PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport - MATCH THREAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Southport - MATCH THREAD  (Read 22649 times)

Jimmy

Re: Southport - MATCH THREAD
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 06:37:39 PM »

I was worried that at Dover we would be tired after Grimsby...and it would appear our lacklustre performance at the Crabble was due to weariness.

We have less time to recover for Haig Avenue and little prospect of squad rotation.

i think the problem at Dover was more down to the heat both sides looked tired but agree 2 wins in 3 days is a big ask

arnald

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 08:26:07 AM »

We never win when exspected however to day is the tails of the unexpected  q the music 2nill

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2015, 09:33:32 AM »

Are the 2 players that were sent off on Saturday suspended for today or does the ban only kick in next Saturday?

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

Are the 2 players that were sent off on Saturday suspended for today or does the ban only kick in next Saturday?
Banned for today.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:57 AM »

Last Year I got sun burnt, this year it's going to be trench foot!

Never an easy when its the 2nd game in 3 days, especially with the injury ravaged  squad we've got. Still think we can go and win. Score first and their heads will go.

Would like to see Rankine, Reeves and Bowerman play as a front 3
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 02:42:17 PM »

Deasey
Densmore
Leather
Moult
Griffin
Sinnott
Richman
Crowther
Bowerman
Lawrie
Reeves

Bench

Rankine
Heathcote  
O'keefe
Griffiths
Parry

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 02:46:41 PM »

Deasey
Densmore
Leather
Moult
Griffin
Sinnott
Richman
Crowther
Bowerman
Lawrie
Reeves

Bench

Rankine
Heathcote  
O'keefe
Griffiths
Parry

Surprised that Parry is on the bench. I guess fitness may be a concern if he hasn't had many games.

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:34 PM »

Definite attacking intent !

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 03:05:41 PM »

Oh s*it Richman injured, massive loss. Parry will be sore after Saturday as he won't ber match fit so I understand that

ALTYGAL

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »

0-2 down already normal service resumes !😠

taxi Phil

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 03:56:19 PM »

This is the same referee who was absolute sh*te against Barnet last season . Today he hasn't even reached THAT deplorable standard.

Losing Richman when Moult is already playing centre half has had the effect of totally emasculating our midfield. We've been poor, but we've not had an ounce of luck.

Hopefully we'll put Rankine on and go at them.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 05:00:30 PM »

Richman going off and the worst performance by a man in black since the SS were about killed it. When does the loan market close again?.... Our lack of depth is frightening, got lucky with it last year, need to get on the phone to some unattached lads tonight. Thankfully southport will take one of the relegation berths

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »

Terrible performance, but totally unsurprising as we always play poorly at Southport. Complete opposite to Saturday. Yes, we weren't helped by a poor refereing display or richman going off early but the decision to "rest" rankine was shocking. Been our best player this season and took over an hour to get him on the field when it was obvious at half time that things needed changing. O'Keefe and Sinnott are too lightweight in the centre of the park and Reeves was barely in the game. One last thing, if Griffith can't get a game today in that shambles of a team then he needs releasing. Looks like this years of Steven Gillespie.

brian1925

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »

Agree completely with all the posts re. the game today. It reminded me a bit of the Nuneaton away match last year. We knew they were down and they also knew they were down - that's where Southport are. Referees are given a rough ride a lot of the time, but Mr Coy deserves the abuse he gets - he needs to give officiating up as a bad job. Having said that, neither the second nor the third goals were down to him. Does anybody know why Lee decided to play only one centre half? He actually had a chance to put that right when Si got injured, but brought on the completely ineffective O'Keefe. I wonder when it will click with Lee that Reeves and Bowerman will never work - much too similar (Reeves was one of those players along with Lawrie, who I actually forgot was playing today). Finally, Jordan Sinnott. Oh dear, oh dear. I seriously challenge any of those who make excuses for him to come up with any today. Jake did his best out of position. Deasy didn't do much wrong (but should have been sent off) and Michael did what he could, despite being persistently assaulted by two defenders and being booked for getting fouled!!! In short, we were crap, they were crap, the game was crap and the officials were crap.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 05:42:17 PM »

I believe Rankine was stiff after Saturday, as soon as Richman went off moult should have been pushed into the middle and Heathcote bought on. And if parry is injured he's injured, get a reserve/youth player on the bench. I appreciate we've a small squad, but to fill the bench with people with no chance of playing is a farce. We need to wise up and get a few more on duel registration if we can't afford to sign any outright. And on another note, players are very very well looked after here, part time or not, if they aren't pulling their weight get them in the reserves or out on loan to get fit/focussed, we can't carry passengers with such a small squad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Southport - MATCH THREAD