PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Guiseley - MATCH THREAD  (Read 15292 times)

Mr Woolf

Re: Guiseley - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 09:16:51 PM »

We need to get Sinnot off. He's having a shocker.

Not sure how you have managed to single him out, all wank apart from stu

Mr Woolf

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 09:36:13 PM »

Deep deep trouble already

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 09:47:14 PM »

We need a creative player ASAP or we're in big trouble! Clee will miss as many games as he plays and without him we are devoid of any creativity whatsoever!!

Bath Alty

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 09:56:53 PM »

If we can all see 3 at the back was the way to go I assumed LS had a reason for not liking it otherwise he would have tried it pre-season but no Lee is happy to use it but only when we only have two fit centre halves at the club, very strange.  As was said above most of the team picks itself in that formation and gets all our best players on the pitch.  I agree Clee doesn't fit naturally into this but we could play Nicky at wing back for the first hour or so and then bring Griff on.  Get nicky off before he gets tired and is more likely to pick up another niggle.

We have Crowther as cover for Lawrie in that formation too so options to get / keep creativity from it.  I thought it had potential so was disappointed LS didn't try it pre-season and then amazed he rolled it out when Luca went off.  If we are going to play this way we need another CB at least short term.

Hamilton

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »

If we can all see 3 at the back was the way to go I assumed LS had a reason for not liking it otherwise he would have tried it pre-season but no Lee is happy to use it but only when we only have two fit centre halves at the club, very strange.  As was said above most of the team picks itself in that formation and gets all our best players on the pitch.  I agree Clee doesn't fit naturally into this but we could play Nicky at wing back for the first hour or so and then bring Griff on.  Get nicky off before he gets tired and is more likely to pick up another niggle.

We have Crowther as cover for Lawrie in that formation too so options to get / keep creativity from it.  I thought it had potential so was disappointed LS didn't try it pre-season and then amazed he rolled it out when Luca went off.  If we are going to play this way we need another CB at least short term.

Another Ryan Shotton would do for me!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 11:02:17 PM »

I actually thought Stu, the back four (especially Griffin) and Rankine and (to a lesser extent) Reeves were excellent. I jut thought it odd we played 442 with the worst two wingers I've ever seen (although I like Lawrie and Sinnott was better in centre mid second half).

Anyone who ever thinks we shouldn't play Nicky Clee knows absolutely f**k all about football and is a waste of band width.

The penalty was the clearest I've seen for years.

Oh and stop fing taking Reeves off. That's how we got relegated last time ffs!!

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 11:24:43 PM »

I actually thought Stu, the back four (especially Griffin) and Rankine and (to a lesser extent) Reeves were excellent. I jut thought it odd we played 442 with the worst two wingers I've ever seen (although I like Lawrie and Sinnott was better in centre mid second half).

Anyone who ever thinks we shouldn't play Nicky Clee knows absolutely f**k all about football and is a waste of band width.

He was better because he barely touched the ball so didn't f*ck up any promising moves. He is utter sh*te and shouldn't be on the pitch. How the hell he was MOTM on Saturday I'll never know. Perhaps it stands for Muppet of the Match.

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 11:31:36 PM »

So, Jordan Sinnott is being made the scapegoat already? He was one of our better players on Saturday and I can't think of many others that merited MOTM

Jimmy

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 11:35:31 PM »

I don't think he is good enough but a lively first 10 minutes was enough to win him man of the match which says more about the teams performance can't comment about tonight didn't go however I was gobsmacked when I heard we started with the same 11 despite a poor display on Saturday
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 11:38:33 PM by Jimmy »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 11:49:26 PM »

I didn't got tonight though I can see Rankine and Sinnott playing most games which can only mean 442. I hate to say it but it's got 2010/11 all over it already. Hopefully I'm wrong and we'll win at Woking on Saturday.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 12:13:20 AM »

So, Jordan Sinnott is being made the scapegoat already? He was one of our better players on Saturday and I can't think of many others that merited MOTM

I was being as fair as I can be. His first 45 minutes tonight was utter sh*te, about as bad as it gets. No scapegoat snout it, if you think otherwise I'd love to know how. But defending that is as bad as being critical. Open your eyes.

andrewflynn

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 12:26:36 AM »

As our players were applauded and encouraged as they walked off at half-time, I knew that we'd see something different in the second half. We went to 3-5-2 and we were better, but make no mistake about it, it wasn't going to be hard to improve on how we started the game.

The first twenty-five minutes of the game were shambolic. They went forward like we weren't there, we couldn't string three passes together and we were second to everything. It was clear enough to most of us that it was because we were lacking the extra body in midfield, so it was no surprise to see the changes that happened at half-time, I just think they should have come ten minutes into the game.

Did we deserve something on the balance of play? Probably not. Although we were denied a penalty in what will go down as one of the most disgraceful no-calls in our history, we still didn't create anything near what you'd call a clean cut chance. In fact I'd say that for all of our possession in the second half it was still Guiseley who looked more like scoring through quick breaks, and if it wasn't for Stuart Coburn (our MOTM by a country mile) the game would have been out of sight pretty early on.

Damian Reeves looked pissed off at the end and rightly so, must be frustrating being substituted when you're a goal down, but Bowerman was a headless chicken when he came on (he has a right gob on him by the way.) Michael Rankine was certainly our best outfield player, he worked extremely hard. I wasn't even going to mention Jordan Sinnott because I didn't feel like it was needed, but in the interest of addressing this 'scapegoat' topic, the entire midfield had a nightmare in the first half.

Last season we very occasionally got away with a four man midfield because we had a player of Peter Cavanagh's quality. We probably need to bite the bullet early doors and face up to the fact that we haven't adequately replaced him. We need to start packing the midfield with five players and accept that we aren't technically good enough to keep the ball with two central midfielders (especially when Richman is out.)

Hope Luca's injury isn't as bad as it looked when he was helped down the tunnel at half-time.

Get your heads up.

Edit: I should add that I said before the game I'd go with the same team as Saturday. Unhappily proved very wrong on that one.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:40:51 AM by An Arabian Investor »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 07:48:52 AM »

Agree with almost all of this except the reeves bit.  For the second game running he spurred a clean goal scoring opportunity the likes he would have scored easily a while ago.  He looks down on form and confidence.  By the time he was substituted he looked knackered so fresh legs and a fresh idea did make sense for me.  Rankine is different class and looks a cut above in both effort and performance.  I'd play one up front and it would be rankine not reeves.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2015, 07:54:55 AM »

I'd play them both but get some good midfielders and wingers. Reeves spent half the match last night defending, even ending up at right back at times while Rankine was also defending.

Reeves has been found out? Do behave will you!

ffs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »

I think we would be better playing both, but we were cut to shreds in midfield last night. Hopefully get some clarification on havern richman and clee today.
We miss Simons energy and nickys invention greatly. For all our 2nd half possession we created little.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - MATCH THREAD