PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: scaffolding, Popular Side  (Read 23151 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: scaffolding, Popular Side
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »

Jenga... I think what you suggest is a very good idea. With a bit of luck the powers that be may hopefully investigate the possibility of implementing your idea.

A positive response to a long standing problem

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »

Jenga great idea they used to film Mufc reserves games from there
But because of the 2 great big pillars that hold the roof it
It gave a obscure view. I agree something needs looking into.
@AltyDaz

GB Alty

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2015, 10:13:57 PM »

Personally I do think that Alty TV and RR should most definately be there, they do a great job, hence my suggestion of a nice cosy area in the main stand for them. They are volunteers well all said and done, so maybe something more permanent is needed, hence my suggestion :-)
Jenga, I think you miss the point. If the section of the stand doesn't have a clear view of the pitch how can you expect commentators to sit there. Also a number of fans are unhappy with the view from there, so if it not good enough for spectator view how could it be good enough for TV?

Jenga

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »

Personally I do think that Alty TV and RR should most definately be there, they do a great job, hence my suggestion of a nice cosy area in the main stand for them. They are volunteers well all said and done, so maybe something more permanent is needed, hence my suggestion :-)
Jenga, I think you miss the point. If the section of the stand doesn't have a clear view of the pitch how can you expect commentators to sit there. Also a number of fans are unhappy with the view from there, so if it not good enough for spectator view how could it be good enough for TV?
Read what i said again please.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 11:06:40 PM »

Jenga forgive me if i misread this but if you take out seats a few rows down from the press box, and then board and glaze it, you are potentially using up what is already a reduced number of seats available with a decent view; potentially dislodging season ticket holders from their seats, and blocking the view of those behind or even sat to the side, not to mention the press box. It would solve the popular side problem but create similar problems in the main stand. Again, apologies if i read it wrong.

Put a smaller gantry on the popular side which doesnt require as much scaffolding (as we have had in the past) and have radio robins by the main stand press box.

Would that work? Or do radio robins and alty tv need to be together? All hypothetical to be fair anyway.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 11:19:40 PM »

I haven't read all the posts so I apologise if I repeat suggestions. Firstly just keep all games segregated, if needed set up higher fencing in the far corner, it's always a better atmosphere too, I enjoy the banter and look forward to the second half - as mentioned there is only a handful of games which need distance segregation. The scaffolding is a problem and I don't know why they don't use supports from the stand roof to hold the recording area, it would then be like a floating platform with no metal underneath. Then have a twisted staircase at the back of the stand leading up. You can't film it from the stand and have running commentary it would cause a load of complaints from those paying extra to sit, they don't want Flynny screaming in the stand haha! All costs money but support scaffolding from the roof!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 11:26:36 PM »

Just another observation...........maybe been said before............but previously the scaffold TV gantry in the central section of the Popside was an 'underslung' scaffold i.e. it was supported from the steel roof beams and meant that people could stand beneath it and even if they could not, the view was not restricted by scaffolding because it was at high level

The TV gantry is now a 'bottom-up' scaffold in that it is supported from the floor. Why did it need to change - maybe the extra weight of extra persons and equipment using the gantry? If it could be changed back (£££) and a the 'York City' style sterile area adopted, then I think it would solve a lot of the points associated with restricted views and vantage points
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 11:35:35 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 11:28:26 PM »

Oh ................Mr Needham beat me to it with his post
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 11:49:25 PM »

I have a photo of what I mean but it won't attach using my phone. Basically a floating platform, the stand roof should have supporting bars and if not they can be easily fitted but it all costs a lot of money. Would look smart though!

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile

Mr Woolf

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2015, 06:39:50 AM »

Some great posts on this thread and i think jenga makes some good points, many things are in need of urgent attention, perhaps some of the watmore money could be used for this? Anyone any idea how much we got for him?

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2015, 07:18:14 AM »

Bearing in mind all our close season signings were free, and we still owe the best part of 60k on the sportshall I would say there was very little in the coffers to spend on anything to do with changing the camera stanchions.

For now things will probrably have to stay as they are; these are the sort of things that may come with a cup run, whenever that may happen. The club is a on a very tight budget, has commitments and therefore must prioritise it's spending, even though I agree with many of the comments.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 08:17:30 AM »

Doesn't the sports hall run its own budget and funding is separate from the football club?

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 08:23:56 AM »

I think it is worth summarising / restating the problem statement, which would seem to be; "a combination of the TV gantry setup and the way we segregate is seriously undermining the ability for home supporters to watch the game from the popular side"

The next step for me is to come up with a solution, or preferably solutions for this problem, along the lines of many of the posts on this topic.  If we had more than one viable solution, we could cost them both and potentially then have a single costed preference.

This could then be publicised as an ambition by the club, along the lines of "before the start of next season / as soon as we can raise £x thousand we will set up a new tv gantry meeting the following criteria and implement a new segregation model as follows"

We would all know the end state ambition, the length of time we would have to put up with the existing arrangements and this would clearly be less frustrating than the current situation

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 08:33:57 AM »

It starts with keeping the segregation in place to me. It's all very well being accommodating, but everyone knows the state of play if it's rigid every game. Give travelling clubs the 60 seats nearest the away end in the family stand on the proviso it's zero tolerance to any unruly behaviour. Problem solved.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side