PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby  (Read 18649 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2015, 10:23:31 PM »

You can see from this angle that the liner would be able to see the ball and that the ball was over the line and with the benefit of ultra slo-mo within an inch either way of being completely over it.
I think the liner saw the keeper pulling it back with his thigh which probably convinced him it had crossed it.

I think it actually was an amazingly good decision all things considered, how often can we say that with refereeing decisions at this level  :D
do you really think that went over the line?

Yes. Look at the slo-mo even if it didnt fully go over it was within an inch at most.

stop chatting sh*t. If it didn't go fully over it's not a goal an inch or not. It's people like you that make fans from other clubs think we're a bunch of bellends. sort it out and stop being a prick. Have some grace.

God knows where that came from,...? You clearly havent read what I put above.

What I have said is that it was incredibly close, one way or another and the liner gave it I think because their keeper made a movement which suggested HE thought it was over the line. Youre the one being a prick towards a fellow fan.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:54:43 PM by PukkaPieman »

RocketDan

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2015, 10:26:27 PM »

This may sound stupid, but there is no way the linesman could see if the ball had crossed the line with the defender and goalkeeper in the way, but I wonder if he saw a white sock of Rankine and mistook it for the ball being behind the line.

bighairedmike

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »

"I think it was an amazingly good decision?"

How is it a good decision if it's wrong? And how does that make me a prick because you're kidding yourself into believing a decision is correct despite everybody that has eyes acknowledging that it's wrong. Prick.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2015, 10:30:23 PM »

I've just watched it again .. it's at least 3 feet over the line. . Excellent call
ParkINson's red and white army

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2015, 10:33:36 PM »

How is it a good decision if it's wrong? And how does that make me a prick because you're kidding yourself into believing a decision is correct despite everybody that has eyes acknowledging that it's wrong. Prick.

Oh dear,........ fact 1 - it was given as a goal, fact 2, nobody knows for certain if it did cross the line, even with the benefit of slo mo. Fact 3, The liner had to make a decision and he did.

Being abusive to a fellow fan isnt clever, grow up.

Hamilton

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 10:35:23 PM »

It is touch and go as the whether the ball was fully over the line - it was certainly mostly over the line thanks to the keeper pulling the ball into his groinage - but lets just say the liner must have had exceedingly good eyesight to see it!

Must have been the same liner who called us for a foul throw v Spurs!!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 10:38:39 PM »

This may sound stupid, but there is no way the linesman could see if the ball had crossed the line with the defender and goalkeeper in the way, but I wonder if he saw a white sock of Rankine and mistook it for the ball being behind the line.
Maybe I'll learn to love the white socks after all  ;D

VofD

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 10:49:13 PM »

Oh dear,........ fact 1 - it was given as a goal, fact 2, nobody knows for certain if it did cross the line, even with the benefit of slo mo. Fact 3, The liner had to make a decision and he did.

Being abusive to a fellow fan isnt clever, grow up.

Then F***ING practise what you preach ??? ??? ???

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2015, 10:56:41 PM »

What the hell is the point of all this aggression, you are just ruining the website. Frosty, get back in your hole and shut up!!!!  Cannot be an Alty fan, just a trouble maker. Sling you're hook

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2015, 10:59:44 PM »

Thanks Steve, at last a true Alty fan! Why are some people so damn negative all the time  ??? ??? ???

Jimmy

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »

So we have to agree with you to be a true fan

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2015, 11:34:51 PM »

Jimmy, its not the fact people agree or not that I am objecting to, people are entitled to their opinions or the forum would not be worth having.

It is the pointless abuse that I objected to from Frosty, then others joined in and snowballed it. If people did not have differing opinions then the forum would be uninteresting. I certainly do not object if people have different opinions to me as they may be looking at things from a different angle. I just hate it when the likes of 'Frosty' just descend things into antaganostic abuse.

I would never do things like that but I do think that Frosty should calm it down a little and grow up! And that was putting it politely. I was tempted to ask him to disappear up his own arse.

bighairedmike

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2015, 12:16:09 AM »

I'm a reasonable person, and my comments earlier were harsh. However, the correspondent "PukkaPieman" was rude to other people on the forum earlier, so to then complain about it I feel is double standards somewhat.

I wasn't being negative in my post, and as a true Alty fan, I find it irksome when people have to manipulate every situation (which in this case was very fortuitous for us) to being a correct one, especially when we are all in agreement that the ball was not 100% over the line. It is people like this that show the club in a bad light to fans of other clubs and give us the "high and mighty" Altrincham nonsense that other clubs fans like to spout about us.

Can we not just accept that the decision wasn't correct, but it has suited us no end and hopefully has kick started our season?

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2015, 12:53:36 AM »

Can we have some  moderation on this forum please? Can I suggest that any poster who is abusive to another user simply for expressing an opinion has the post deleted and is warned that any future abuse will lead to their registration being cancelled?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 01:00:52 AM by Hale Alty »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2015, 07:07:42 AM »

Can we have some  moderation on this forum please? Can I suggest that any poster who is abusive to another user simply for expressing an opinion has the post deleted and is warned that any future abuse will lead to their registration being cancelled?

Difference of opinion is healthy on a forum. Being abusive is out of order.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby