PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - MATCH THREAD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Guiseley - MATCH THREAD  (Read 15294 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Guiseley - MATCH THREAD
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:09:01 PM »

So then, who's travelling over to Guiseley on Tuesday? Bit disappointed with yesterday attendance, but only too be expected with so many people away. I'll be going, not sure how yet but probably going to book coach tomorrow. Not looking promising for richman and clee for Tuesday, but fingers crossed. Not a happy hunting ground for us at nethermoor, don't think we've ever won there. Sounds like only poor finishing stopped them coming home from welling with 3 points if you listen to mark bowers interview

Wonder if we will go two upfront again, I note that Danny boshell didn't play yesterday

andrewflynn

Re: Guiseley - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 04:31:22 PM »

I'll be there, booked on the coach earlier in the week. We can take confidence in the fact that for the most part we were very organised against Forest Green. I was actually impressed with our midfield in the first half considering we had no Richman.

As far as the team goes, I'd keep it the same as Saturday unless Clee or Richman become available: Coburn, Densmore, Havern, Marshall, Griffin / Sinnott, Moult, O'Keefe, Lawrie / Rankine, Reeves. Can't be doing with Lawrie on the left to be honest, never seen him have a top game when out wide, but I'd have him over Crowther.

Prediction, a very hard earned 1-1 draw.

Guiseley fan

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 04:52:15 PM »

I note that Danny boshell didn't play yesterday

Danny Boshell suspended  for 3 games.

Anyone travelling by car use the Netherfield road car park and walk over the Railway bridge a few parking tickets was given out by the police in some of the pre season games people parking on the streets round the ground.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 05:13:15 PM by Guiseley fan »

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »

Can't decide whether to go yet as it's a 1.25 hour drive back to Shropshire from Alty when the coach gets back.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 05:05:46 PM »

i
I would consider Crowther over Lawrie on the left , needs to be given a chance otherwise 3 centre backs if Clee isnt fit.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 05:20:38 PM »

i
I would consider Crowther over Lawrie on the left , needs to be given a chance otherwise 3 centre backs if Clee isnt fit.

He had all last season
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 05:31:48 PM »

If Sinnott keeps him rightly or wrongly surely with us creating 1 half chance in 90 minutes they can give him a go in fact non of the 4 in midfield would be unlucky if they lost there place hard to blame defence or forwards
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:09:24 PM by Jimmy »

Jimmy

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:33:35 PM »

Anyone travelling by car use the Netherfield road car park and walk over the Railway bridge a few parking tickets was given out by the police in some of the pre season games people parking on the streets round the ground.
good news for us about boshell easily are best central midfielder in the Sinnott era

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 07:19:04 PM »

good news for us about boshell easily are best central midfielder in the Sinnott era

To be honest I don't think he's anything outstanding at this level. We play midfielders of the same or better standard on a weekly basis now.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »

It's all about opinions but I'd say we lost 1 game in about 25  that boshell played in and that was away at Chester with no clee and watmore  that day however  it was a different level but they were not better when they played alongside him
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:33:29 PM by Jimmy »

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 10:52:17 AM »

A couple of years older or not, I'd much sooner face Guiseley without him playing. Big opportunity to get off the blocks tomorrow. With Woking and Grimsby to follow, it would be good to get a result. A first ever win at nethermoor after a couple of near misses would be most welcome. Not looking hopeful for Nicky or Simon, but fingers crossed they are passed fit

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 11:43:39 AM »

I've booked on the bigger coach now, looking forward to it.

andrewflynn

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 03:22:35 PM »

Guiseley's highlights of the game at Welling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrS5i_PKc5o&sns=tw

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 04:54:47 PM »

I am going.

Amazingly corporate hospitality so i probably wont be stood with you guys, i am likely to be in the Guiseley end or at least stood half way line.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 05:05:18 PM »

Can't decide whether to go yet as it's a 1.25 hour drive back to Shropshire from Alty when the coach gets back.
I'm driving from Ellesmere if you are close?  PM me
Bernard Taylors barmy army
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - MATCH THREAD