PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby  (Read 18813 times)

Jimmy

Re: Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 09:11:59 AM »

Whether it crossed or didn't, it was a brave decision to give it by the officials. After the penalty that wasn't last week, I think the phrase 'evens itself out over the season' springs to mind  ::)
being wrong isn't brave

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 10:00:47 AM »

Excellent footage by Mark, let's hope plenty of people make a donation to his fund in the link he has put on so we don't lose this invaluable FREE service   

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 12:06:05 PM »

Whole of the ball? No chance.

Excellent Alty TV footage as ever...

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »

I think we'd have been furious if that had been given against us. Even with this brilliant view of it (well done Alty TV) it's not possible to say for sure if it was over. There is no way the officials could be certain and so they shouldn't have given it.

Inept rather than anything else but we'll have a load of inept decisions go against us before the seasons out. Nice to get something from what sounds like an excellent performance.

Hamilton

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 01:51:49 PM »

Whether it crossed or didn't, it was a brave decision to give it by the officials. After the penalty that wasn't last week, I think the phrase 'evens itself out over the season' springs to mind  ::)

Had it not been a goal it should have been a pen anyway.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »

Looks like a goal to me, it's never Bowerman's though!

According to the main site, it's been awarded to Michael Rankine, which is fair enough IMO. He deserved something for his efforts last night.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »

Looking at the position of Rankine's foot i'm not sure which ball he was trying to push over the line.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 07:18:01 PM »

To me it looks over the line when the keeper drags it back and it hits his left thigh/ball sack. Only just in, a great spot by the liner/ref but how they spotted it i dont know.

Either way i will take that.
totally agree I was stood with fraser and John and it was clearly over by a foot ... the footage proves that beyond doubt .. great call
ParkINson's red and white army

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 09:44:44 PM »

look at the keepers thigh, then look where the ball ended up. I still think it was over the line, but how the liner saw it god only knows.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2015, 11:17:14 PM »

Possibly also a response to the vocal response of the fans and players, and the fact he may have seen me jumping about celebrating an apparent goal.

To be honest I was right behind the goal and I was unsure if it crossed the line but am claiming it anyway!!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2015, 09:50:49 PM »

You can see from this angle that the liner would be able to see the ball and that the ball was over the line and with the benefit of ultra slo-mo within an inch either way of being completely over it.
I think the liner saw the keeper pulling it back with his thigh which probably convinced him it had crossed it.

I think it actually was an amazingly good decision all things considered, how often can we say that with refereeing decisions at this level  :D

Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2015, 09:57:09 PM »

You can see from this angle that the liner would be able to see the ball and that the ball was over the line and with the benefit of ultra slo-mo within an inch either way of being completely over it.
I think the liner saw the keeper pulling it back with his thigh which probably convinced him it had crossed it.

I think it actually was an amazingly good decision all things considered, how often can we say that with refereeing decisions at this level  :D

From listening to the game it seemed to me the officials had a decent game.

Jimmy

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 10:05:53 PM »

do you really think that went over the line?

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2015, 10:09:47 PM »

Yes. Look at the slo-mo even if it didnt fully go over it was within an inch at most.

bighairedmike

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2015, 10:18:51 PM »

Yes. Look at the slo-mo even if it didnt fully go over it was within an inch at most.

stop chatting sh*t. If it didn't go fully over it's not a goal an inch or not. It's people like you that make fans from other clubs think we're a bunch of bellends. sort it out and stop being a prick. Have some grace.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby