PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans  (Read 18703 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 08:09:04 AM »

I see the "Grimsby have already lost to Altrincham" excuse has been thrown in just for good measure. Get your excuses in early. It totally wouldn't surprise me if this ends up like the Bristol Rovers home game. Score first and 1,000 away fans on your back causes issues

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 10:49:11 PM »

Wrexham match was brought forward to 12pm on police advise and the attendance was 2,619
@AltyDaz

roytonmike

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2015, 09:08:20 AM »

Wrexham match was brought forward to 12pm on police advise and the attendance was 2,619
As far as I remember the game v Wrexham here was a 3pm kick-off. When they play Chester it's usually midday. On the Tranmere game - the critical points seem to me to be ensuring as far as humanly possible that (a) visitors don't get into the home end & (b) a separate section of seats is provided in the main stand for visitors. I trust the club & police to have these matters in hand. I assume that all home fans will bring a pair of football boots in case the injury situation worsens further before Saturday ...

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2015, 10:01:29 AM »

As far as I remember the game v Wrexham here was a 3pm kick-off. When they play Chester it's usually midday. On the Tranmere game - the critical points seem to me to be ensuring as far as humanly possible that (a) visitors don't get into the home end & (b) a separate section of seats is provided in the main stand for visitors. I trust the club & police to have these matters in hand. I assume that all home fans will bring a pair of football boots in case the injury situation worsens further before Saturday ...

Kick off at Noon http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/080825wm.htm
@AltyDaz

roytonmike

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2015, 05:07:03 PM »

I sit corrected!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2015, 09:23:59 PM »

Can now pay on the day as well I see I reckon 1800 will come
ParkINson's red and white army

Mr Woolf

« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2015, 09:28:22 PM »

Pay on the day??? I thought this was all ticket for them, cue the chaos, might give it a miss

Alty Razor Squad

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2015, 01:37:28 AM »

So it was never all ticket for away fans then or have they not sold as many as we thought they would? Either way I think a cash turnstile for away fans is a good idea because it should prevent any non ticket travellers attempting to gain access into the home end.

Mr Woolf

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2015, 08:31:20 AM »

Oh yes i agree, i think the turnstile operatives and stewards wont let a single one slip in unnoticed, i wonder how many will be allowed to just freely roam after getting access through the main stand. I think its unfair to be made to feel like the away fans at your home ground, cue the chaos

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2015, 09:00:05 AM »

What chaos? There's been a huge policing operation taken place ahead of the fixture, we should be happy to leave those with knowledge on such matters to deal with it. Why will you be made to feel like an away fan? You'll be stood in your own end of the ground and have access to the bar

markecky

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2015, 09:15:30 AM »

Pay on the day??? I thought this was all ticket for them, cue the chaos, might give it a miss

Now that the club know the numbers they know there is still a decent number of spaces in the away section, doesn't this make sense to allow them a pay gate?

Means that any who wanted to stand and couldn't get/couldn't be arsed getting a ticket and thought they would just pay in the home end now have no excuse, they can pay in their own end.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Home game with Tranmere now all-ticket for away fans