PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big big trouble
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Big big trouble  (Read 8417 times)

Mr Woolf

Big big trouble
« on: August 15, 2015, 05:09:55 PM »

where is the first goal going to come from??? Grimsby at home on Tuesday, can't wait......

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Big big trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:15:16 PM »

The longer Reeves is off the pitch the bigger the trouble.

Doesn't matter what form he is or isn't in he's the only one  likely to score.

The last manager who didn't start him took us down
Full time and proud of it

ALTYGAL

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 05:23:03 PM »

3 games, no goals, no idea, BIG TROUBLE.

what words of wisdom will sinnout have to say now??

I am totally disillusioned with the whole thing, no ambition 😕

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:23 PM »

Very poor start to the season ... next 2 games needs to see at least 1 win or we could be in deep sh*t
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »

Woking, Guiseley and FGR, to be honest, i would have thought we might have had some points on the board and 3 or 4 goals.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 05:26:23 PM »

When was the last league game we won ?

Alty-J

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 05:29:26 PM »

Not great

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 05:34:07 PM »

7 games since our last win I work it out as

brian1925

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 05:42:32 PM »

To be fair, it did sound like we were better today. However, playing 2 up front has been deemed a completely pointless tactic, as we are sadly lacking creativity in the middle of the park - scores of nil, nil and nil sort of back that up! Funnily enough, I don't think it makes a great deal of difference who the ONE up front is (Reevesy, Rankine, Bowerman), so long as Nicky plays and is fully fit and on his game. I think it'll be strangely better on Tuesday, but it didn't stop me joking with my Southport mate that we could be playing them on Bank Holiday Monday without a single goal between us!!!!

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 05:52:33 PM »

If we lose on Tues we'll be one less point than I anticipated (Guiseley) and one point less than the corresponding fixtures last year (if you subs Guiseley for Telford). Dissapointed yes, but not reaching for my lynching kit either. I'll dig that out for Blyth revisited...

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »

First time I've seen us this season and we were weren't terrible but....

First goal we went from a throw in the Woking half to conceding in less than 30 seconds. Marshall got turned far too easily and then someone should have taken their man out then and taken one for the team, if your being harsh Stuart should have parried it to the side more as well, Sole doesn't miss them. Rankine up front on his own and I think we do have to play 1 up top away a lot has the strength but he's not really a goal scorer, couldnt sort his feet out quickly with a presentable chance in the box in the first half is a case in point.

Second half Clee comes on and looks threatening but nowhere near match fit yet. Reeves also comes on but we huffed and puffed second half in truth. Woking's fans who elected not to walk round to the end they were attacking second half were predictably tedious.

The fixtures have not fallen kindly for us in truth at the start of the season but plenty of time yet. Will be at Dover next Saturday as ever, come on Alty!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:59:18 PM by Sarf London Alty »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 06:13:00 PM »

I listened to the commentary today on RR. I wouldn't say "Big Trouble" just yet. I didn't understand why the manager  took Bowerman off though, he seemed the most likely to get us a goal..

Having said that i am a bit worried to say I'm not sure that we can survive in this league just on free transfers alone. I would like to see a little bit of cash spent on actually paying a fee for a player.. Sadly I think that is the way ahead if we want to play in the highest echelon of non league  football in this day and age.

I hope the current crop of players prove me wrong and I do believe they give their best effort..

eightiesrobin

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »

When was the last league game we won ?

Good Friday, 3rd April 2015, seven consecutive defeats since, 3 goals scored.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2015, 07:40:30 PM »

First goal we went from a throw in the Woking half to conceding in less than 30 seconds. Marshall got turned far too easily and then someone should have taken their man out then and taken one for the team, if your being harsh Stuart should have parried it to the side more as well, Sole doesn't miss them.

We have developed a nasty habit of conceding very quickly from apparently unthreatening positions. The defenders are very often very slow to react and almost wait for someone else to do something. As for Tom Marshall, well you lot voted him player of the year.

brian1925

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 08:03:18 PM »

An inability to score in the first 270 minutes of the season has frig all to do with Tom Marshall or any of the other defenders for that matter. Look, if Lee isn't going to play Crowther or Griffith, then they simply need to move on and we need to pull out the stops to bring in a ball winner in midfield and a proper right-footed right winger. Easier said than done I know, but it does need doing. The lack of goals, or even goal scoring opportunities Is a massive problem and I think we ARE in big, big trouble, especially if and when Nicky is injured.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Big big trouble