PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: scaffolding, Popular Side  (Read 22998 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: scaffolding, Popular Side
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 08:44:07 AM »

Some very good posts on this topic... I agree that some sort of comment from the club to indicate the way forward with this topic would at least put people minds at rest. I fully understand the monetary situation but just talking about it on here will not solve the problem...

Totally agree that consistent and sensible segregation is a good way to kick this off. Let's start it tomorrow and set the standard for the season...

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »

Hopefully plans including fundraising will be put in place this season , an announcement  from the club would be good. I would think about changing the family stand to an away stand.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 09:56:38 AM »

Just to echo what Pete said, really, I think we need to make the best of a bad situation here. In the absence of funds to make alterations to the structure of the popular side, we should at least ensure that our fans can move all the way down to the bottom of the pop side when segregation is in place and not just half way along. Get rid of the fences that are currently used for the midway segregation and clear as much of the clutter as reasonably possible. If a sterile area is required, make it part of the away end instead of the home end and if away fans want a roof, let them pay to sit in the stand.

A long term solution for the camera gantry can be found in due course, but there are still things that could be done in the meantime at little or no cost to alleviate the effect it is having on our paying customers.
Come on Alty!

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2015, 12:54:41 PM »

The point I most agree with is that we should segregate every match. It's detrimental to the atmosphere when free roaming is allowed and gives away fans the opportunity to use the roof to make themselves heard in our ground. Every game should be segregated at this level regardless of travelling numbers whether it be 10 from Boreham Wood or 1000 from Tranmere.

It's important that we utilise every possibly advantage to gain points at home in my opinion and segregation is one of them.

Alty FC Idol

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2015, 01:41:48 PM »

I appreciate it will cost but something like they have at Bath City would be ideal?

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »

I think it is worth summarising / restating the problem statement, which would seem to be; "a combination of the TV gantry setup and the way we segregate is seriously undermining the ability for home supporters to watch the game from the popular side"

The next step for me is to come up with a solution, or preferably solutions for this problem, along the lines of many of the posts on this topic.  If we had more than one viable solution, we could cost them both and potentially then have a single costed preference.

This could then be publicised as an ambition by the club, along the lines of "before the start of next season / as soon as we can raise £x thousand we will set up a new tv gantry meeting the following criteria and implement a new segregation model as follows"

We would all know the end state ambition, the length of time we would have to put up with the existing arrangements and this would clearly be less frustrating than the current situation

You really are a management guru  ;D............Mission Statements; realising synergies, building stakeholder confidence etc................but I do agree, the club needs every spare penny for the squad and we will have to find a workaround rather than building a new main stand to house the new media centre
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 01:59:08 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »

In that case I challenge the club to get a quote for building a gantry like the Bath City one. When my standing order for the CSH tellies runs out I'd be happy to renew it to contribute to a new TV gantry.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2015, 07:21:47 PM »

A side discussion that has evolved through this involves seating for away fans. I strongly believe away fans should not be allowed entry to the main stand, it makes a mockery of segregation elsewhere, the idea of making a small section of the family stand open to away fans with demarcation is a good one. We should be making a few seats available but restricted to those supporters who find it difficult or are unable to stand for two hours. We should also be introducing a covered area for disabled supporters  with a seat for a carer or friend adjacent, three or four spaces could be added on the flat bit of the away end reasonably cheaply. We need to remember that the Equalities Act applies to us and failure to provide provision could lead to legal action against the club.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2015, 07:29:07 PM »

A side discussion that has evolved through this involves seating for away fans. I strongly believe away fans should not be allowed entry to the main stand, it makes a mockery of segregation elsewhere, the idea of making a small section of the family stand open to away fans with demarcation is a good one. We should be making a few seats available but restricted to those supporters who find it difficult or are unable to stand for two hours. We should also be introducing a covered area for disabled supporters  with a seat for a carer or friend adjacent, three or four spaces could be added on the flat bit of the away end reasonably cheaply. We need to remember that the Equalities Act applies to us and failure to provide provision could lead to legal action against the club.

Are you suggesting we only allow away fans to sit if they have walking difficulties etc.?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2015, 07:35:06 PM »

If seating is to be safe, relatively segregated and not taken over by big numbers from larger clubs, then yes. If a team bring a small number who can be trusted to behave then no. First dibs to those who need it, easy to do by ticketing for higher profile fixtures. Also, no, not walking difficulties, people who can't stand for two hours, older people, people struggling with younger kids, pregnant women, may I also say larger people.......people who have genuine difficulties. The buses and trains can manage it!  :o
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:40:05 PM by SW »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »

If seating is to be safe, relatively segregated and not taken over by big numbers from larger clubs, then yes. If a team bring a small number who can be trusted to behave then no. First dibs to those who need it, easy to do by ticketing for higher profile fixtures. Also, no, not walking difficulties, people who can't stand for two hours, older people, people struggling with younger kids, pregnant women, may I also say larger people.......people who have genuine difficulties. The buses and trains can manage it!  :o

How would it work with younger, healthy fans who could stand easily yet wanted to watch the game with an older, less mobile relative who needed to sit for health reasons?  That was my situation for a lot of last season and I daresay it applies to others too.

I'm not saying this to be awkward, and I agree with you that the level of terrace segregation is laughable when there is none in the stands. But if you start restricting normal seats to certain people based on their ability to stand then that is opening up a big can of worms.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2015, 08:17:38 PM »

Suggested away fans seats segregated a few years ago when I was safety officer
Got told no they want do tickets as its more expensive plus putting a sterile area
In reduces the seats available, Also it's classed as a family stand by the club and
Also where the sponsors sits. A bit of thought it probably could be done.
The facilities i.e. toilets need improving also etc
@AltyDaz

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2015, 08:32:08 PM »

How would it work with younger, healthy fans who could stand easily yet wanted to watch the game with an older, less mobile relative who needed to sit for health reasons?  That was my situation for a lot of last season and I daresay it applies to others too.

I'm not saying this to be awkward, and I agree with you that the level of terrace segregation is laughable when there is none in the stands. But if you start restricting normal seats to certain people based on their ability to stand then that is opening up a big can of worms.

No, it is customary to allow friends and carers into the same section. Easily by ticket or common sense stewarding which we already have in abundance. Allow the first two or three rows then decide on the day. Tickets if it is A big club.

Jenga

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »

Got told no they want do tickets as its more expensive plus putting a sterile area
In reduces the seats available, Also it's classed as a family stand by the club and

Whilst i like the idea of the club remaining family orientated, the league has changed so much in recent years the club needs to move with the times. We need segregation, we need a seated section for the away supporters. We need to bring the club up to date in its ideas in my opinion to represent the present and the future, not the past.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2015, 08:43:01 PM »

Whilst i like the idea of the club remaining family orientated, the league has changed so much in recent years the club needs to move with the times. We need segregation, we need a seated section for the away supporters. We need to bring the club up to date in its ideas in my opinion to represent the present and the future, not the past.

I agree the league is full of ex league clubs and some have big following s
The only problem is money for improvements and to pay staff to make,sure we
Have the right staffing levels for  the changes.
@AltyDaz
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side