PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how bad was that ?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how bad was that ?  (Read 5746 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: how bad was that ?
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2015, 08:29:21 AM »

I think I must be the only one that quite enjoyed the game

What planet are you living on?

It was a horrid game, both sides were poor. They took a half chance and it always looked likely in the second half. I think we gave them far too much respect in the second half after a promising first 45. We have no cutting edge at the moment. Sinnott Jr was our best player.

Sinnott Jr was MOTM

I agree with that choice of MOTM he put a good shift in today

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2015, 09:20:50 AM »

It was a tight poor game. But since when on corners do we not have a man on the front post? They might not have scored if we had the position covered. I was worried when I saw no Nicky and Simon n the squad and thus it proved.

Lets hope we find our scoring boots soon and get some points on the board.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 09:36:27 AM »

I thought the first half was 50/50. Second half FGR decided the long and very high ball was the way to go and stopped us trying to play football. Their keeper's kicks were higher than those of Willie Le Roux. Even their own fans said it was awful. I knew we would eventually get caught with a cross in the box as eventually one would find Parkin. However I give credit to Mash and Luca for dealing with most of them. I hope we have a plan to counter the tactics of the teams at the bottom unlike last season. I agree we miss Nicky as he our most creative player and always worries defenders.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 09:41:17 AM »

When you see no Clee, Richman and Lawrie on LW you know its going to be a tough afternoon. Set off really well and shaded the 1st half, 2nd half not in the match at all.

If its true and weekly wage bill is £40k then they have more worries than us.

Thought Havern was MOM but no complaints about Sinnott getting it.

What was with Marshall taking a short free kick with seconds left in the 1st half? Bizarre

Tuesdays game will tell us a lot more about where we are.

Most annoying part of the day was the fact the Wainwright's ran out.
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 09:49:40 AM »

I think Sinnott was probably man of the match but when a lively first 10 minutes is enough to win man of the match it shows how creative we were without richman no energy and fight in midfield and like always without clee no creativity some on here would not play clee which is ridiculous forest green deserved the win without being great although we looked poor we will play worse sides and be much better with clee and richman

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 09:52:36 AM »

I think the game was tepid apart from the first 10 minutes. As mentioned elsewhere we greatly miss both Simon and Nicky. I would have put crowther on for lawrie from the start. I also would have made changes 10 mins before FGR scored because the goal was coming. Need to get the ball rolling at Guiseley on Tuesday. Do we know the timescale of Simon and nickys injury. If they are to be missing on Tuesday we should play three centre backs because we've no width anyway. Or if we are going with same formation start crowther or bowerman on the left

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »

Although we have just competed closely with a favourite for promotion i refer to my pre season post and in particular my worries about the same old concern about lawrie on lw in nickys absence and who plays right etc etc....
Oh sorry that wad a trouble making post apparently rather than a genuine worry / prediction for the season ahead...
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 how bad was that ?