PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby  (Read 18862 times)

brian1925

Re: Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2015, 07:47:18 AM »

Agree 100% with Bob. Difference of opinion is what the forum is all about. However, there is a cut off point and some of the posts in this thread are bordering on the abusive. Having been a victim of it myself in the past, can I just say that such posts are unpleasant and unnecessary - we all love the club, so can we all just keep it clean?

andrewflynn

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2015, 09:02:17 AM »

Choices of words aside, I do agree that the ball never crossed the line and we would not have the same amount of people saying it did if it was at the other end of the pitch. I really do think people are seeing what they want to see with the footage, we were incredibly lucky to be given a goal.

Jezza

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2015, 09:11:28 AM »

If only we had a qualified official on this forum to give us some informed reasoning on this forum as to how the liner could have given a goal.......

Even from the slow mo footage there is no still that shows the ball clearly over the line....we'd have been furious had that been given against us.

But we all agree we have to take such strange decisions...accept that officials are going to see things we don't and hope over a season it evens itself out.

I suspect had this footage been used in a sort of instant replay technology by officials a goal would not have been given?

I like the white sock theory  ;D

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2015, 09:25:46 AM »

Funny how we can turn one of the single biggest slices of luck in recent years into argument and acrimony.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »

We had a stonewall penalty waved away from a linesman stood 5 yards away at guiseley costing us a point, looking at the footage we got the rub of the green this Tuesday, swings and roundabouts. Move on to Dover now, tough game

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 10:11:07 AM »

We had a stonewall penalty waved away from a linesman stood 5 yards away at guiseley costing us a point, looking at the footage we got the rub of the green this Tuesday, swings and roundabouts. Move on to Dover now, tough game

Exactly!!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2015, 10:29:32 AM »

I'm a reasonable person, and my comments earlier were harsh. However, the correspondent "PukkaPieman" was rude to other people on the forum earlier, so to then complain about it I feel is double standards somewhat.

I wasn't being negative in my post, and as a true Alty fan, I find it irksome when people have to manipulate every situation (which in this case was very fortuitous for us) to being a correct one, especially when we are all in agreement that the ball was not 100% over the line. It is people like this that show the club in a bad light to fans of other clubs and give us the "high and mighty" Altrincham nonsense that other clubs fans like to spout about us.

Can we not just accept that the decision wasn't correct, but it has suited us no end and hopefully has kick started our season?

Yes your comments were harsh, abusive actually, apology accepted. Cult and I were just jousting, rude maybe, abusive certainly not, he knows I respect him greatly.

Getting back to point of the thread, what I actually said was that I could see why the liner gave the goal, I never said it had croissed the line, just that it was incredibly close and he made a brave decision, they even out over the course of a season dont they  ;)

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2015, 11:58:54 AM »

Still happy it's a goal. It's hard to get a screen grab at the best time from the GoPro video but the one below is pretty close and shows the ball about as far over the line as it gets.

Granted this looks as if it's not quite over the line but I don't think (I might be wrong here) anyone has mentioned perspective in the discussion so far. The GoPro is on the green post at the back of the goal and perhaps 40-45 degrees off the goalline so is always going to make the ball look nearer to the line than it was in actual fact. Also the ball is not on the floor so this also makes it harder to get the perspective.

I distinctly remember seeing green between the ball and the line as it happened. The linesman, in line with the goal line will have seen the ball quite a bit to the right of where it is in the picture below and I'm certain would have seen it over the line.

A brave decision from them though and I bet a lot would have not had the courage to make this decision (again I may be wrong here) but at the end of the day it's a goal and I'll take that any day :).

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »

Yeh, I wouldn't like to be convicted in a court of law on that evidence mind.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2015, 12:16:49 PM »

True :) but if you really wanted to you could mock this kind of thing up and then test the angles easily enough. Luckily we're not in a court of law and the goal was allowed. That's all I need to know :).

Yeh, I wouldn't like to be convicted in a court of law on that evidence mind.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2015, 01:08:07 PM »

Still happy it's a goal. It's hard to get a screen grab at the best time from the GoPro video but the one below is pretty close and shows the ball about as far over the line as it gets.

Granted this looks as if it's not quite over the line but I don't think (I might be wrong here) anyone has mentioned perspective in the discussion so far. The GoPro is on the green post at the back of the goal and perhaps 40-45 degrees off the goalline so is always going to make the ball look nearer to the line than it was in actual fact. Also the ball is not on the floor so this also makes it harder to get the perspective.

I distinctly remember seeing green between the ball and the line as it happened. The linesman, in line with the goal line will have seen the ball quite a bit to the right of where it is in the picture below and I'm certain would have seen it over the line.

A brave decision from them though and I bet a lot would have not had the courage to make this decision (again I may be wrong here) but at the end of the day it's a goal and I'll take that any day :).

thanks for this. .. on 3rd viewing it's at least 4 feet over
ParkINson's red and white army

Jezza

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2015, 01:10:39 PM »

we're just going to have to accept that we're not going to solve this without a lot more debate  ;D

and perhaps some scientific research into perspective physics....

can I use that photo as my facebook profile pic please?  ;D

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »

You're being generous there - I thought it was only about 3 feet over ;).
thanks for this. .. on 3rd viewing it's at least 4 feet over

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »

Funny how we can turn one of the single biggest slices of luck in recent years into argument and acrimony.

Yes. This!!  Hope you're not trying to spoil  my day? (Did I mention my Birthday?)

65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY    65 TODAY  :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:17:35 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Hamilton

« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2015, 02:35:48 PM »

we're just going to have to accept that we're not going to solve this without a lot more debate  ;D

and perhaps some scientific research into perspective physics....

can I use that photo as my facebook profile pic please?  ;D

LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty TV GoPro cam - 1st Goal Vs Grimsby