PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Guiseley - MATCH THREAD  (Read 15160 times)

brian1925

Re: Guiseley - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2015, 08:40:20 AM »

I largely agree with Toff Apple, though I wouldn't drop Reeves. I know some players are beyond criticism on this forum Ballers, but Reevesy was completely anonymous last night. He did miss a great chance early doors and I honestly don't remember seeing him again. You (and others)can ffs as much as you like - he was just one of many players (established and new) who didn't show up last night. Has he been found out? Well, if the opposition see him as the main, nay, only goal threat, then perhaps he has. We need Nicky back to preoccupy other defenders and we need to decide once and for all whether we'd be better off playing Reevesy alone up front rather than with a partner. Rankine looked like he could be effective as a centre half at this level - he didn't lose the ball in the air once.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2015, 09:23:29 AM »

Joey Barton would sort the midfield out.  Free agent and all!
Full time and proud of it

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2015, 10:16:25 AM »

Reeves would do better of he wasn't defending, his work rate was superb last night, and if he got better service.

I don't deny he's not Alan Shearer and his game is based on running behind defenders and poaching goals in the penalty area. To say he was quiet is fine but 'found out' is an absolutely ridiculous statement. You have to bear in mind there was zero threat from either flank and the defenders could concentrate completely on Reeves. and that their centre half Lockwood was excellent.

Also, I'm mighty glad their no 7 Brooksby was injured for the play off final!!

Jimmy

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2015, 11:35:44 AM »

If reeves has been found out we won't make 25 points this season I believe he will still be comfortabley are top scorer

ripleym

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2015, 12:51:49 PM »

Both opening games the service to the forwards has been awful.  We start with the right intention, of playing out from the back, but we are not holding onto the ball in midfield.  Also, Marshall's distribution is too slow; he seems to want 5 minutes to get his head up and find a pass at times.

When the passing game breaks down, we revert to the long ball.  While Rankine is effective at this, ie he can either hold up or turn and run, his only outlet is Reeves, as nobody else appears to be backing up the attacks.

Guiseley were zipping that ball around first half, and not all of that was due to our formation.  Their movement was superb.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »

If reeves has been found out we won't make 25 points this season I believe he will still be comfortabley are top scorer
totally agree
ParkINson's red and white army
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Guiseley - MATCH THREAD