PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: scaffolding, Popular Side  (Read 23092 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: scaffolding, Popular Side
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2015, 08:54:40 PM »

If seating is to be safe, relatively segregated and not taken over by big numbers from larger clubs, then yes. If a team bring a small number who can be trusted to behave then no. First dibs to those who need it, easy to do by ticketing for higher profile fixtures. Also, no, not walking difficulties, people who can't stand for two hours, older people, people struggling with younger kids, pregnant women, may I also say larger people.......people who have genuine difficulties. The buses and trains can manage it!  :o

How would it work with younger, healthy fans who could stand easily yet wanted to watch the game with an older, less mobile relative who needed to sit for health reasons?  That was my situation for a lot of last season and I daresay it applies to others too.

I'm not saying this to be awkward, and I agree with you that the level of terrace segregation is laughable when there is none in the stands. But if you start restricting normal seats to certain people based on their ability to stand then that is opening up a big can of worms.

No, it is customary to allow friends and carers into the same section. Easily by ticket or common sense stewarding which we already have in abundance. Allow the first two or three rows then decide on the day. Tickets if it is A big club.

So if was, say, Macc. You would make the seated areas all ticket but restrict Macc seats to people who couldnt stand unless it was an accompanying friend? 

How does somebody prove they cannot stand?  Doctors notes at the turnstiles? Do you restrict how many friends they can bring?

Easier to make the bigger home matches all ticket for the stands but no restrictions on whether you can stand or not. The extra income would probably cover stewarding, policing anyway.

roytonmike

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2015, 08:57:48 PM »

I'm glad that the fact that the 'family stand' is also the area for sponsors' seating has at last been mentioned. Assuming that the venue for the sponsors' pre-match meal & half-time refreshments remains the same the area where they then sit can't change and to have visiting supporters in that same area on a regular basis would seem inappropriate. It's a difficult issue - if money were no object the open end could be revamped with a low roof (I doubt anything higher than the present rear wall would get past the planning authorities) and a small section of seating (Cambridge managed this a while ago by angling the seats so as not to impair views) and then given over - much as I hate the idea - to visiting supporters. Money, however, is tight so alternative solutions are needed. A 'sterile area' - if needed - could be created by blocking off the area of the open terrace nearest to the Pop Side; this would still leave more than enough space for most of our visitors. If we expect to be allocated seating at those away grounds where a mix of accommodation is available we really have to offer that facility ourselves, so some seats in the Main Stand appears the only viable option at the moment.
As for the Pop Side scaffolding, it is an eyesore, it is in the way, but at the moment I see no alternative given that we have to facilitate cameras. Hopefully someone will put their mind to the problem during the season.

Jenga

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2015, 09:41:05 PM »

I think the time has come to make our ground an all seater stadium.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2015, 09:44:37 PM »

It seems like the new "ask the board" section in the programme is asn ideal conduit to ask for intentions on this area.

I'm a main stand sitter, and I dislike it when a big away crowd is in, unless we are winning - Bristol game last season springs to mid  as highly entertaining

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2015, 01:26:33 AM »

It seems like the new "ask the board" section in the programme is asn ideal conduit to ask for intentions on this area.

I'm a main stand sitter, and I dislike it when a big away crowd is in, unless we are winning - Bristol game last season springs to mid  as highly entertaining

Chester on New Year's Day was even more amusing!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2015, 09:55:27 PM »

Or either of the home macc games ;-)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2015, 10:06:54 PM »

I know theres  no money but the holes at the back of the popular side nearest the golf road end  also could do with sorting.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2015, 06:54:59 AM »

And replacing what looks suspiciously like asbestos sheeting all over the ground.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 scaffolding, Popular Side