PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tranmere - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tranmere - MATCH THREAD  (Read 12922 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tranmere - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 11:50:48 AM »

The loan window is looming also. Hopefully we can bring a couple in by weekend should others not look like making it tonight. And if we do bring anyone in, keep it underwraps until kickoff, we need any advantage we can this weekend. More worried about southport than Tranmere, but that's for another thread.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 11:59:13 AM »

Two thoughts:

Griffith - if he is simply short of match fitness, stick him in the reserves for a couple of games.  else there is no point in having a reserve team.  we should have done this with Gillespie last season - knocking in a couple of goals against Cuddington Working Mans Club might have helped his confidence.  I say reserves rather than loan because our squad is too small to be loaning people out

Midfield - I think our problem is that we cannot afford to have both Lawrie and Sinnott in midfield if either one of them is below par.  And for me Sinnott has been better than Lawrie this season.  I would quite like to see Reeves and Rankine up top in a 4-4-1-1 system, rather than Rankine and Lawrie, or Rankine and Bowerman (with Lawrie on the left)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 12:06:14 PM »

I don't think the reserve team plays at anywhere near the level required for first team players to gain any real benefit from it. A loan to a Conf North or even Evostik Premier club would be of far greater use.
Come on Alty!

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »

Two thoughts:

Griffith - if he is simply short of match fitness, stick him in the reserves for a couple of games.  else there is no point in having a reserve team.  we should have done this with Gillespie last season - knocking in a couple of goals against Cuddington Working Mans Club might have helped his confidence.  I say reserves rather than loan because our squad is too small to be loaning people out

Midfield - I think our problem is that we cannot afford to have both Lawrie and Sinnott in midfield if either one of them is below par.  And for me Sinnott has been better than Lawrie this season.  I would quite like to see Reeves and Rankine up top in a 4-4-1-1 system, rather than Rankine and Lawrie, or Rankine and Bowerman (with Lawrie on the left)

And on the second point, unfortunately I don't think we can play both Reeves AND Rankine, as both would have to play up the very top - and we have already established this season that we still can't get away with that.

As the problem has always been the risk of being overrun in midfield, I think 3 conventional CMs (i.e. neither Lawrie nor Sinnott) should solve this, and allow Bowerman and A.N.Other (either of the aforementioned or Crowther) to get on and support Reevesy/Rankine.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 12:51:06 PM »

Whilst the level of reserves might not be anywhere near conference level, in terms of match fitness/sharpness they'd be better playing in that than sitting in the stand. It shouldn't be seen as a smite, rather a means to an end. The reserves should be used for those not in the squad. Not every player not involved every week, but if people are short on match time, 90 mins against anyone is far more beneficial than sitting in the stand. If anyone has not had a proper preseason or is not sharp due to no game time, then get them in, I'd sooner be playing against Malpas than going in a coach to Dover for nothing

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 01:29:40 PM »

Figgy - you put it so much better than me.  If he is close to fitness, he will only need a couple of games.  And games at any level are better than training or indeed an overnight trip to Dover.

Jimmy

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 01:44:27 PM »

Agree

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »

Yep get em in the reserves for a workout regardless of the standard...

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »

So after last nights injury update, how does everyone think we'll line up tomorrow? Crowther or Lawrie on the left? 5 across the Middle? 4-4-2?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 11:56:26 AM »

Looks like Tranmere have a section of the popular side which is fair enough for such numbers, don't mind in circumstances like this. Maybe we should all just stay in the golf road end tomorrow rather than hamper the view of those stand in the middle of the pop side normally as it'll be congested with TV stuff with BT being in attendance also. Don't mind not having the full terrace in circumstances like tomorrow

http://mobile.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/visitors-guide-to-altrincham-2652661.aspx

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »

Yes I agree stay in Golf Road stand.

As for team,  4-5-1.  Lawrie over Crowther but don't know who I put the 1.

Looking forward to it.  Hope the Wainwrights doesn't run out too early
Full time and proud of it

Jimmy

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 12:51:03 PM »

Lawrie and crowther shouldn't be competing for the same place Lawrie should play behind forward number 10 role and crowther a winger that's not to say either should play my point is Lawrie isn't a winger
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:56:19 PM by Jimmy »

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 01:21:47 PM »

So after last nights injury update, how does everyone think we'll line up tomorrow? Crowther or Lawrie on the left? 5 across the Middle? 4-4-2?

In the 3 games I've been to this season, James Lawrie hasn't done enough to warrant a place in the team in my opinion. With that in mind, I'd like to see Crowther given a chance.

Based on the amount of chances we haven't created so far this season, I'd like to see us set up to stifle them and hopefully get a draw. Always a dangerous way to approach a game but I can't see us winning despite Tranmere's last result...

This kind of pessimism is normally out of character for me but I've found the performances thus far to be particularly worrying in terms of us creating chances / scoring goals. Exception being Bowermans goal at Dover which was excellent...

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 01:50:00 PM »

Coburn

Densmore Leather Parry Griffin

Sinnott Moult Richman Crowther

Bowerman

Rankine or Reeves

Bench: Lawrie, Clee, O'Keefe, Reeves or Rankine, Ollernenshaw

Subs will probably be Reeves for Rankine (or vice versa), Lawrie for Sinnott or Crowther (Bowerman moves to left and Lawrie behind forward if Crowther off), O'Keefe for Moult or Richman if tired

roytonmike

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 02:23:36 PM »

I'm assuming Clee won't be available but Griffin might be (based on what has appeared on the main website). My suggested line-up would be
Deasy
Densmore-Leather-Parry-Griffin
Sinnott-Richman-Moult-Crowther
Lawrie
Rankine
Subs - O'Keefe, Reeves, Bowerman, Griffith; assuming no other seniors are available Heathcote or Swift to make up the numbers (or come on for experience when we're three up with two minutes to go ...)
I can see us putting in the same kind of determined performance as the last home game - in which case who knows what might happen - but to be honest any points we might get out of it would be pure bonus, & it will be hard to pick ourselves up physically for Monday at Scouseport, as squad rotation won't really be an option.
Attendance 2000+, so gate receipts very respectable!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tranmere - MATCH THREAD