the barriers, the roof with holes, etc etc.

I am sure the club would love to have a pristine ground and i appreciate it wont happen in the short term at least, but surely some things can be sorted.

Here is a suggestion - the seats in the main stand with restricted view can be made into a TV / RR area? Remove some seats and bingo. Then all the scaffolding can come down and fans cant complain as they probably dont sit there anyway. The cameras can be placed on the first seat with full view - I hate to say it but I do think i may have hit on something here?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »

If fans can't see from the main stand how's Altytv supposed to film it? I believe the scaffolding
In the away end has been taken down.
Also Trafford Mbc are supposed to issue a safety certificate each season they used to do it during
The season so they could be entertained in the sponsors lounge.
@AltyDaz

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 08:54:43 PM »

If fans can't see from the main stand how's Altytv supposed to film it? I believe the scaffolding
You perhaps missed my point I think Darren as to what i can see in my head, perhaps not easy to explain but i will try in more detail.

I am suggesting removing some seats. Make an area, including a area for seating for the main commentator and the other commentator can sit in a restricted view seats whilst not commentating. This way it wont affect RR as that second commentator wont be fully reporting at that time. The camera goes in the first or second seating position which has full view.

So the area is maybe 10 seats long and two or three seating rows down and boarded off much like the tanoy area and can have room for a table etc. And the bonus is that Alty TV and RR could be behind glass and warmer and all the people on the pop side can see, people cant complain of restricted viewing in the main stand. Bingo all our problems are solved.

As a side issue, if it is not suitable for Alty TV, then what makes it suitable for paying fans to sit there.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 08:58:31 PM »

The gantry was built so that MUTV could show MUFC reserve games. They don't play at Mos Lane anymore. It's convenient for Alty TV and Radio Robins to use the gantry, but they are an add on, a luxury, nice to have but not the main event. They shouldn't be accomodated at the expense of being able to watch the game from the terraces.

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »

Personally I do think that Alty TV and RR should most definately be there, they do a great job, hence my suggestion of a nice cosy area in the main stand for them. They are volunteers well all said and done, so maybe something more permanent is needed, hence my suggestion :-)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side